It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok then people, the next question- Why do you think Creationism SHOULD be taught in schools?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have read everything so far and given almost everyone a star as they've contributed considerable points to my OP which I am very grateful for (except you John Matrix purely because I can't view your YT videos right now), I hope this thread continues in much the same fashion, there's just one more thing I must ask before I go for the night

judgiebegoode can I have your permission to put this in my sig, please? It is awesome!

Originally posted by judgiebegoode

people will always doubt evolution because it cannot be observed... but people will always doubt god for the same reason.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by ShiningSabrewolf]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiningSabrewolf

Except that evolution has been observed. Not only in the example I provided but pretty much every time we eat corn. We breed different types of corn (and many other living things) to promote the traits we value and and exclude the traits we don't.

Evolution IS observed and observable.

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that that isn't part of a "creation." However such creation has NOT been observed. Thus one is in the realm of science the other in the realm of faith. So, teach creation to your heart's content in places of faith and keep it out of the science classroom, lest you allow me to come into your church and teach you evolution.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I have never understood the negative attitude of humans being animal.

We are animal.

Humans have a soul, mind, consciousness, spirit etc. which is different from other animals. When children are taught that they are no different than animals they begin to believe it and then act like animals. Acting like animals means they become unpredicatable and don't understand the concept of moral accountability.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiningSabrewolf

because it should be.

oh wait i mean it should only be taught in a history class. because it is
absolutly a part of history. can't get around it. end of discusion.

Annie

why do you have to start insulting animals?

[edit on 28-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by John Matrix

Procreation can be observed all day long, no one has observed evolution.

Wrong ...

www.pnas.org...

Of course you probably would have known that if we taught science in church.

But that would be silly right?

Sorry, not wrong.

Procreation has been made visible to us on the cellular level for years.
No one was around even 20,000 years ago to witness evolution taking place. What is observed today is not evolution. There is no evidence of any of the thousands of species changing from one form to another.

[edit on 28/8/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Procreation is not the same as Creationism. Let's not get so mixed up in our terminology please. Procreation is certainly a cornerstone of the evolution theory, so you're not making a point with this.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Yeah, I think once he said that no one was around 20,000 years ago, any further reasoning may be for not.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

Procreation is not the same as Creationism. Let's not get so mixed up in our terminology please. Procreation is certainly a cornerstone of the evolution theory, so you're not making a point with this.

I'm not getting them mixed up. Procreation is a cornerstone of creation. People came first, then came babies. The Divine Creator made it so. That is just plain common sense.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Yeah, I think once he said that no one was around 20,000 years ago, any further reasoning may be for not.

Well then.....Do you have any documentation or scientific evidence compiled by anyone from even 10,000 years ago that witnessed evolution taking place? Can you show me his name, his evidence....maybe some video, photographs etc. of transmutations of species taking place? Well?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

We are animal.

Humans have a soul, mind, consciousness, spirit etc. which is different from other animals. When children are taught that they are no different than animals they begin to believe it and then act like animals. Acting like animals means they become unpredicatable and don't understand the concept of moral accountability.

That is your belief.

What garbage. Many animals have a very high social order structure. Probably far superior to humans.

Elephants and the Timber Wolf for one.

The only thing in the human world corrupting children is adult humans.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

why do you have to start insulting animals?

LOL

Exactly!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

That's not what you said ...

You said there was no one around 20,000 years ago.

Given your propensity for religious dogma and apparent allergy to scientific knowledge one could only deduce that you were going all Adam&Eve on us.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

That's not what you said ...

You said there was no one around 20,000 years ago.

Given your propensity for religious dogma and apparent allergy to scientific knowledge one could only deduce that you were going all Adam&Eve on us.

I know what I said, I reduced the time period for you from 20,000 years to 10,000 years...and you can't provide the evidence I asked for....now let's reduce it to 5,000 years.....know anyone back then that documented evidence for transmutation of species from one form to another? Pick a time....there is none...there is no evidence....not in the fossil record....not anywhere.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

BTW: I am not religious in the sense that you are referring to. I believe in a divine creator, and I believe creation science better explains all the same evidences that evolutionists also use for their explanations because to me, the creationist explanation is more logical and reasonable.

Order and complexity of the magnitude that exists in the Universe and in all life does not simply rise out of chaos from nothing and without an intelligent designer/creator. Believing what I believe requires a lot less faith than believing the evolutionist model. If any group is more religious about their beliefs than the other, evolutionists win that label hands down.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

My friend, I already showed how evolution has been replicated in a lab ...

Google "domesticated corn" and learn how we use evolution EVERY DAY to our benefit.

You don't want to accept it by creating false gaps, be my guest ... humans have always filled in their lack of knowledge with divinity. Just cause something seems too complex to grasp does not make it divine.

I consider myself a rather spiritual person in general, but I don't need to have my views to be taught in science class to have them validated.

[edit on 28 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You don't want to accept the nine part series I linked to: Here is part five.......www.youtube.com...
View it and weep.

PS: Evolution is a faith based system which requires far more faith in natural processes than creationists have in a creator. I gotta hand it to ya....you guys got faith....LOL

[edit on 28/8/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Even though I do believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savoir, I think that Creationism should be taught in schools to give another way of seeing the world. When just evolution is taught it is very one sided and I think both sides should be taught objectively for the kids to make up thier minds with all the facts, not just one set of facts.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yeah, I watched parts of the videos and they are the very definition of poor logic and strawman arguments.

Plus you are missing the point by doing exactly was I said in the last post. Namely inserting divinity where science either has no answers or is lacking.

Classic god of the gaps fail.

Anyhoot, no point in discussing this any further ...

I shall be visiting your local churches to teach quantum theory in the near future.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by schrodingers dog

BTW: I am not religious in the sense that you are referring to. I believe in a divine creator, and I believe creation science better explains all the same evidences that evolutionists also use for their explanations because to me, the creationist explanation is more logical and reasonable.

Order and complexity of the magnitude that exists in the Universe and in all life does not simply rise out of chaos from nothing and without an intelligent designer/creator. Believing what I believe requires a lot less faith than believing the evolutionist model. If any group is more religious about their beliefs than the other, evolutionists win that label hands down.

OK - that makes more sense to me.

I believe in an Energy Creationism. Nothing exists but Energy - - out of "single" energy came a consciousness - consciousness evolved in intelligence. Energy is thought - thought creates.

Everything is of the ONE - created by thought - progressing in a stacking effect.

I still don't support teaching Creationism in pre-college public school. Unless - it somehow can be related to science.

I find it too confusing and advanced for most pre-college students. Unless - it is taught in conjunction with a religious belief. Catch 22. No religious study.

College however is elective - Teach Away!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That's all well and good ... but here's the thing ...

I want to indoctrinate our children now while their brains are juicy and impressionable.

I don't wanna wait till college .... or puberty. [/sarcasm]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join