It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck scores Top Cable Rating! 3,000,000 viewers!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Monday was a holiday and viewership almost always declines over holiday weekends. For the sake of comparison, O'Reilly and Hannity were also off about 1 million viewers that night.

By contrast, Beck averaged just a little under 2.8 million viewers last week, which puts him at roughly the same level with Sean Hannity for #2 in the cable news ratings for any network. I haven't checked the previous averages just to be sure, but I think that would represent about a 10-15% increase over Beck's pre-boycott ratings.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
People can hate on Beck all the want but if he's getting all these viewers surely there are people listening to what he has to say. After watching a few shows over the past few weeks I cannot for the life of me figure out why all this hostility is pointed towards someone who spends an hour a day trying to spotlight how the government is basically screwing us all over. His topics recently have been spot on. Is it because of Fox-News? Its funny to me how people can say he's a disinfo agent and then throw someone's name like alex jones out there as a valid source. They do the exact same thing. If anything...at least beck isn't all "We're doomed!" as Jones. Sure Beck can be preachy and annoying at times but the man's bringing topics over to mainstream that you aren't seeing on mainstream. I don't even watch MSM. I give him credit. Frankly- his show is opinionated truth. Take it how you want it. This man appreciates and respects the constitution and its values. He doesnt want to see the USA turn into a communistic state- I think we all feel that same way. I respect what he's trying to do. There are plenty of other people to hate in MSM and on t.v./radio.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

OK, I'll buy that. Since you like statistics so much, answer me this then.

Obama beat McCain 53% to 46%.

Of the 58,343,671 who voted AGAINST Obama a 3 Million viewership represents roughly less than one-half of 1 percent. Seems paltry by comparison. No?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces Sure Beck can be preachy and annoying at times but the man's bringing topics over to mainstream that you aren't seeing on mainstream. I don't even watch MSM.

I find it so ironic that people don't consider FOX as Mainstream media while others tout high ratings and it being #2 cable network. Their programs sponsored by Advertising just like EVERY OTHER profit-driven network. (BTW, the #1 cable network is USA network, an ENTERTAINMENT channel.)

FOX has developed a niche by catering to the fringe element of right wing neocon lunatics by spreading fear and inciting bigotry.

If you seek Non-MSM media, I highly suggest PBS.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I've never argued otherwise. I'm merely pointing out that the numbers from Monday are unusually low for a reason.

That said, its not an apples-to-apples comparison. The number of viewers for cable news at any given moment is probably no more than 5 million people. Its in that context that the success or failure of these shows must be judged, not the overall population.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pmexplorer

So do you support him when he states that the president is a racist?

First off, my apoligies for calling you a "tool". I think it was just a poor choice of words on my part.

Now, as far as Obama being racist... I agree that he is racist simply because of what he says. Go to 5:30 and watch that portion of this clip of Glenn Beck...

And here's a little bit of Obama's book "Dreams of my Father" with his own audio and clips from Obama, Jeremiah Wright, etc.... Has racism all over it.

Point is, Beck made his comment on Obama being racist because of another comment Obama made in the past. One in which he was asked what his views/policies were. He answered back by stateing "if you want to know where I stand on certain issues, just look at the people I surround myself with". Well Beck did some research on that basis. He surrounds himself with self-proclaimed communists and black radicals with deep hatred for white people (Van Jones, Jeremiah Wright, Obama's father, etc.) This is where the basis of Glenn Beck's comment came from about Obama being racist towards white people. Even at the age of 13 or 14 he denounced the race of his mother. All of this above stuff would be considered if a white president said all of this about black people. It's a double standard in America and Glenn Beck was tired of playing the "politically correct" white guy and called a black man "racist" for a change.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by Locoman8]

[edit on 9/11/2009 by Locoman8]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join