It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Glenn Beck scores Top Cable Rating! 3,000,000 viewers!

page: 13
29
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is an idiot and most all his facts are wrong (dosen't even know basic history). Just goes to show you the state of the US if people worship ignoramuses.




posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
P.S. NEVER take the word of anyone..evidently you DO have the internet, so look up the backgrounds of the Czars, the Chair of Apollo, and amazingly you too will come up with the SAME facts as Glenn Beck..an to think..you didnt have to turn that tv on at all..



Without even searching I can tell you that the term Czar first originated during the
Nixon era and continued under Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton and Bush 43.

I suspect you find the term nefarious sounding because you don't comprehend its meaning.

But just for fun, here's some links for ya:

Reagan Budget Czar

Bush's 'War Czar'

Bush's Intelligence Czar

Mack Daddy List of all US Czars/Aministration

Yes little Missy, I know my way around the internets. (sic)


Oh and by the way, you continue to use the phrase "Trojan Horse."


You do realize it was strategically successful and the Greeks slaughtered the Trojans. Right? It was a brilliant tactic used to defeat an enemy. Not necessarily a bad thing.


[edit on 31-8-2009 by kinda kurious]



posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
What I really don't understand and I really haven't gotten an answer to from reading this thread is this... What damage is Glenn Beck doing to the many on here and around the country who are searching for the truth and who are trying to pay attention? If his show is the first that someone watches like my mom and dad, who have always trusted the government and are beginning to realize that all is not right, why is this bad? I don't trust Glenn Beck particularly, any more than I trust Alex Jones, or CNBC. I take what he says and I run it through my filter of individual liberty, and so far he's pretty on the ball as far as pointing out dangers to individual liberty. He's pretty careful what he covers, and some real hot button points he avoids, like 9/11, camps, vaccinations etc. I've also heard him bash camps and 9/11 truthers, however in a lot of other areas he's covering what no one else will. Is this where the hatred for the guy comes from? If so I suppose I can get that, but my Dad refuses to believe that the Government had any inside info on Pearl Harbor yet he still gives great advise on life and is very insightful on any number of other shady Government antics. And I would suppose there are any number of people who find 9/11 to be a sham but perhaps are unsure or actually believe that swine flu is a big problem, or are unsure of some other coverup, aliens perhaps. Are these people evil too? Perhaps like many in this country GB is just starting to wake up and is fighting his conditioning as best he can, little by little and some truths are simply more than he can stand right now. I've watched him move progressively farther from the Repub party line over the last 3 years or so, and my personal belief is he's actually waking up and scared to do so, and besides being scared he has to temper his comments and coverage to what he can get away with. Lets say he came out and believed and said whatever you all think he should, would he still have a nationally syndicated radio show, or would he be discredited and removed as fast as you can blink. It's not an easy proposition to accept fully that your government hates you and wishes to kill or enslave you, and even harder to say it and get away with it on a national level. Perhaps we should be grateful that someone at least is saying as much as he is on a national level, maybe it will lead more people to question more.



posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by MissysWorld
P.S. NEVER take the word of anyone..evidently you DO have the internet, so look up the backgrounds of the Czars, the Chair of Apollo, and amazingly you too will come up with the SAME facts as Glenn Beck..an to think..you didnt have to turn that tv on at all..



Without even searching I can tell you that the term Czar first originated during the
Nixon era and continued under Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton and Bush 43.

I suspect you find the term nefarious sounding because you don't comprehend its meaning.

But just for fun, here's some links for ya:

Reagan Budget Czar

Bush's 'War Czar'

Bush's Intelligence Czar

Mack Daddy List of all US Czars/Aministration

Yes little Missy, I know my way around the internets. (sic)


Oh and by the way, you continue to use the phrase "Trojan Horse."


You do realize it was strategically successful and the Greeks slaughtered the Trojans. Right? It was a brilliant tactic used to defeat an enemy. Not necessarily a bad thing.


[edit on 31-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

First of all...We are not debateing over the "Term" Czar, so you can keep your links. We are looking into the backgrounds of the people who have been hired by this administration, as a Czar. Maybe instead of looking up past Czar lists, you could spend a little time reseaching the present Czar list under Barack Obama. Secondly..I do not find the "Term" Czar, nefarious..(flagrantly wicked or impious : evil), I find that the FACTS on most of these Czars, show them to be..nefarious.
Lastly..yes I do continue to use the term "Trojan Horse", and yes I do understand the term, and they way in which I use it..
Trojan Horse-"Someone or something intended to defeat or subvert from WITHIN usually by deceptive means."
Wake up, quit being "Kinda Kurious", start being "Kurious For The Truth"




posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ha Ha, since I've been reading this forum so much lately, now you've got me watching Glenn Beck everyday! He seems to be the only one who isn't afraid to speak his mind. I'm glad that he is able to do that. He isn't the only one who senses that something is not quite right in Amerca, and at least he says what people have been thinking.



posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans
No, you're the one bringing up the arguement. It's YOUR obligation to me, the opposition to the arguement, to give me the info. The same way I told you to even learn what a communist and stop spewing oxy-morons all over the place. So I gave you the link to the Communist Mannifesto. You read it yet????? Or you still think a corporate landowning billionare is a communist?


Is YOUR obligation to know what in the world you are talking about... First, i said it already, I know about the Communist manifesto well enough, thank you very much...

I also know that the Communist manifesto ALLOWS FOR THOSE IN POWER IN THE STATE TO OWN EVERYTHING, because that is part of the plan according to Marx. Since you haven't been indoctrinated into this, and obviously you haven't read Marx, yet you are another one of those who keep pointing at the Communist manifesto without knowing the context behind it, and the so called "stages" for a perfect Communist state, you keep just giving red herrings, and you keep believing like so many others that the Communist manifesto is great, and an utopia for everyone', when the reality is contrary to your claims.

Every person in any, and every nation won't have total control over a nation for obvious reason some people, such as you, can't seem to understand...

Humans are not robots... Humans are born as INDIVIDUALS with many differences from other people.

As individuals, we all have different ideals, goals, and even dreams. Communism destroys all of this. Communism is anti-individualism, hence oppressing, and even destroying individuality, or what makes us all different.

The goal of Communism is to have EVERY citizen become a diehard "revolutionary" who will follow the Communist goals to the death. In other words, Communism indoctrinates people to be robots just following their programming to the letter.

Communist nations will ALWAYS have a few in power, and those few in power have ALL the power, since they own ALL infraestructures, they own ALL property, and in general those in power have ALL the power and the people have no say unless they bow down to the Communist elite.

So, are you going to continue to make red herrings, and keep trying to tell people to "read the fantastic Communist manifesto"?... Or are you going to accept the fact that EVERY friggen Communist nation that has ever existed, or still exist has become some of the worse dictatorships on the planet, despite the claims of people like you who have no idea what you are alking about?...

Of course people like you keep trying to claim "there has never been a Communist nation, it has never been tried"....




[edit on 1-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]



posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans

It's Socialismo o Muerte. Hasta la Victoria Siempre. The letter given to Castro from el Che. Yes socialism, is a transition state, so is State-Capitalist countries, you ever even heard of them before? FYI My brother's father is from Cuba. You're stating the obvious with Marx, no duh he said that. It was always that.
Religion, Class, and Capital (Money). That's Capitalism. Communism lacks all of that. Read the link I gave. You obviously don't know what a communist is if you're calling TED TURNER a friggin' communist.


Wow, I guess you know what it is to live, and experience a Communist regime because "your brother's father is from Cuba"....


Not only that but you admit that Socialism is but a stage towards Communism, which is something other Socialists denounce to the death.

You also fail to add the fact that EVEYRTHING that makes people individuals is sytematically oppressed, and destroyed by COMMUNISM...

There is no place for individuality in Communism. There is no place for any real form of spiritualism, religions, or spiritual ways of life in Communism..

Of course no person can have private property whatsoever, and still you claim this is a perfect utopia... even though you haven't even lived it and experienced it like tens of MILLIONS of other people have who have escaped your "utopia"...


[edit on 1-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]



posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
ON TOPIC:

Caution, you are about to enter the spin zone.

Glenn Beck, in his own words................................

www.youtube.com...

Reminds me of that scene in "When Harry Met Sally" when Meg Ryan fakes the Big "O"



[edit on 1-9-2009 by kinda kurious]



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
ON TOPIC:

Caution, you are about to enter the spin zone.

Glenn Beck, in his own words................................

www.youtube.com...

Reminds me of that scene in "When Harry Met Sally" when Meg Ryan fakes the Big "O"



[edit on 1-9-2009 by kinda kurious]


CAUTION: You are about to enter the TRUTH zone.
Glenn Beck's research team, discovers the TRUTH about who the President has working in the White House. The TRUTH about his Communist Green Czar Van Jones. The TRUTH also discovered about Obama's other Czars, and thier backgrounds. Glenn Beck shows the truth, with FACTS...

* Who Is Van Jones, Barack Obama's "Green Jobs Czar"?
www.youtube.com...

*White House engaging Artists and the Art Community,Using YOUR Tax dollars in propaganda(Facts with e-mails and taped meetings between the White House and the NEA(National Endowment for the Arts).
*The NEA enlisting Artists to push Obama agenda.
www.youtube.com...
*NEA Phone Transcript and E-mail posted by Washington Times
www.washingtontimes.com...

*Glenn Beck Summarizes Five Radical Obama Czars
www.youtube.com...

*Meet Jeff Jones, Weather Underground Founder & National Apollo Alliance Adviser, who helped write the Stimulus Bill
www.youtube.com...

*Obama's New 'Fairness Doctrine', FCC Diversity Czar [Chief Diversity Officer]
www.youtube.com...

Reminds me of that video "The Best Of Friends", When "O" finds his long lost friend, and comrad..Hugo.
www.youtube.com...

The "Truth Train" is coming, fast and furious, for ALL to see...
"We surround you"



[edit on 2-9-2009 by MissysWorld]

[edit on 2-9-2009 by MissysWorld]



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans

It's Socialismo o Muerte. Hasta la Victoria Siempre. The letter given to Castro from el Che. Yes socialism, is a transition state, so is State-Capitalist countries, you ever even heard of them before? FYI My brother's father is from Cuba. You're stating the obvious with Marx, no duh he said that. It was always that.
Religion, Class, and Capital (Money). That's Capitalism. Communism lacks all of that. Read the link I gave. You obviously don't know what a communist is if you're calling TED TURNER a friggin' communist.


Wow, I guess you know what it is to live, and experience a Communist regime because "your brother's father is from Cuba"....


Not only that but you admit that Socialism is but a stage towards Communism, which is something other Socialists denounce to the death.

You also fail to add the fact that EVEYRTHING that makes people individuals is sytematically oppressed, and destroyed by COMMUNISM...

There is no place for individuality in Communism. There is no place for any real form of spiritualism, religions, or spiritual ways of life in Communism..

Of course no person can have private property whatsoever, and still you claim this is a perfect utopia... even though you haven't even lived it and experienced it like tens of MILLIONS of other people have who have escaped your "utopia"...


[edit on 1-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]



Ok , Now I lved in Communism Romania ...right and I can tell you right now with the little we had and we had houses that were ours we had land we had jobs we had school we had health care.Maybe they were not the best in the world maybe we were not making a lot of money but I can tell you one think:

Families were together, People were helping each other . You were on the street only if you were a bump.

Stress level was not even close to what it is right now ...Access to Information was a minus is true but if you look beyond that people were happy like that in their misery .

Now if I take all this families in USA that lost their house do not have health care and live on 1000 dollars /month with no jobs .....they can not buy any of this things that America offer they live in stress and they are disturbed with the society I will tell you they will rather live in the Communist era with roof over their head that was theirs and some food and a job and school than be in this situation some of them at ages that there is almost nothing to do .....and they should have been already with a house paid and money in the bank for retirement

I am not a communist or a supporter but I can tell you from many points of view was much better than .



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse
 


O and yes we were getting some info on religion and spiritualism in different ways but we were getting it .

We were very religious and it was apart of our life since we were born . Was not practice up front due to re precautions was kept inside the house hold and inside each person and let me tell that is how it is suppose to be anyway .



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012
 


Welcome to the USA. How long have you been here?
What do you think of our political system?
Don't worry about the USA. I can see the future and
it's going to get better. Glenn Beck just needs to keep shining his
light of truth.



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
Ha Ha, since I've been reading this forum so much lately, now you've got me watching Glenn Beck everyday! He seems to be the only one who isn't afraid to speak his mind. I'm glad that he is able to do that. He isn't the only one who senses that something is not quite right in Amerca, and at least he says what people have been thinking.


Welcome to the forum.
Glenn Beck is helping out a lot.
The entire Fox News network is a great place to go to find
the truth.

It looks like Obama has a plan to drop the public option.
Glenn Beck will be reporting that Pelosi/Reid/Obama team
will instead try to push through a Trojan horse.
KennedyCare no Public Option on the front page but
if you read the details, the door for Public Option Canadian Health Care
will be in there. All we have to do is ignore everything Obama says
and just watch what he does. -Sliding the Trojan Horse into the details. -



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
The entire Fox News network is a great place to go to find the truth.


In one little sentence you have just exposed the soul of your ignorance.

As if a 'for profit' media component of a global media empire would adopt a goal of
providing truthful information over profit. Don't kid yourself.

Seeking "truth" at FOX NEWS is like alcoholic seeking sobriety at a open bar wedding reception.




[edit on 2-9-2009 by kinda kurious]



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is a moron who caters to the dumbed down American public... He is a perfect fit for the Faux News Network... Turn his crap off and listen and watch legitimate news reporting like the BBC...



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemstone
Glenn Beck is a moron who caters to the dumbed down American public... He is a perfect fit for the Faux News Network... Turn his crap off and listen and watch legitimate news reporting like the BBC...


I needed a good laugh!

BBC = Joke
Glenn Beck is getting more viewers every week.
The Obama Czars keep making big mistakes.
Glenn Beck shows it.
BBC ignores it.
Fox News is the best place to find the truth.
We need Rush Limbaugh on his show a few more times.
Glenn is on a roll!



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by lisa2012
 


Welcome to the USA. How long have you been here?
What do you think of our political system?
Don't worry about the USA. I can see the future and
it's going to get better. Glenn Beck just needs to keep shining his
light of truth.


If Glen Beck is the light of truth then Jesus Christ is Satan.

I know how powerful their conditioning is and how malleable people become when immersed in the culture of the media but I was betting on more people being able to see through the masks but the more posts I read here on ATS the more convinced I become that they have won.

The pod people have just taken over our country and I don't see any way back.



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritoftheNightSky
 


I'm glad over 3,000,000 people disagree with you.
The numbers speak for themselves.
Fox News is grabbing viewers from everywhere.
We have momentum. Just watch this speech coming from Obama soon.
Glenn beck is going to show very clearly that
Obama says.....................................................X.
But the details of KennedyCare really are...........Y.
Obama will say "No Public Option" but Glenn Beck will find it anyway
in the details.
Lets just wait and see how close I am.



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


From your incessant childish chatter, I'd say you suffer from either puberty or senility, I just can't tell which. You seem to be impressed by his numbers. That merely illustrates the pervasive ignorance that exists by others of your ilk.

Strange that his "truth" message wasn't around when Bush drug us into an unnecessary war resulting in the avoidable deaths of over 4,000 Americans the vast majority of which were less than 25 years of age.

I don't recall any "truth" message from the Pillsbury Doughboy back then. Do you?


[edit on 2-9-2009 by kinda kurious]



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
My boss was arguing with me today over Glenn Beck. He, like many here, have this false impression that Glenn Beck is some non-partisan truther who is out to "expose the evil government." So first off, lets get one thing straight. Glenn Beck is a conservative Republican, even though he tries to sugar coat it. I actually laughed when I read this lame justification of non partisanship.



Although I am a "conservative," I'm not a "Republican," and there's a big difference. A true Republican, or a true Democrat, is someone who puts their party above their principles and their candidate above their conscience.

But most of us (or at least those of us who live outside the Beltway) aren't like that. We're more like the mad scientist Frankenstein: We'd like to take a piece of this candidate, a touch of that one and a little slice of the one over there, mash it all together and create someone who's lines up perfectly with our values and beliefs.

www.cnn.com...

Actually Glenn, you're a Republican. I'm sure that outward label worries you considering your job at FOX is to convince gullible democrats or other people that you really are a "concervative but not a republican." The truth is, he wouldn't be on FOX if he didn't fulfill some part of Rupert Murdoch's agenda - which he does perfectly. To pull to the right, independents and fringe democrats, through the deception of being neutral while throwing subtle jabs and hyping up all the wrongs on the liberal side - and there is A LOT of wrongs on the liberal side.

But enough about Glenn's not so hidden agenda, let's talk about the man himself.

In short, he's a fear mongering drama queen that thrives on blasting the lastest doom and gloom scenarios over and over until you actually start to believe he is doing this for the greater good of America.
It's no wonder he scored the top cable rating - he is the epitome of what the news has degraded into.


[edit on 2-9-2009 by xEphon]



new topics

top topics



 
29
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join