It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - Anyone searched school yearbooks?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I have as many questions about the Mysterious Past of BHO as anyone.

No BC - no school records etc.

My question - where are all of the school yearbooks from the schools he 'claims' to have attended?

Every school I ever went to have a yearbook with names and pictures of the students.

But I have seen Nothing Anywhere that anyone has checked this source?

Anyone seen anything? Found any info from anyone that has researched yearbooks? It shouldn't be hard to check the schools + years he says he attended to cross-reference thru a yearbook -

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Let's just admit that Obama is a mysterious person. Probably one of the hardest President to find documentation on. Does this speaks badly of him? IMO no.

But it does make one curious how one could become so famous and leave a relatively small paper trail.

I did see one of his uncle's from his mom side on TV the other day. Seemed to have nothing but kind words for his nephew.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mappam

Do foreign schools have "yearbooks"?

Now my area only had them in high school, but no lower levels. Class pictures maybe. and if the schools saved them, it would be a miracle.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It must not be too difficult to find because Classmates.com uses the president's High School photo in their ubiquitous advertisements that they plaster everywhere on the Internet.

Not only that, the pictures of him from the 1979 Punahou High School yearbook are all over the internet. There is the regular one and the one of him playing basketball...although I think his name is spelled "Barry" instead of "Barrack" in the 1979 Punahou High School yearbook.

"Barry" is even in the 1976 Punahou High School Yearbook. A picture of his 9th Grade Class can be found HERE.

If anyone has any doubt, use Interlibrary Loan to get a copy from the Hawaii & Pacific Section at the Hawaii State University Library. They have a collection of over 2,000 Hawaii public and private school yearbooks.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Do foreign schools have "yearbooks"?

Punahou High School is in Honolulu, not a foreign country. You can find the US High School our president attended HERE.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Obama's High School Graduation Pictures

Elementary Class Photo

Why would his yearbook pictures be on the Internet?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Wow that elementary picture makes me suspicious.It looks photo shopped for sure.Look at that girl to the left of him,her head is huge and definitely not proportionate to her body.What is casting a shadow on his crooked head?(Pun intended)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I'm no PhotoShop expert, but that photo looks cut and paste to me...

"Barry" is even in the 1976 Punahou High School Yearbook. A picture of his 9th Grade Class can be found HERE.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm not trying to open any more cans of worms. However, when he was in Indonesia he went by the name of Barry Soetoro and yet he apparently was never adopted. He moved back to Hawaii at the age of 10 and uses the name Barry Obama in the High School yearbook. His birth name is Barack.

What gives? The guy has been flying under the radar for his entire life. Slick Barry. I guess he went back to being Barack when he went to college. He didn't want to be labeled as a sell out you know.

I am growing very weary of all of this nonsense. He has treated the nation as a ship of fools for long enough. I just want him to present one grade report from his college years.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the links and pictures.

I googled and didn't find any - guess I used the wrong keywords or something.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
He moved back to Hawaii at the age of 10 and uses the name Barry Obama in the High School yearbook. His birth name is Barack.

But it's okay for people named Richard to use "Dick" or people named Harold to use "Harry" or people named James to use "Jim" or "Jimmy", or people named Thomas to use "Tom" and "Tommy" interchangeably?

Let's face it, each and every one of us in our culture uses many names throughout our lives.

Take for instance someone with the name of Archibold Stevenson Harrison on their Birth Certificate.

His parents may call him "Archibold".
His mother may call him "Archibold Stevenson Harrison" when he is in trouble.
His parents may call him "Archie" when he is good.
His siblings call him "brother"
Embarrassed by both the long and short version of his name, he may go by "Steven" in school.
His best friends may call him "Ash" (his initials)
His teammates may call him "#47"
His lovers call him "Sweetie" or "Snicker-doodle" or "Pookums"
His business card may read "Steven A. Harrison"
His co-workers call him "Steve"
His subordinates call him "Sir"
Strangers call him "Mr. Harrison"
Bill collectors call him "Archibold S. Harrison"
His children call him "Dad" or "Father" or "Pa"
His grandchildren call him "Grandpa"
His great-grandchildren call him "Great Grandpa"
His sibling's children call him "Uncle Harry"

Each of us may carry 20 or more names throughout our lifetime, the exact name determining the nature of our relationship with the person using it.

A lot of people in our Society don't use their full formal Birth Name unless it is for something officially formal. Likewise, most people will not use their Legal Name unless it is for something Legal. For everything else, we use a myriad of variations throughout our lives.

When you deal with children of separated or divorced parents, even changing the Last Name becomes something that happens often throughout one's childhood, especially as an adolescent when one is still trying to find themselves and their identity.

No foul in my book.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Read my post again please Frat. It was his last name that was changing between Indonesia and Hawaii. Barry vs. Barack I'll give you that.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There are three girls I know who have changed their names right before or right after High School. One changed her middle name to her last name. So, name changes happen.

The pictures of him from High School are cuuuuute. I remember seeing those around election time.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Oh I was talking about Obama: the early years. When he was younger, more like grade school.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

However, when he was in Indonesia he went by the name of Barry Soetoro and yet he apparently was never adopted... What gives?

Are you serious? Have you ever heard of kids whose father abandon them taking the name of their stepfather? Never? You been under a rock?

Source 1

Even children who have changed their surnames to their mother's, or a stepfather's find a completeness that was otherwise unknown.
All three of my children dropped their biological father's surname after years of not hearing from him, taking their stepfather's surname.

Source 2

There's also the issue of the difference between one's legal last name and what one uses all the time. When I was in school there were two families that had situations similar to this. In both cases, the children retained their original last names for legal purposes, but had always gone to school under their step-father's last name

Source 3

In some step-families, children took their stepfather's last name and called him "dad". Stepfathers operating from the reconstituted nuclear family model presented themselves to outsiders (e.g., schoolteachers, clergy and neighbors) as their stepchildren's fathers. These were unofficial adoptions - for all intents and purposes, these stepfamilies hid their status and presented themselves as first-marriage nuclear families.

It's a VERY common practice in divorced and remarried families.

By the way, why do you think Obama went by the name Soetoro? I'm not saying he didn't, but I don't remember seeing that.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I am growing very weary of all of this nonsense.

YOU are?

I just want him to present one grade report from his college years.

It's... none of your business.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mappam
Thanks for the links and pictures.

I googled and didn't find any - guess I used the wrong keywords or something.

Nah, they just don't want you to find any.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
And just what do we hope to find?
I'm curious as to what the point of researching Obamas yearbooks might be.
President of the Future Marxists of America?
Treasurer of the Boy Muslims? The America Haters and Audio-Visual Club?
Really, what do you imagine you can find thats any importance at all?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Where are the Hawaiians?

edit; sp.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I was just out in the yard picking up dog poop, when it occurred to me...

The guy has been flying under the radar for his entire life. Slick Barry.

So, just so I have this right, you suspect that a 6-year-old kid was involved in something nefarious and so needed an alias, so he cleverly took his stepfather's last name (the sly dog - who would have EVER thought of that???) because he had something to hide? Then, later, after his mother divorced this Soetoro dude, Barry cleverly changed his name AGAIN back to Obama to keep the heat off from the crimes he committed as a child in Indonesia? Have I got that right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join