It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barney Frank says Ron Paul bill will pass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Barney Frank says Ron Paul bill will pass

www.washtimes.com

House Financial Services Chairman Rep. Barney Frank, Massachusetts Democrat, said he expects former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul's legislation to audit the Fed to pass out of his committee in October as part of a larger regulatory package.

Today, the Government Accountability Office has no power to audit the Federal Reserve. Mr. Paul's bill would empower the government watchdog to do so and make their findings available to the public.

Mr. Frank was asked at
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Really?

Well, i'm sure it's a partial victory, but I guess something is better than nothing.

However, it's important that they don't release a watered down version of the bill as they say it will be part of a larger package.

Let's see what happens as it will be passed shortly.

But one thing to remember is that the only reason it passed is because so many people contacted their representatives and told them to support it.

www.washtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As much as I hate Barney Frank, I'm glad to see him pushing this, and wanting to get this done.

Unless, he is only doing it so he can assign the higher ups in this office, and make the results find whatever he wants to find. Hmmmm.....

Guess that is why I am on a conspiracy site, I can't help but to think there is some ulterior motive behind everything.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

that's all fine and dandy but knowing the government, the red tape, the bureaucrats, etc, just how long before this gets voted on and goes into effect and when can we expect results? months, years, decades?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Mt feelings towards Barney Frank tend to run hot and cold, depending on issues and his specific positions on those issues. But in large part, I believe that he is one of the few national politicians who works, not just going from place to place taking money in exchange for votes, like most others, but he works, and I believe that he TRULY BELIEVES, that he's working for the interest of public good.

Whether or not I/ you/ we agree with his actions or positions on specific issues, I really think he believes.

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich (sp), much the same for me. I largly agree with many of their positions, some I do not, but again, I believe that they BELIEVE in what they do.

Partisanship aside, I think this country can, and for the most part does, do much worse in our selection of national politicians.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
After I watched the Barney Frank townhall meeting, I realized he is just another politician. But, this is good news and bad at the same time.

Good news: They audit the fed and find faults.
Bad news: The banks cry "uncle" and create systemic collapse.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by uaocteaou

Well there's nothing wrong with Barney Frank being gay, but isn't he also a pedophile?

I'm asking not saying

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
When Barney Frank is for something, I worry about the legitimacy of it...since he's a corrupt bastard.

He probably thinks that it will not pass the senate...we'll see.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One could possibly imagine all the people who mysteriously get "Suicided".
I'm not a fan of Barney but I'm glad to hear a few things from this...

One that Ron Paul's work is finally being taken seriously and second that we out in the Interwebs are having an impact on those in charge.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm a HUGE Ron Paul supporter - but guaranteed - nothing but a watered down, nearly useless, version of the Audit the Fed bill will ever pass...

However - all the attention it is getting - is great at opening people's eyes as to what a monster the Creature from Jekyll Island really is!

We must make sure to NOT accept any kind of compromised, innefective legislation as a resolution - we will not stop - CAN NOT STOP - until the FED is DEAD!!!

A Constitutionally based monetary policy is the only way to Restore the Republic!

Accept NO substitutions!!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Barney Frank going up against the banks? Wow.

The Banking Queen?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is really good. I am not too much of a fan of Barney Frank. I got my first impression of him from watching him at the Town Hall meetings. I know other people have said stuff about him... bad stuff but he doesn't come off the guy who I'd want to support the bill... but this is a good start that the bill is even being taken more seriously by the partisan Dems in congress and the senate. We need those people for the votes for the bill.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnoxMSP
As much as I hate Barney Frank, I'm glad to see him pushing this, and wanting to get this done.

Unless, he is only doing it so he can assign the higher ups in this office, and make the results find whatever he wants to find. Hmmmm.....

Guess that is why I am on a conspiracy site, I can't help but to think there is some ulterior motive behind everything.

Well, welcome to the hell that is seeking the truth.

You'll never get those precious hours and days of your life back, you'll never ever get them back.

Damn ATS and other interesting websites like it.

I personally began to be a "conspiracy theorist" when I read Anomalies Unlimited. I learned about chemtrails and also deep underground military bases there. And it scared me enough to continue looking.

Anyway I think we all feel like there is some ulterior motive behind everything, but the reason is, because it's usually TRUE!

Keep looking hard because they will keep trying to pull the wool back over your eyes, my friend.

And back on topic: If this bill passes, won't America collapse? I'm smoking and drinking like a madman as this news has been unfolding. I'm very worried things are about to egt alot worse very soon. How can this have a positive outcome?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
However, it's important that they don't release a watered down version of the bill as they say it will be part of a larger package.

HR1207 is already heavily watered down compared to what hard-liners like Paul want, but I think it's important to take any steps you can.

Sometimes you have to compromise a little to get something done, and I'm sure the idea is that once the figures actually come out, people like Paul expect it to show bad things, and then he'll be able to convince more people to get on board with even tougher bills.

As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day, and the Federal Reserve won't likely be demolished in one day either.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
In all honesty, this passage in the bible is as clear as any of Nostradomus' stuff.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Kings From The East would make more sense if our central of gov sat east of them, and not due west.

top topics

join