It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy to make the world believe Barack Obama is Black.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Wasn't really an assertion, it was more of a fact that Barack Obama is what his mother is and if his racial identity must be determined, DNA analysis would place him in the group of people like his mother.

Because of how much fun Americans consider racial politics to be, I feel that calling Barack Obama black, knowing the above to be true, is an obvious attempt to manipulate the emotions of people with regards to his blackness, for or against, and it denies the man his full identity.

Yes, it is used both ways; however, just before posting this thread I saw a thread entitled: Black President: does this mean that Blacks will rule? The first in my examples of an attempt to manipulate peoples emotions concerning his "race" and whether this means that black people as a whole would attempt to overthrow the known order and rule over America against the will of non-blacks.

Because it is done with regularity, I called it a conspiracy. Perhaps started by the gun manufacturers to increase further what is already a growing business during a recession.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RankRancid
Reply to post by IDK88

Ok how many natives are alive? Why when you see news of south africa are the majority of people you see black? Why when I see news of america do I only see white people? Where are the natives that you speak of. Oh wait the still locked away in reserves. You don't even know what apartheid means do you. If you were a native I don't even think you would question that you're race is on the verge of extinction when compared to the white man on their continent? Or am i missing something. Yes it's a conspiracy there are millions of native 'indians'

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

There are over 1 Billion native Indians alive.

However, I assume you really mean Native Americans in the USA, and the 2000 USA census shows about 2.5 million self identified Native Americans. Somewhere around a million of them live on reservations as far as I can tell.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Bad conspiracy.

Why?

We all know black and white are not told by heritage, but by skin color.

He is black.

I am Irisih-American, but people just call me white.

He is associated with blacks, just as us whites are associated with whites. Doesn't matter if we are German, Irish, or Polish. We are white, so that is how we see it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
reply to post by rnaa

Wasn't really an assertion, it was more of a fact that Barack Obama is what his mother is and if his racial identity must be determined, DNA analysis would place him in the group of people like his mother.

I understand where you are coming from, and I don't really want to take your thread off topic. Your point is that Obama had a black father and a white mother so emphasizing his black heritage is disrespecting his mother and dismissing the contribution his white half of the family had on him. (Of course this argument dismisses the fact that he self-identifies as black).

I am just saying that since there is no biology in racism, asserting that the mothers DNA trumps the fathers DNA when determining race is the wrong approach. After all, he got his Y-chromosome from his father, so there is just as much argument for patriarchal descent, at least for males.

Your point is one made for 200 years, and the logic is as undeniable now as it was then. One drop of black blood makes you black, but one drop of white blood doesn't make you white. It is as stupid now as it was 200 years ago. It is an argument that still tries to make biology the lap dog of racism.

Racists are racists because they are ignorant, not because biology says so.

Like I say, this is a bit of a diversion to the topic at hand but I just feel I had to stick up for science a little bit. It gets vilified too much on ATS. I'll shut up and go away now so you can get back on topic.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Are these men black?

Afonso

Sancho

These men are the founders and fathers of Portugal, so Portuguese are Black?

Charles the Bald

Above is Charlemagne's grandson. Charlemagne is the Father of Europe. Thus all Europeans who claim descent from Charlemagne, which is many, are black?

So, according to the ONE DROP rule most Europeans are black in reality?

[edit on 25-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

It does diminish him, yes. But what it's being used for is to make him easier to attack and as a rallying call for people who may believe that this is their country...it is not and never has been.

This is the reason for the thread...to realize you are being manipulated to attack yourself. It's a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

You know for a president that was going to bring unity he sure is causing divisions. If hes attacked for his policies its not because there bad ideas its because that person is a racist. If people get upset with him he all ways pushes it off to a group. Example these people at the town hall meetings are paid by the republicans. he makes statements on police officers assuming they were racist. he makes comments like where he referred to his grandmother as a "typical white person" his book From Dreams of My Father:

'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

Hes the one that has the problem being black he was raised by his white grandmother went to the best schools.Never had to worry about money didn't have to worry about racism.And funny thing is its not Americans that are being racist id argue he has been encouraging race because he doesn't feel like hes black enough.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

But what is really odd is that has little to nothing to do with the idea that opponents to his policies are using race as leverage to recruit and mobilize supporters.

My theory is that most Americans don't care about the nationalization issues, but they do care with the idea of Barack Obama. That concern is being spun into support for political agendas in Washington.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is a ludicrous topic in every sense of the word.

The man is black. His skin is black, he has features of a black man, he considers himself black. And none of that should matter at all. Imo, those who DO make a point to make posts like these, blogs like these, points like these... these are your real racists.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
Are these men black?

Afonso

Sancho

These men are the founders and fathers of Portugal, so Portuguese are Black?

No. They are just tan Iberian men. The Iberian people borrow some ancestry from early settlers in Morocco, that is why they sometimes have darker skin. They have been settled in that area since the neolithic age.

However, we are all mixed, so yes by the (extremely crude) 'one drop rule', we are all black because we are all descended from African ancestors.

Barack Obama is black because his father is African. Trying to say he's white because his mother is white is ridiculous.

My mother is English/Scottish. My father is Russian/Polish. When someone asks me what my ethnicity is I say I'm an English/Scottish/Russian/Pole, not simply British. You get the picture.

As another poster stated, there is no such thing as separate races among human beings. There is simply a general perception of 'race' based on a person's known ethnicity and outward appearance. mtDNA makes absolutely no difference whatsoever in that regard. Barack Obama looks black, has known black ancestry, and is thus considered black.

People guess that I'm Swedish or Norwegian all the time because I'm tall, fair and blond. The same reason people assume some middle easterners are black because they are dark, or Italians are Greek because they look alike, or Korean are Vietnamese, Chinese are Japanese, etc. It all comes down to perception, as there is no such thing as race.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by IDK88

After 8 years of the dumbest SOB to ever hold the office, why is it that the right is hell bent on demonizing this man??? Gimme a damn break!

We went from the dumbest SOB to the biggest liar, and the most sadistic.

cool. Give me dumb any day.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This whole discussion is just ludicrous! The man got elected in spite of his race, not because of it. Had the man had a white daddy and a nice Christian name with the same background and education, he would have won by a landslide! But I guess it's too much to ask that people debate the actual issues facing us with real facts in this reality show, sound bite, under educated world in which we now live in.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RankRancid
Reply to post by IDK88

Here in South Africa we have blacks,whites and coloured.

Thats the first time I have heard "colored" in a while. My mom was mixed race born in 1929 in TN, her dad was mixed bl/wh her mom Shawnee/wh so my mom was colored. Nobody mentioned color in our house and I never thought about it. So when I got to first grade in 1969, I heard the n word for the first time, I thought it meant you couldn't drive. My mom never learned to drive that is only thing I thought was different between her and other kids moms. A second grade teacher was black so one day she told me that n word was something people called colored people to hurt their feelings. My first thought was my mom's colored? the second was how stupid it was to judge someone on looks. I look like my Viking dad blond hair and blue eyes, all my life it was is that your real mom? One person even called her my mammy. I guess Obama has lived with that his life, I lived in TN so it was probably worse here than in more advanced areas. I guess my point is who cares, let the man do his job.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Care to back that up with facts and not opinion? How is he a liar anymore than every other politician. And I fail to see the sadistic side?!?!? You all want to see him fail, which means you want America to fail. I don't care what party you belong to, that's just unpatriotic and unamerican. Hell, it borders on treason!

Edit to add: I'll bet the families of the 4,334 dead service members in Iraq wish that the dumb SOB with daddy issues had not lead us into a senseless war.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I started a thread about how Patterson tried to play the race card and played it badly, not one response, not one!

I think it is a good thing that people are judged based upon what they do as opposed to who they are or where they come from. Too bad that people use race as an excuse to rip someone apart, or worse as blank check for bad and ineffective behavior.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

So you agree they are not black despite the overwhelming physical evidence that suggests otherwise. And you agree that one drop does not make one Black. What if I show you this image...

Teresa...Afonso I Mother

The image of the woman above Afonso's mother...in this country she'd be called a Melungeon or Creole..Like Abraham Lincoln's mother. So how can Afonso, who has a Creole mother not be black, while Obama who has an Irish mother be black?

Is this idea based on the Father, then look at this...

Henry, Count of Portugal

So, blackness is truely a phenotypical description and not real.

But...I still haven't figured out why is Obama's race being used to mobilize and recruit opposition? And why have people accepted and internalized such a clear falsehood?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

To some extent i agree with you people will make decisions based off race.But this is going to ba a small minority the biggest problem is i think hes fighting windmills.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Do you know how to determine who is Jewish? If your MOTHER is Jewish, you are Jewish.

Do you know how ranchers determine which calfs belong to whom? The calfs follow the mother.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
"Barack Obama is black because his father is African. Trying to say he's white because his mother is white is ridiculous." by drwizardphd

Can anyone else here see how stupid this statement is????

The man is half black and half white, what is the big freaking deal here with so many of you? It is past understanding that someone can totally disregard the parentage of this man or any mixed race person.

We all bleed red, last time I checked. We all love our children and want them to have a better life than we did. There are good and bad on all sides of every race, Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, Arabic, Jewish and the list goes on and on and on.

Those who use race as an excuse to vilify a person or to give them a pass are purely ignorant and when people like that die off this will be a better planet for it. Sadly, this sort of ignorance just seems to pass from generation to generation. We are making progress but this thread and the entire discussions shows how far we have to go.

Maybe when ET lands humanity is all that will matter.

[edit on 8/25/2009 by redhead57]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

So what you are saying is that people should be able to place a label on someone, get that person to accept that label and then use that label to drive recruitment efforts in order to attack that person in the guise of some unimportant issue?

That's what is being done. and Peace mongers hop up with their own I have a dream speech when someone draws attention to what is clearly being done.

How can someone claim to judge Obama by the issues when they don't even know the issues? Articles in play this week...How did all the myths enter the Healthcare debate? Who created the Death Panel myth?

So...many claim to be opposed to Obama's policies, but this is bunk becaue outside of reading the actual legislation that's circulating in the houses of Congress you couldn't possibly know what the policy is, but only what you are told and/or read in article discussing the topic.

So what is the real reason for the unprecendented public engagement with Health Care reform? An issue that is at the bottom of every list of important things to do. The lie is what brings people out and among those lies is the Obama being black lie. and the rest is on auto-pilot.

And for me bringing this up in a conspiracy forum is inappropriate...fine just go back to your aliens thread.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join