It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by nixie_nox
Remember that the chinese year is shorter then then the regular year. So he would not of been actually 250 some odd years.
256 is a composite number, with the factorization 256 = 28, which makes it a power of two.
* 256 is 4 raised to the fourth power. 256= 4x4x4x4
Because 256 is the number of items counting from zero to the highest 8-bit binary number (255) it often appears in computer applications (8-bit systems being extremely common) such as:
* The number of different values in one byte, which makes it the typical number of different values in each color channel of a digital color image (see color space encoding).
* The number of columns in a standard Microsoft Excel worksheet.
* The Split-Screen Level in Pacman
* It is the largest 3-digit number that is an 8th power. 2 to the 8th power.
Two hundred fifty-six is also:
* The number of characters in the new Braille 8-dot system.
* The number of counties in Texas.
* The number of characters in Mikhail Bulgakov's novel The Master and Margarita.
* An area code in Alabama.
* The number of regular season football games in the NFL and the number of picks in the NFL Draft.
* The frequency of Middle C in hertz under philosophical pitch.
* The number of the Amarna letter (EA256), which, according to David Rohl, was written by Ishbosheth and contains mentions of King David, Jesse, and Joab.
* The number of captured Viet Cong in a song "Three-Five-Zero-Zero" of Hair.
* The number of soldiers in the most basic unit of the Macedonian army.
Sixty-four is the square of 8, the cube of 4, and the sixth power of 2. It is the smallest number with exactly seven divisors. It is the lowest positive power of two that is adjacent to neither a Mersenne prime nor a Fermat prime. 64 is the sum of Euler's totient function for the first fourteen integers. It is also a dodecagonal number and a centered triangular number.
Since it is possible to find sequences of 64 consecutive integers such that each inner member shares a factor with either the first or the last member, 64 is an Erdős–Woods number.
In base 10, no integer added up to its own digits yields 64, hence it is a self number.
64 is a superperfect number - a number such that σ(σ(n))=2n.
 In science
* The atomic number of gadolinium, a lanthanide
* Messier object M64, a magnitude 9.0 galaxy in the constellation Coma Berenices, also known as the Black Eye Galaxy.
* The New General Catalogue object NGC 64, a barred spiral galaxy in the constellation Cetus
* The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -832 April 11 and ended on 430 May 8. The duration of Saros series 64 was 1262.1 years, and it contained 71 solar eclipses.
* The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -801 August 9 and ended on 714 February 4. The duration of Saros series 64 was 1514.5 years, and it contained 85 lunar eclipses.
 In other fields
* In some computer programming languages, the size in bits of certain data types
* In chess or draughts, the total number of black (dark) and white (light) squares on the game board
* 64 is the name of the premier Russian chess magazine
* The code for international direct dial calls to New Zealand
* The designation of US Interstate 64, a freeway from Missouri to Virginia
* The designation of U.S. Route 64, a highway from Arizona to North Carolina
* The subject of the Beatles song "When I'm Sixty-Four"
* The registry of the U.S. Navy's aircraft carrier USS Constellation (CV-64)
* The number of Braille characters in the old 6-dot system
* In 8-bit home computers, a common shorthand for the Commodore 64
* In video games, the Nintendo 64 video game console and (historically) the Commodore 64. Since 1996, the number 64 has been an abbreviation or slang for Nintendo 64 (though N64 is more common)
* The maximum number of strokes in any Chinese character
* Number of hexagrams in the I Ching
* Number of sexual positions in the Kama Sutra
* Number of demons in the Dictionnaire Infernal
* Slang term referring to a 1964 Chevrolet Impala, often configured as a lowrider, a popular subject among early-90's gangsta rap and today very popular in Dirty South H-Town rap, eg. by rappers such as Paul Wall, Mike Jones, etc.
* The number of classical arts listed in many Indian scriptures. They include: singing, dancing, painting, poetry, playing cards, making arguments, making flower garlands, etc.
* The number of the French department Pyrénées-Atlantiques
* The amount of crayons in the popular Crayola 64 pack
* Base 64 is used for example with Base64 encoding.
* 64 (dog) is a character in the Donald Duck comics universe
Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by phi1618
I personaly want to live forever.
If i gained immortality i wouldnt tell anyone. Id just live in obscurity giving help to all those that deserve it. Being empathic makes an eternity of giving and helping VERY VERY attractive.
Originally posted by phi1618
hehe living to be 200 in this age of hustle and bustle doesnt sound so appealing