It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Story ***256 Year-Old Man***

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Theres a genetic condition that prevents an individual from aging as a child.

I this documentary that I saw, a baby girl was still a baby girl after 13 years.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
"If, through the numerous experiences you have in your life, you ensure your Astral body benefits in a spiritual sense, it will acquire more and more spiritual understanding. One body in time, which can vary from 500 hundred to even 15 000 thousand of your Earth years, your Higher Self will have nothing more to filter.

This part of you, could be become so spiritually advanced, it would arrive at the next stage where it would have to contend directly with the more superior Higher Self." 7 Masters from the Planet Thiaoouba from Michel Desmarquets book Abduction to the 9th Planet

People in the bible lived 900 years correct?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I've heard this story before, though it is good, I have my doubts. The Chinese have been known to exaggerate their stories quite a bit, maybe not on purpose, but still. Even if this were true, I don't see how and why anyone would want to live that long. It's bad enough witnessing your generation die before your eyes, but also outliving the next one. Seeing your kids, grandchildren and even great grandchildren live full lives and die. Very boring I would think. If I die before the age of 75 then it's all good. That's still a full life. People who wish for immortality are obviously afraid of death. I never understood why, it is the natural cycle of life. You are born and you die, nothing can change that.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

I just recently saw that on MSN. It was a dateline NBC video posted on there. She was 16 and still had a body and mind of a 18 month old baby girl.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Thiaoouba Prophecy]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm sure that if he lived till 1933, the mass media would have spread his story.

Only record is from a Chinese Imperial birthday card.

First of all, all records from Wikipedia had hardly any references to its claims:

""A Factual Account of the 250 Year-Old Good-Luck Man", where he described Li Ching Yuen's appearance: "He has good eyesight and a brisk stride; Li stands seven feet tall, has very long fingernails, and a ruddy complexion.""

I don't think the Chinese ever used FEET in their measurements. People were also very short back then.

As Chinese as I am, even my grampa who's one of China's greatest herbalist, acupunturist, and shock therapist would say that this is BS.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Darth....
So, you come into this world with a specific amount of time to live?
I don't think so.
You come into this life with a clean slate and there are MANY beliefs purged upon it such as, "Well, you aren't supposed to outlive your children, that would be wrong"......wow...
So a great grandmother walks around saying, "I have crooked knees just like my great grandmother had and her mother before her, and her mother before her"...
And she passes that down to her children and they pass it down, etc, etc, ,etc...
What do you think shows up in this "NOW" that you call YOUR life?

You seem intelligent and you might enjoy looking into Gregg Bradens, "Speaking the Lost Language of God", series... it is quite enlightening as to what your real origins might be...

But then again, maybe you don't want to look into it.....Either way, you can't be wrong.....

The past is what it is....some very manipulated into what we call "normal" life today....Tough to imagine life not being "normal" without....electricity, trash pick up, atm's and fast food.....But it was only a hundred years ago these things didn't exist.... Women washed their hair once a month back then....wow!

Slow down...take a breath and just relax for a moment and realize that the many civilizations that came before us were not all idiots....
I have a tough time saying that about our society today that will kill innocent men, women and children because they don't believe in "democracy"....

Think about it....What if this story is true....I would LOVE to live a thousand years in a "perfect world"....whatever THAT is.....

What makes you think everyone is afraid of death? Seems to me that those that are the most afraid of it are the ones that are doing their utmost to prolong it!!!

Peace and prosperity to you.....

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina

I've heard this story before, though it is good, I have my doubts. The Chinese have been known to exaggerate their stories quite a bit, maybe not on purpose, but still.

You're right to be skeptical. Chinese are far more willing to believe and thus propagate what we would consider - far fetched. This story in all probability is one such example.

Talk to your average Chinese person and you'll soon pick up on an underlying belief in superstition and mythical feats. For example, there's the widely-accepted story of high-level Tibetan monks surviving a whole year without food, by drawing on their spiritual purity and willpower! There are many other such examples.

I'm not poo-ha-ing them, as I find such beliefs just one of the many enchanting parts of the country's social and cultural fabric. It's part of what keeps me here.

Nevertheless, to a Western-educated academic, such stories are treated with both polite interest and skeptical reserve.

Just to add, if I remember correctly from my undergrad days, the human brain does have a life-span exceeding the rest of the body. However, it progressively shrinks as we get older, so by the age of say 160 years or so, we would be walking around with quite literally a pea brain.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
We don't age as much as we should (or possibly did in the past) because we don't have the right atmosphere anymore. We're missing oxygen, the right mix.

All animals are smaller now, so are plants.

The key is oxygen, and there is less of it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You can't live 256 years. It's BS.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
his philosophy however is a good one to follow

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Actually, in many eastern cultures death is a celebration, not a stage of mourning, because they are raised to believe directly that this is world is nothing more than a stepping stone so to say.

=\

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well, what would it be if nothing more than simply a "stepping stone"?

Nothing in this world is forever, in it's natural life. So too will Sol eventually perish and cease to give light to the Milky Way. Yet, life will go on elsewhere.

Existence is more than just a "big bang" and "would you look at that". Don't imprison yourself into this mindset, you are more.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Original Bible accounts of long age were mostly pre-flood. Abraham, however, lived to 175. He had his first kid around 100.

Some believe that the pre-flood world was conducive to long life. Others suggest that the narrowing of the gene pool with only 8 people on Noah's ark created shorter lives. God said He shortened lives to 120 due to corruption in human nature.

That being said, someone might want to dig up some DNA on this fellow. Perhaps his T cells were better, or he had a mutation that allowed longer life in this new post-flood environment.

Inquiring mind wants to know.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I only wish I could of been raised to believe more Buddhist in the area of passing on, because I lost the one person that meant most to me and it's still hard, but I know this is only a stepping stone.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
We don't age as much as we should (or possibly did in the past) because we don't have the right atmosphere anymore. We're missing oxygen, the right mix.

All animals are smaller now, so are plants.

The key is oxygen, and there is less of it.

Oxygen is also considered a very destructive element. Consider rust. Oxidation. You want to take anti-oxidants to prevent aging.

Is more oxygen a better deal? Plants would not have grown large due to more oxygen, but due to more carbon dioxide and lightning (makes fertilizer - NO2).

Probable solution to earlier longer living could have been a smaller Earth. See the thread on the expansion of the surface of the Earth here on ATS: www.abovetopsecret.com... Lower gravity, faster spin, who knows. Maybe the days were much shorter due to faster spin, and a thousand years at a ten times faster spin rate might have been like 100 years. Makes sense the Earth would spin slower as it increases width. Just a theory. There are some evidences that the speed of light was much faster back then, too....like 100 times faster or more. Things have not always gone along like they are now. That theory of uniformitarianism en.wikipedia.org...(science) is, IMO, obsolete and we need to see the world in a new and more informed light.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Heres the article from TIME magazine:

In the province of Szechwan in China lived until last week Li Ching-yun. In China where Age means something he was a great man. By his own story he was born in 1736, had lived 197 years. By the time he was ten years old he had traveled in Kansu, Shansi, Tibet, Annam, Siam and Manchuria gathering herbs. He continued to gather herbs for the rest of his first 100 years. He lived on herbs and plenty of rice wine. When asked for his secret of long life. Li Ching-yun gave it readily: "Keep a quiet heart, sit like a tortoise, walk sprightly like a pigeon and sleep like a dog." The "Scholar War Lord" Wu Pei-fu. not satisfied with this formula, took Li into his home and was lectured on "how to get the most out of each century" by maintaining "inward calm." Some said he had buried 23 wives, was living with his 24th. a woman of 60, had descendants of eleven generations. The fingernails of his venerable right hand were six inches long. Yet to skeptical Western eyes he looked much like any Chinese 60-year-old. In 1930 Professor Wu Chung-chieh, dean of the department of education at Chengtu University, found records that the Imperial Chinese Government had congratulated one Li Ching-yun in 1827 on his birthday. The birthday was his 150th, making the man who died last week—if it was the same Li Ching-yun, and respectful Chinese preferred to think so—a 256-year-old.
Tortoise-Pigeon-Dog

The new work times article:

LI CHING-YUN DEAD; GAYEHISAGEAS197; ' Keep Quiet Heart, Sit Like a Tortoise, Sleep Like a Dog,' His Advice for Long Life. INQUIRY PUT AGE AT 256 I Reported to Have Buried 23 Wives and Had 180 DescendantsuSold Herbs for First 100 Years.

NY Times

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Remember that the chinese year is shorter then then the regular year. So he would not of been actually 250 some odd years.

180 decendents. Can you imagine the fight over that will?

[edit on 25-8-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackShark

Time makes all things possible

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackShark

Hey, you never know.

What I do know, however.. is that if you grabbed a shovel and started digging somewhere, you could probably uncover some 256 year-old BS.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don't believe it either.

BUT there is a very very slight chance. Asians genetically live longer. The monks can raise and lower their heartbeats and not eat for a month in meditation. He may have had the knack to slow down time in his body.

I wonder if he actually remembered his wifes anniversary?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join