It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver, CO DNC Office Vandalized By Democratic Campaign Worker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This looks to me like an attempt at a 'false flag' operation by the DNC to make themselves look like a victim of the Republicans.

Report: Vandalism suspect campaigned for candidate

DENVER — A suspect in a vandalism at the Colorado Democratic headquarters was once a paid campaign worker for a Democratic candidate for the Legislature, according to public records.

Maurice Schwenkler, 24, was arrested in Denver Tuesday on a charge of criminal mischief after windows were smashed at Democratic offices. Many of the windows displayed posters supporting health care reform, and party officials had called it political vandalism.

But the Denver Post reported Wednesday that Schwenkler was paid $500 in November 2008 to walk door to door in support of Democrat Mollie Cullom, a candidate for the state House from Centennial.

Republican David Balmer, who beat Cullom, said he suspects the vandalism might have been intended to make the Republican Party look bad.

"This sounds like the type of Democratic tactic from the left fringe trying to make Republicans look mean-spirited," Balmer said. "In this case, it blew up in their face."

Campaign records show Schwenkler was among dozens of canvassers paid by a political committee called the Colorado Citizens' Coalition.

The Democratic Party estimates the damage at $10,000. A second suspect was still at large.

Schwenkler was also arrested in St. Paul, Minn., on the last day of the 2008 Republican convention on a charge of unlawful assembly.

No details of that arrest or Schwenkler's activities at the time were immediately available.

There was no phone number listed for Schwenkler and it wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.

Denver Police said they don't know what motivated the suspects. The headquarters was unoccupied at the time and no injuries were reported.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this. The details are pretty damning. It will be interesting to hear what the democrats have to say.

The grown ups are acting like babies. And we are supposed to give them our vote of confidence?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
This looks to me like an attempt at a 'false flag' operation by the DNC to make themselves look like a victim of the Republicans.

OR a disgruntled campaign worker that is frustrated with the Democrats for failing to pass health care legislation despite the fact that they have the numbers to pass the legislation. That seems more plausible than a False Flag

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So he worked for DNC and also vandalized the DNC office.

Maybe something opened his eyes to the way our country is headed.

I do not condone his actions, but "Welcome to the other side"

The 2 party system and lobbyists SUCK!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

OR a disgruntled campaign worker that is frustrated with the Democrats for failing to pass health care legislation despite the fact that they have the numbers to pass the legislation. That seems more plausible than a False Flag

Just my 2-cents

Oh Jeeezzz Use Your eyes He's a 24 year old man. If You haven't heard most men don't go to the doctor and as a matter of fact most young men never go. It's all about being the strong alpha type and guess what the wimp that runs to the doctor because He has the flu is called a pussy.... More than likely He either woke up which is very unlikely or He was paid to do the crime.....

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ticked off ex-employee settling a score sounds a lot more likely to me than a "false flag"

But go ahead and believe whatever makes you happy, you will anyway

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Count me in as another who buys the idea of a disgruntled ex-employee over the idea of a botched frame-job/false flag.

If he had received say $5000 under the table to frame the party of the opponent, then that would have come to light either through a recent change in his spending habits or from the balance on his bank account.

Speculation over something for which there is no evidence is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Political campaigns come into contact with ALL kinds of people who want to volunteer or to get paid for field jobs. There are sometimes a few nuts in that box of chocolates.

I suspect this is another case of a campaign worker with some personal "issues". I am reminded of the case of the McCain-Palin volunteer who carved that "B" into her forehead, falsely claiming it was carved into her by a black man in the act of molesting her because she supported McCain.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Don't hold your breathe trying to get people to agree with you. There's alot of liberals on ats. They don't believe that the liberals would stage a false flag but when it comes to republicans they did 9/11

This is clearly the workings of the Democratic Party.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Alien Mind]

new topics

top topics

join