It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Feelings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am interested in Paranormal studies but no only so much. Whenever I am drive past this certain place I get an odd feeling. I feel insecure, scared, a bit sad. I am not sure why but I can sense it from 20 feet radius. I just get feel a bit overwhelmed.

The place seems a bit dreary, but there is the one building I hone in one. A one story structure that looks like an old laundry place and the neon light is always out.

I am no empath and don't want to be one...I don't think this is the situation because it only happens at this certain spot and a few other spots maybe 1 or 2 in my life.

Any comments?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
you might be an empath who is running from their abilities like i was at a stage so stop and face it. trust me it's the best thing that could happen to you

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing as Killer 5. That you have some abilities and that maybe these certain places are attracting you for some personal reasons. Maybe for development? Maybe for other, more personal reasons that you can't talk about over the internet in a social way. Go deep sweetie. It's worth it to find out more. It is so much more enriching in your life to take that step, take that chance and go for it. You feel enriched. Fuller. Even when it is scary. It's better than being afraid all of the time instead of just for that moment before you begin learning the truth. Because once it begins...it's moving along. You develop that way.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If you do and you are hiding, when you finally let go, it may overwhem you. To fully be able to help friends you have to have some level of empathy...it usually come s form mutual, similar experiences, but those who have the "real" talent never need to go through it--they just know what it feels like, as if they were there, in your head. It's a matter of degree.

It's like dealing with music. some people have perfect pitch--they hear a note, they know exactly what note it its, and often the key. Then there are those with relative pitch, you tell them what the starting point is, and they can figure it out. They string out all across this line. Ive known some poeple who thought that they were tonedeaf who just needed a little training--some of them even had perfect pitch, but most of what they heard was off-key. You never really know.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That's brilliant jlc163! I love how you compared it to an art. So like Mozart, some of us are born with it, while others have to learn it. Whereas some of us have no ear for it at all, and should spend our time developing what we do have to develop.

So when the desire is there then it ought to be put to use. I'm learning things too about this stuff and it helps when I get information like this, to know where next to put my energies. Thanks a whole lot. You have some really good posts!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think you should face this and go to that building. As was posted, you shouldnt run from yourself. You might miss out on a grand and wonderful aspect of life. Usually these kinds of feelings, sadness and such associated with a building means a tragedy took place there, maybe you can get to the bottom of whatever mystery occured and possibly bring to a conclusion the suffering of a lost spirit? just my thoughts.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Crazy, thing is that I moved about a year ago so no memories are tied with me. And it is too far to get there by foot. Maybe if I actually go to a place when I feel it I will try but only if I AM there and not driving past it.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngwie
Crazy, thing is that I moved about a year ago so no memories are tied with me. And it is too far to get there by foot. Maybe if I actually go to a place when I feel it I will try but only if I AM there and not driving past it.

The essence of it is to get in touch with what you are feeling. And if it draws you there for some reason, find out why.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
maybe i think you should go there. i had the same experience with a place i used to drive by although it was a hill not a building, and when i got there i found alot of peace. if those feelings are bad though maybe you should give it a miss. why, because there might be something bad there that can sense your a an empath who is unsure and is looking for somebody to haunt. beware. Something�s are better left for those who are surer. don�t worry about being an empath take it as it comes. Except what you are.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I haven't learned to make shields yet so I am unprepared...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
then beware. its no big deal if you dont check it out. if the pull is that great go there with someone, and be very objective to the feelings that arise while your there, especially if there bad or of temptation.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I researched shield. not sure how to test it

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

TextCrazy, thing is that I moved about a year ago so no memories are tied with me. And it is too far to get there by foot. Maybe if I actually go to a place when I feel it I will try but only if I AM there and not driving past it.

Depending in what your beliefs are, I will say this place may be link with something that happened on another life, sometimes a feeling of deja vu is link to a past life. In order to understand why the place afecting you, you have to confront the place and the feelings, if I was you I research first on the place history and then when feeling more confortable just visit the place usually the feelings go away once you face what is bodering you.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thank you all, I had another experience today

When I was in school today I was waling down the hall and suddenly felt a feeling of anxiousness.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
How bad was this anxiety attack, and can you relate it to what you were thinking, where you passed by, and what that place means to you? To just say this, it comes across to me more like some mental disorders do--not particularly bad, but a problem when the anxiety takes over your life. Was the anxiety you or not-you? Feelings that are not yours correspond more to empathy things, and they are easy to diffrentiate between with time--and I'm not talking about denial.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
well I was just walking not worrying about a thing, then I sorta felt anxious but hardly. I guess I was thinking a bit about empathy so it might have been a heightened imagination. Probably was

Also when I get my licenseasking my parents to take me to soem place i don't even know anything about

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Yngwie]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngwie
I am interested in Paranormal studies but no only so much. Whenever I am drive past this certain place I get an odd feeling. I feel insecure, scared, a bit sad. I am not sure why but I can sense it from 20 feet radius. I just get feel a bit overwhelmed.

The place seems a bit dreary, but there is the one building I hone in one. A one story structure that looks like an old laundry place and the neon light is always out.

I am no empath and don't want to be one...I don't think this is the situation because it only happens at this certain spot and a few other spots maybe 1 or 2 in my life.

Any comments?

Maybe it's the negative energy of people reacting on you. My aunt feels the same way when she gets near maybe a sick person or something.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
go when you feel ready,know yourself and choose for yourself when to go you and you alone will know when you are ready trust me, i know how it feels.

top topics

join