It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck scores Top Cable Rating! 3,000,000 viewers!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974

One Czar is gone thanks to Glenn Beck.

The power of Glenn Beck is real!
Lets see. Which Czar do we go after next? Hmmmm....
Lets make a list and check it twice.
I want to see another "GONE!" post on Drudge.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

Patti Ann Browne has been with Fox since 2000, seems like she'd be hosting something by now. I think she may be at her peak with Fox.

-------------------

I've been rethinking my stance on Beck also. Though I have a hard time believing Murdoch would allow someone on air who would tell the whole truth about things. I think Glenn is doing a great service for the people. He was the driving force behind getting this Job Czar to resign so that's a good thing.

At least he's making some people look into issues they wouldn't have glanced at before. I just hope people will research the things he talks about themselves like he tells them to. It goes so much deeper than he's willing to talk about on air.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

Fox has the loveliest women, and many very good looking men employed within it's ranks. One of their most under utilized pretty females right now is Patti Ann Browne. They'll find a spot for her, just wait and see. I'd like to see her up against prime timers on the big three networks. They are grooming her something that is for sure. She is very easy on the eyes.

I think you just proved the point that many are trying to make here.

Like this lady, Glenn Beck is groomed. He is dressed, positioned and used to manipulate the minds of the masses.

The piped piper always plays the tune the mice want to hear as he leads then over the cliff.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I am a pretty conservative guy, but haven't voted Republican in many years. I drift back and forth between Libertarian and Constitutional, and see the merits of both approaches. But i like Fox news, gun rights, etc.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how the hell Glenn Beck even stays on the air. He is so obviously nuttier than squirrel poop it just blows my mind that anyone watches his show for anything outside of seeing self contradiction and general intellectual fustercluck.

The only thing i can think is that the BDS seen during the Bush era is now being practiced by the Republican base to such an extent that reality has become completely transformed in their own minds.

I really, really don't get it.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confused and Dazed!
Meanwhile, listen to, watch FOX newscasts. As they say; "They'll report, you decide!"

Hmmmm. Excuse me. One itty-bitty flaw. THEY decide WHAT to "REPORT". Duh.

If you sincerely think that a "for Profit network" which is part of a global media empire would champion the cause of "Truth" over ratings and profits then I am afraid you have no clue as to what a ruse this is. Pure and simple this is partisan fear mongering. If the end goal was to topple the country, they'd soon lose a profitable propaganda machine.

He who controls the Questions, controls the Answers.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexanI cannot, for the life of me, figure out how the hell Glenn Beck even stays on the air. He is so obviously nuttier than squirrel poop it just blows my mind that anyone watches his show for anything outside of seeing self contradiction and general intellectual fustercluck.

See, this is a perfect example of what I was trying to say earlier in the thread.

People that don't already "get it" aren't going to get it from Beck. He is the crazy guy on Fox that talks about conspiracy theories. Anything he says will be seen that way.

He can talk about the Federal Reserve all day but no one will believe it because Beck said it. This is the perfect way for TPTB to talk about these things on air. Gives everyone who already knows someone to watch while making everyone else laugh at him.

All of the self contradiction is done on purpose in my opinion. While I think it's good someone on air is discussing these things. Turning them into sideshow clown issues only hurts the cause. I am really torn on Beck for this reason.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by Confused and Dazed!
Meanwhile, listen to, watch FOX newscasts. As they say; "They'll report, you decide!"

Hmmmm. Excuse me. One itty-bitty flaw. THEY decide WHAT to "REPORT". Duh.

If you sincerely think that a "for Profit network" which is part of a global media empire would champion the cause of "Truth" over ratings and profits then I am afraid you have no clue as to what a ruse this is. Pure and simple this is partisan fear mongering. If the end goal was to topple the country, they'd soon lose a profitable propaganda machine.

He who controls the Questions, controls the Answers.

These people don't want to look behind the curtain.

They are too happy with their lollipops or dancing in the poppy field.

Why would they ever question their great and powerful wizard?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
To all of you Beck naysayers...... something he says is working because Van Jones is gone. KK says Beck is losing yet to me he seems to be winning. He achieved his goal with Van Jones and will most likely work on the next czar that poses a threat. Don't you just love hate bloggers? At home picking their noses and scratching their cracks while typing out a post crying that Beck is evil.....

Oh and to the person who said my statistics were wrong (1 in 100 Americans watch Beck) then simple math will do the trick. Beck had over 3 million viewers on his show when he returned. Seeing that we have a 300 million person population, 3 million is the equivalent of 1 in 100. Go back to math class!

The 9-12 project is almost here and I'm eager to see how many people will show up in DC.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
To all of you Beck naysayers...... something he says is working because Van Jones is gone. KK says Beck is losing yet to me he seems to be winning. He achieved his goal with Van Jones and will most likely work on the next czar that poses a threat. Don't you just love hate bloggers? At home picking their noses and scratching their cracks while typing out a post crying that Beck is evil.....

Oh and to the person who said my statistics were wrong (1 in 100 Americans watch Beck) then simple math will do the trick. Beck had over 3 million viewers on his show when he returned. Seeing that we have a 300 million person population, 3 million is the equivalent of 1 in 100. Go back to math class!

The 9-12 project is almost here and I'm eager to see how many people will show up in DC.

Don't you just love these Glenn Beckians that think because of a few people win at the shell game that the game is not rigged.

I would suggest that you go back and look at where and how they get their numbers for determining how many people viewed that show. It is not a case of simple math.

But I wouldn't expect anything more from you then the vitriolic I told you so, my team is better than your team juvenile rantings of a typical Glenn Beckian.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritoftheNightSky

The numbers on on a simple cable ratings that can be found by searching on the internet. Plus, my DirecTV has a button called the "active" button which tells you what the 5 most watched shows are in the east/west/ or nation at that very moment. Every day at 5pm, Fox News with Glenn Beck's show is number 1 out of 5. At 6 ist's Bret Baher. At 7 it's Shepherd Smith. At 8 it's Bill O'Relly. At 9 it's Sean Hannity. Need I go on? They are all on Fox News. From 7-10 the news channels get more of a back seat due to prime time shows like Desperate Houswives or Hell's Kitchen but at 5 pm, the number one show on TV is Glenn Beck. There's no debate there. It's okay though. You keep on drinking the red kool-aid provided by Washington DC.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

You seem to cling to the notion that somehow popularity equates to truth. A false assumption in my book. But some people buy into such nonsense. That is why salespeople and advertisements always use terms like: "its our biggest seller, this is our most popular model, number one at the box office, NY Times best seller list...etc"

By virtue of his popularity he is a victim of his own success, albeit a one-trick pony. The same reason tabloids are so popular. (National Enquirer meets newscaster.) Doom and gloom, scare tactics and shocking fiction.

To paraphrase Gen D. MacArthur: "If everybody is thinking the same thing, then somebody is not thinking."

Just keep hitting your button on the idiot box. It is obviously having the intended effect.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Glenn Beck - do people seriously believe in this nutcase?

From Charlie Brooker....

Another great example of independent consensus-challenging news coverage is America's Fox News network, home of bellicose human snail Bill O'Reilly and blubbering blubberball Glenn Beck. Beck - who has the sort of rubbery, chucklesome face that should ideally be either a) cast as the goonish sidekick in a bad frat house sex comedy or b) painted on a toilet bowl so you could s**t directly on to it - has become famous for crying live on air, indulging in paranoid conspiracy theorising, and labelling Obama a "racist" with "a deep-seated hatred for white people or white culture".

As a news source, Fox is about as plausible and useful as an episode of Thundercats. Still, at least by hiring Beck, they've genuinely challenged the stuffy consensus notion that people should only really be given their own show on a major news channel if they're sane.

The trouble is, once you've gasped or chuckled over the YouTube clips of his most demented excesses, he's actually incredibly boring: a fat clown with one protracted trick. His show consists of an hour of screechy, hectoring bull#: a pudgy middle-aged right-winger sobbing into his shirt about how powerless he feels. It's an incredible performance, but it belongs in some kind of zoo, not on a news channel. But that's the Murdoch way.
"

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I know popularity doesn't equal truth. Obamamania was the story on the campaign trail and it was popular to like him. I didn't. Neither did Beck. My point with the ratings is the fact that people are fed up with our government and everyone in the msm is slinging the same doo-doo to the public. To have a voice that speaks out the truth is a refreshing thing to have in this day and age. One that's actually on an msm network which gives the average, non-internet savvy person a chance to think outside the box. Maybe Beck is a tool but he is speaking the truth and asking questions to the top dogs. It's normal for someone like you to blast him... mostly for his past mistakes but what makes you better than him?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Shown up for the pompous a**hole he really is.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pmexplorer

You better stop drinking the LWL "cool aid".
Over 3,000,000 people disagree with you.
Glenn Beck brought down that Czar that resigned in the middle
of the night.
Give credit where credit is due.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

You better stop drinking the LWL "cool aid".
Glenn Beck brought down that Czar that resigned in the middle
of the night.
Give credit where credit is due.

You're having a laugh.

Have you ever visited a circus?

Fox = a giant circus, people watch and laugh.

It's a source of perverse entertainment.

Glenn Beck is an imbecile. Have you seen the one of him mispelling
'oligarch'...o..l..i....g...a...r....(errr?)....h?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I go by results.
1 Czar down. I can see 3 more leaving soon.
Go Glenn Beck!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

*snip* Do you have anything better to do? How about debunking his FACTS for a change instead of calling him names! Was he wrong about Van Jones? Is he wrong about the people Obama associate with? He used the exact words of Obama, Jones, and a number of other czars working for Obama but all you can do is call him names because he seems a little bit republican or conservative? Olberman is a freakin Nazi but I'm not here to make fun of him. Do something better with your time than making fun of Beck. If you don't like him, prove him wrong.... mainly about Van Jones and other recent events. If you can't do that, then shut your trap and go start a Beck hate-campaign thread... that way I know to avoid reading nonsense.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

[edit on Wed Sep 9 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

FACT CHECK:

Although Glenn Beck's numbers did spike one one night, he has consistently fallen short ever since.

Case in point. Viewers for Monday 9/07.

5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)

Glenn Beck– 1,733,000 viewers

tvbythenumbers.com...-26644

Perhaps the Pied Piper of Pleebs is losing his zeal.

Watching Glenn Beck is kinda like riding a jet ski. Its actually rather fun but you wouldn't want to have your friends catch you doing it.

Kinda like wearing a pair of Crocs.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8

Another disgruntled tool crying about a guy on tv.... Do you have anything better to do? How about debunking his FACTS for a change instead of calling him names! Was he wrong about Van Jones? Is he wrong about the people Obama associate with?

Do something better with my time? I think it's quite worthwhile showing the more gullible readers who might be suckered in by this clown and his antics up for what he really is.
Plus this is a forum, people are entitled to give their opinions and this is mine, if you have a problem with that go see a mod.

Bit hypocritical aren't we? You ask that I stop 'picking on' this idiot Beck
and desist from calling him names yet you open your post by openly insutling me? Very clever.

Obviously you're hurt that people see through this guy and his bullcrap.

If his castigation of Van Jones his saving grace for you?

Wow, how very impressive stating the very obvious and then receiving plaudits for it.

He has a persecution complex and taps into the fears of others who feel persecuted. He make inferences and predicts, which is not the same as analyzing. He says everything is coded and only he can figure it out to protect the "real" Americans. It is a lot like an Evangelist reading the Bible and then telling the masses what it means.Beck sheds a couple of tears and people think he is some kind of martyr.

So do you support him when he states that the president is a racist?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join