It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy to make the world believe Barack Obama is Black.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by IDK88

LOL,let of take a stab at this. You read the trumpet every day and soak that crap like it's your bible. Sa become like zimbabwe is officially the most retarded thing I have heard. What do you know about this place? I'm guessing absolutely nothing except what you read in your news. We destroyed ourselves by giving the country back to who it belongs? So you are not happy us whites folded are you? Do you attend KKK meetings much redneck?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I would hope that not only in 50,000 years, but in 50 years, his race won't be a factor in how people remember him. Some claim that a large portion of Americans are blind to the continued existance of racism, but I think that it is more true to say that we are trying to recognize that it is there, but to drown out the people who want to keep it an issue. I'm not say ignore and pretend it doesn't exist while people are still being hung and persecuted just because of their race, but when every lead story focuses on the topic we are drug right back into the debate.

Someone in this thread, I didn't notice who, said something to the effect that during the election, no one paid attention to the issues or problems or anything except for the color of Obamas skin. While this is partially true, I don't think you can take this as being indicative of how things will continue to be. The first time something new happens, the "new" thing is briefly focused on and then moved on from. If Hillary Clinton won, everyone would just mention her doing the job as a woman. If a Jew one, that woudl be the overriding factor in the coverage. After something happens for the first time, it isn't a story anymore.

Another type of example are the Kennedy/Nixon debates in 1960. These were the first televised debates. Those who watched them on TV said Kennedy "won" the debates, and those who listened on the radio said Nixon "won" (I know the data is out there, but I don't feel like searching for it. Sorry). Again, it was because of it being a historic first. After that, I doubt anyone ever again even paid attention to any difference between the two formats.

So, really, I don't see this as a story. It is an unavoidable evil, but one that will pass. I really feel in 50 years, that the prevalent memory of Obama will not be "he was a black president," but that "he was a president."

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I enjoyed the avatar I had of my ancestor, but you guys think you know more than you do. I have to make clearer the purpose for me posting this thread.

Race is often used to bind men together in common cause. Barack Obama's race is being used to leverage opposition to his policies, without regard to the policy itself, but because it is Barack Obama's policy and they are using all kinds of ridiculous arguments to cover up what they are doing.

I've extensive experience with racists and consider myself to be an expert in how they operate and that is why I posted this thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RankRancid

I just don't take advice from people who destroy their own land based on race. That's all I know about South Africa; nothing else is important. I don't want to see America go the same direction; into Hell first and slowly back to the earth over many years.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

White!

Black!

I mean really? Of course it doesn't matter,but i think we should still call a spade a spade.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Reply to post by IDK88

No your not an expert you are the champion. Your bs about look at what your country did 20 years ago certainly shows you for what you are. So you know nothing and just don't like black and coloured people. Ok I think I understand now. Won't waste anymore of your time. Not someone I would care to communicate with anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Reply to post by IDK88

Don't worry america won't go the same route. You already killed all your natives no?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
...The concept of race and ethnicity is not attributable to the Y-Chromosome or Nuclear DNA, but to Mitochondrial DNA...

This is complete and utter hogwash.

There is no biological foundation for the concept of race.

Not in mtDNA, not anywhere.

Race is a SOCIOLOGICAL construct, invented for the sole purpose of justifying colonialism and the European claim to superiority over peoples "destined to disappear". Despite something like 200 years attempting to find biological verification for race, none has ever been found. The only possible conclusion is that it doesn't exist.

You must understand this, so it bears repeating => There is no race in Biology.

There is plenty of racism in the world, make no mistake about that, it just has nothing to do with biology.

The Biology of Race

Race (biology)

The Wikipedia article, Race (classification of human beings), is quite 'encyclopedic' on the subject.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I am a native...so I think there are plenty of us. See how much you don't know?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's funny that Obama distanced himself from the comments that NY Gov. Patterson made about the media being racist. As a politician you need to stand [or fall] on your performance in office. Patterson screwed up on dealing with the state senate back in July. I'd say trying to pull the race card smacks of being unprofessional in politics. Not every opponent is a racist. Not every instance of disagreement between a white and black is a case for racism, just look back to that Harvard prof. The police would have arrested anyone for doing what he did. It was a misdemeanor big deal. But we see what happened with that.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Perhaps all that is true...but what the hell does it have to do with opponents to Obama's policies using race as leverage to mobilize and recruit supporters?

Are you saying that this is not happening?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

I'm confused...are you saying that opponents to Obama's policies are not using race as leverage to recruit and mobilize supporters? Or are you on th opposite side of this argument?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by IDK88

Ok how many natives are alive? Why when you see news of south africa are the majority of people you see black? Why when I see news of america do I only see white people? Where are the natives that you speak of. Oh wait the still locked away in reserves. You don't even know what apartheid means do you. If you were a native I don't even think you would question that you're race is on the verge of extinction when compared to the white man on their continent? Or am i missing something. Yes it's a conspiracy there are millions of native 'indians'

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa

...The concept of race and ethnicity is not attributable to the Y-Chromosome or Nuclear DNA, but to Mitochondrial DNA...

This is complete and utter hogwash.

There is no biological foundation for the concept of race.

OH NO!

Are you trying to say the OP is dealing in discredited race science like the Nazi's did?

/Godwin

Taking it a little more seriously, can anyone establish any of the real details of this 'plot'?

I can certainly see that Obama has been described as black. He looks pretty black to me, but perhaps mixed race would be a better term... but then almost everyone is probably mixed race depending on how far up the family tree you want to set a limit.

I can certainly see that some people have been race trading/baiting and playing the race card.

But the idea of a deliberate plot/conspiracy, I don't see that as established yet.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuthbert
Someone in this thread, I didn't notice who, said something to the effect that during the election, no one paid attention to the issues or problems or anything except for the color of Obamas skin. While this is partially true, I don't think you can take this as being indicative of how things will continue to be. The first time something new happens, the "new" thing is briefly focused on and then moved on from. If Hillary Clinton won, everyone would just mention her doing the job as a woman. If a Jew one, that woudl be the overriding factor in the coverage. After something happens for the first time, it isn't a story anymore.

The only thing (of substance) that I can remember from the 1960 election (I was in 3rd grade I think), was that Kennedy was attacked because he would be the first Roman Catholic president and the Pope would really be in charge.

Catholicism hasn't been an issue since, as far as I can tell. Shoot, I don't even remember Lieberman being attacked because he was Jewish (but I could have missed it - a quick Google before I hit reply shows that it was indeed discussed). In fact, Carter was dissed because he didn't pick a Catholic running mate (he went with Methodist Mondale, instead of Catholic Muskie).

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I could care less what race someone wants to put him under. Any debate about it is IMO by default stupid, meaningless and just a distraction on what is important. If such a thing factors into your thought process at all, you should ask for a stimulus package on clues.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

It's the "One Drop Theory". It's more sociology than biology.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

No actually it's pathetic to hide behind the shield of racism. I disagree with the policies but not the man being Half white and half black. Do we need to specify which half we disagree with. Blacks in America think they are entitled to things just because of skin color. Wait did we send them poisoned blankets or put them in reservations? NO, many people got trampled in the past American blacks just complain the loudest.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I suppose if you want to see someone living in a teepee or some other stereotype, there aren't many natives. But if you knew anything about America at all, you know that many of the people you call White or Black or Hispanic are Natives. I suppose that's why many of our sports teams and cities and states have native names and not names from some other place...like Chicago, Illinois or Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

No, I am not Sitting Bull or Crazy Horse in appearance, but there hundreds of million's of natives. I guess when a person doesn't know anything about themselves; they'll adopt any number of different things to be known by.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by rnaa

I'm confused...are you saying that opponents to Obama's policies are not using race as leverage to recruit and mobilize supporters? Or are you on th opposite side of this argument?

My post had nothing to do with either side of your argument. However, it is obvious that racism is dripping from the mouths of of many of these people (or rather, spitting, since they seem to be shouting about it so much).

In my post, I am objecting to your assertion that 'race' is 'transmitted' through maternal lines via mtDNA. You are claiming a biological foundation for race when there is none.

Race in biology was a sociological construct to validate racism; racism is not a response to a biology of race.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join