It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok then people, the next question- Why do you think Creationism SHOULD be taught in schools?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

So there is little to study or learn from it.

This is gross understatement of someone who does not understand.

There is so much in scripture that we can syudy and learn from. Astrology, cultural differences, math, science it is amazing what you can find in there...

Psalms 82:5 "They know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

Psalms 92:6 The senseless man does not know, fools do not understand,

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible

II Peter 2:12 But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
What's the point of teaching creationism at school? Why clog it up with more annoying crap? They can learn about that stuff at church or something, anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

Originally posted by Clickfoot

So there is little to study or learn from it.

This is gross understatement of someone who does not understand.

There is so much in scripture that we can syudy and learn from. Astrology, cultural differences, math, science it is amazing what you can find in there...

WTF does that have to do with anything I said?

Misquoting somebody does not prove your point, and in fact shows that you are the one that 'does not understand'.

I have no idea why anybody thinks it necessary to constantly throw bible quotes around, like nobody else has ever read the bible. But you know what? I didn't do it in school. That's the way it should be.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

There is so much in scripture that we can study and learn from. Astrology, cultural differences, math, science it is amazing what you can find in there...

What scripture are you talking about?

Are you talking about the Christian bible? That's like the Readers Digest of hand selected ancient text. Not to mention they were translated from ancient language.

Translating direct word often results in incorrect meanings.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus

Creationism DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY ALL THE TIME MEAN CREATION BY THE CLAN GOD(S) OF ISRAEL IN THE BIBLE !! There is a BIGGER world out there people, open your eyes !!!!!

Of course they are ignored, according to jews and christians, their's is the 'only' god. Something that smacks of wishful thinking and hypocrisy from the word 'go'. I always wondered why jesus and whatnot were 'real' but Thor, Heracles, and Cthulhu were 'fake'... Lovecraft made far better stories than the bible writers, and there isn't all that silly interpretation to work out. The norse and greek myths are far more satisfying, I guess because you don't get all that sex-guilt and whatnot. As for teaching that stuff in schools, don't they already? I thought it was called 'Sunday School'? Oh the OP meant public schools... Hmm. Well I have to say that there probably is a minority that would like their kids to learn some sort of judeo-christian mythology, but I don't think it should be forced. By introducing it in schools, you pretty much make it mandatory to be learned. Choosing your religion should be something that the kids should have complete freedom of choice about, and teaching 'creationism' in school sort of undermines that. Of course, most parents don't give their kids that much slack, but wth eh, one can hope right?

Chrono

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
Once again, for those saying creationism is a valid scientific theory, please provide the evidence for this.

Might be waiting awhile... (Ahem)

I have been waiting for something more concrete than 'magic man dunnit' for some time now. Would love to see some scientifically verifiable stuff from creationism that didn't end with: "How could this creature have 'evolved' this way unless there was a supreme designer?" ...or something similar. Which sounds a whole lot like an assumption to me.

Chrono

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I wouldn't care if both evolution and creationism are taught in school.

Let the science class stay a mandatory classs where they teach evolution. Because after all, evolution is science. Can't really teach science without mentioning it.

But have an elective teaching creationism and other religous topics, colleges do it. Just stick it under the electives and let those who want to study both sides of the arguement have that option.

If people would not get so sensitive over the two, they would see that both sides could and do complement each other nicely.

After all there are a lot of religous scientist out there.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Clickfoot

If you are going to talk about ancestors having tails, don't include my ancestors in your hypothesis and speculations. My ancestors did not swing by their tails from trees. Neither did yours. There is ZERO proof of it.

Order and life cannot come about by natural processes from chaos and non-life particles. There is no evidence of transitional fossils and no evidence of transmutation of species. There is no evidence that man evolved from apes or from any sub human species.

The earth's granite was created and cooled within minutes. Polonium halos prove this. The earth did not take millions of years to cool down. The earth's is unique from all the other planets and moons in our solar system. The earth's composition is unique. The huge volume of water on the earth is unique. It all points to intelligent design and creation.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Polonium halos

Wasn't that debunked long, long time ago?

www.talkorigins.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Polonium halos

Wasn't that debunked long, long time ago?

www.talkorigins.org...

There are claims of it being debunked, but the debunkers were cross debunked....so the war rages on. It's never been debunked to my satisfaction.

Edited to add link to article: www.halos.com...

[edit on 29/8/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
reply to post by Clickfoot

My ancestors did not swing by their tails from trees. Neither did yours. There is ZERO proof of it.

*sigh* Fossils, skeletal strucure (compare a young chimp skeleton with an adult human skeleton), DNA, physiological similarities...

Order and life cannot come about by natural processes from chaos and non-life particles.

Define life and non-life particles? I don't suppose you've heard of the controversy surrounding virii?

There is no evidence of transitional fossils and no evidence of transmutation of species.

Again, look to fossils, but before you do consider this: WE name, classify and catalogue the species, it is up to human scientists to determine how different something has to be to be defined as another species, fossilization isn't a common process and... need I quote dogs, cats, cattle etc again?

There is no evidence that man evolved from apes or from any sub human species.

Sub human?

The earth's is unique from all the other planets and moons in our solar system. The earth's composition is unique.

As are all the other planets and moons in the solar system different to Earth and each other

The huge volume of water on the earth is unique.

There is water on Mars, there could be water on Europa as it's surface is covered in ice, there could even be water on Uranus as it has water ice in it's atmosphere. Liquid is not a good case for Earths uniqueness, nor is life, as there have been possible indications of bacteria found on Mars (methane in the atmosphere which as far as we know can only be produced by living things) and if you look at some threads here, even possibly full grown communities of plant-like lifeforms.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well, first off let me get my stand across. I am a christian and I DO NOT think creationism should be taught in schools. Nor should evolution(as a creating factor) be taught.

For me, however one wants to personally view the existence of the universe is fine. In fact, it SHOULD be a personal idea. I am not one to take sides. Never have been...

The only way kids today will be able to grow and actually think for themselves is if they stop believing in all the nonsense they are taught. They need to be able to self educate on matters such as this. There's no ONE accepted way, so why even teach it. It's not like algebra or physics where there are guidelines and consistent rules.

a2d

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am not saying that man doesn't evolve, only that the theory that man evolve form a mixture of chemicals, to singles cells, to fish, to mammals, to man (abridged lineage), hasn't been proven. I personal believe it though.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuckhere
reply to post by Annee

I am not saying that man doesn't evolve, only that the theory that man evolve form a mixture of chemicals, to singles cells, to fish, to mammals, to man (abridged lineage), hasn't been proven. I personal believe it though.

Personally - it annoys me when people speak in "singular". Like all ET's are from the same race - they are either benevolent or out to destroy earth. As if there is no Gray area - - of course there is Gray area.

My answer would be "all of the above" - - meaning some life (including some early humans) is a product of Primordial Soup - also DNA manipulation by more advanced beings - also transplants from other worlds - etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I believe there is evolution and an intelligent creationism (not the religious variety).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join