It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geithner: Auditing the Fed is a "line that we don't want to cross"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This was brought up a month or two ago when either Geithner or Bernanke said it, and it's been said again here:

When Geithner is again pressed on the issue, he makes the stunning assertion that conducting an audit of the Federal Reserve—something never before done in its 96 year history—is a "line that we don't want to cross," proclaiming that such a move would be "problematic for the country."

Why is this not a threat to the American people, and why is he not prosecuted for being a "domestic terrorist"?

Who is We that don't want to cross the line? It may crash the economy by auditing these thieves but it's necessary and those who actually know something about this crap want the fed audited, at the very least. Yes, it would be problematic for the country if that happens but the alternative is to let the foxes keep control of the henhouse. That has worked out swimmingly, as anyone with a brain should be able to see.

There are a set of men who go about making purchases upon credit, and buying estates they have not wherewithal to pay for; and having done this, their next step is to fill the newspapers with paragraphs of the scarcity of money and the necessity of a paper emission, then to have a legal tender under the pretense of supporting its credit, and when out, to depreciate it as fast as they can, get a deal of it for a little price, and cheat their creditors; and this is the concise history of paper money schemes. Thomas Paine : American revolutionary, political philosopher & writer Thomas Paine (1737 - 1809)

Opinion on paper money, as expressed in 1786 by THOMAS PAINE, the author of "Common Sense."

"The laws of a country ought to be the standard of equity and calculated to impress on the minds of the people the moral as well as the legal obligations of political justice. But tender laws, of any kind, operate to destroy morality, and to dissolve by the pretense of law what ought to be the principle of law to support, reciprocal justice between man and man; and the punishment of a member who should move for such a law ought to be DEATH."

Bolding is mine because it expresses the way I feel nowadays. The bankers should be held accountable for all the crap they have put us through, since even before the fed was created - reading The Creature From Jekyll Island has opened up my eyes big time to the crimes against humanity they have committed. It's sickening, all the wars, recessions, depressions, all their meddling.

Funny story. A day or so ago I happened to hear a few minutes of Limbaugh. He said something stupid and I was yelling and screaming at the radio - "It's the bankers, dummy!!!!". Guy makes serious bank and I know more about what's going on in this world. I can't even get a crappy job delivering pizzas and that idiot makes more money in a year than I will in my lifetime. I'm not even close to genius, or even smarter than anyone, really, yet I have more of a clue than that fool. Go figure.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Forgive me for being pissed at these "people". I use the term loosely because they sure don't act like people.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'd rather bust this thing wide open, end all of this secrecy from the Fed to the Bilderberg and all of these elite meetings. While exposing how our system and as a result the other central bank run economies and the IMF/World bank as all frauds would be chaotic, but we'd get through it. These bankers have caused too much suffering for their own benefit. Maybe I have too much faith in people, I think people would band together and deal with these jokers once they figure out how we've all been screwed for so many years by these people.

One way or another this country is changing. The Apollo Alliance through Obama want to make it a communist paradise with all the bills they're writing and then having rammed throught congress or the fed gets audited and our economic system gets exposed, I opt for the latter choice.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Well put sir. These bankers are responsible for the deaths of countless millions in thier backing of both sides in wars that they start for profit/control put peopl in debt. Since the Fed's creation in the US in 1913, look at all the suffereing, WW1, the great depression, WW2, korean war, Vietnam, Gulf War 1 (the sanctions placed on the Iraqi people), Afghanistan and now Iraq. It just seems like it's one conflict after another. You would think with all the money we spend on weapons and research into ways how to kill people we'd eventually wise up and figure out how to to help people. Oh, but that wouldn't be profitable. Silly me.

Enduring the chaos of our economy being exposed would be worth it by ridding ourselves of the Fed and the IMF/World bank and the United States can stop being used as an instrument of destruction in the world. I think the US economy is going to go under one way or another, let's do it the right way audit the fed, abolish it and NOT give them more power.

Here's a nice video:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
Not to be picky or anything but I alsways thought of Geitner as more of a sociopath not a psycopath.

They don't want us knowing what they are doing as it would be bad for them. It maybe bad for us in the short term but in the long term it could be much worse to continue sleeping.

Yes, you could be correct...the line between "sociopath" and "psychopath" can be a blurry one.

Whatever the case may be, these people are clearly motivated by something other than the best interests of the people they allegedly serve as public servants.

I think their brains are literally, organically different from ours. Or perhaps they are simply obsessed by love of money or power (forms of addiction) or haunted by ghosts from their past or childhood that push them to seek fame and fortune...perhaps we'll never know.

You know, there is a theory (not substantiated) that modern humans hunted and actually ate the neandertals into extinction. I sometimes wonder if sociopaths/psychopaths, etc. are a kind of "new species" that is splitting off from the rest of humanity and will eventually kill the rest of us. For now at least, they can still breed with us, so I guess they are technically human, but if they keep interbreeding amomg themselves and producing offspring with the same traits for long enough, who knows?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

23.7 trillion looted and counting.

The best part is they will not even tell us who got the money.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kords21
The only good thing about Bernacke being reappointed is that we can look forward to Dr. Paul grilling him in the house and with any luck Rand Paul and Peter Schiff in the senate. Bernacke probably checks his closet and under his bed for Ron Paul before he goes to sleep

Geithner must have some high up connections to have gotten to where he is today, can't even do his taxes right and when his house can't sell instead of lowering the price he raises it. With this man in charge of the treasury is it any wonder that the US Economy is getting worse and worse?

Geithenr's resume is one of those things that beg for a Conspiracy Theory to be invented to explain it.

From his father working in Indonesia with Obama's mother in banking, to his involvement with the Asian Currency crisis and on through today.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by VinceP1974]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

I CANNOT STAND LISTENING TO HUSSEIN'S VOICE.. It makes me ill.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Step One:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5ee20cee199.jpg[/atsimg]

Step Two:

Barney Frank calls a vote on 1207

Step Three:

Require Emergency Implementation of 1207

Step Four:

Repossess a gazillion dollars from the FED crooks.

[edit on 8·26·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
GREAT video. However, the more I watch these guys in full interviews, not just quotes, they seem like they are personally putting themselves on the line.

I saw Paulsen say that he'd be damned if he was the head of the fed that caused the second Great Depression.

I don't know what to believe anymore

Well Paulson was not head of the Federal Reserve.

He was the Secretary of the Treasury prior to Geithner.

Henry Paulson - from the Goldman Sachs buddy system

In theory if you were a criminal, and smart about it, you would say
or do whatever it took to remove guilt from your shoulders.

Paulson may just have missed his true calling as an actor.

We will likely never know.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join