It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Story ***256 Year-Old Man***

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Li Ching-Yun
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc65191ea5d2.jpg[/atsimg]

According to the 1933 obituaries in both Time Magazine and the New York Times, Li Ching-Yun was reported to have buried 23 wives and fostered 180 descendants by the time he died at the age of 256.

The Secrets to an Interminable Life : “Keep a quiet heart, sit like a tortoise, walk sprightly like a pigeon and sleep like a dog.” These were the words of advice Li gave to Wu Pei-fu, the warlord, who took Li into his house to learn the secret of extremely long life. Li maintained that inward calm and peace of mind were the secrets to incredible longevity. His diet after all, was mainly based on rice and wine.

From 0 to 256 Unsurprisingly, not much is known about Li Ching-Yun’s early life. We know he was born in the province of Szechwan in China, where he also died. We also know that by his tenth birthday, Ching-Yun was literate and had travelled to Kansu, Shansi, Tibet, Annam, Siam and Manchuria gathering herbs. After that, it gets a bit fuzzy… Apparently, for over one hundred years, Li continued selling his own herbs and then subsequently sold herbs collected by others. He also (according to Time) had six-inch long fingernails on his right hand. You might be thinking that he looked decrepit, shrivelled, leather-like and creepy, however sources at the time were astonished at his youthfulness. Was this suspect? Was Li Ching-Yun as old as he claimed he was, or was his birthday a clerical error or exaggeration? Let’s take a brief look at both sides

The Nine Lives of Li Ching-Yun : By his own admission he was born in 1736 and had lived 197 years. However, in 1930 a professor and dean at Minkuo University by the name of Wu Chung-chien, found records “proving” that Li was born in 1677. Records allegedly showed that the Imperial Chinese Government congratulated him on his 150th and 200th Birthdays. So the question is, had he forgotten his own birthday? Was this even the same Li Ching-Yun? Looking at all of this from a medical and documented perspective: Jeanne Louise Calment, a French woman who died in 1997 so far holds the title for the person who has roamed the earth the longest: 122 years, which is a phenomenal length of time. That means, that if the records discovered by Wu Chung-chien were accurate, Li Ching-Yun’s age would surpass the official record by more than 130 years. Is this even medically possible? The detail, which seems to prove both arguments and debunk them at the same time, is Li’s youthful appearance, noted in a 1928 article from the New York Times. Visually and physically, he appeared to look like a typical 60 year-old. Does this therefore signify a superhuman body capable of lasting one quarter of a millennium, or is the story of Li Ching-Yun based on a series of half-truths, lies or exaggerations? Unfortunately, we may never know. You may draw your own logical conclusions.

Source

[edit on 24-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Very interesting story, personally i like his philosophy on life and how to live it.

THe bible and alot of ancient texts speak of people who where impossibly old by today standards, perhaps we lost something?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
here is the wiki link for anyone who is intrested in this, pretty interesting read

Li Ching-Yuen was supposedly born in 1677 in Qi Jiang Xian, Szechuan province and is alleged to have spent most of his life in the hills gathering herbs and knowledge of longevity methods. In 1749, when he was 71 years old, he moved to Kai Xian to join the Chinese army as a teacher of the martial arts and as a tactical advisor. In 1927, Li Ching Yuen was invited by General Yang Sen to visit him in Wan Xian, Szechuan. The general was fascinated by his youthfulness, strength and prowess in spite of his advanced age. His famous portrait was photographed there. Returning home, he died a year later, some say of natural causes; others claim that he told friends that "I have done all I have to do in this world. I will now go home." After Li's death, General Yang Sen investigated the truth about his claimed background and age. He wrote a report that was later published. In 1933, people interviewed from his home province remembered seeing him when they were children, and that he hadn't aged much during their lifetime. Others reported that he had been friends with their grandfathers.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by phi1618]

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Good for him. I always said that I am going to live to be 200. Just to prove it can be done. I am of the opinion that we live as long as we believe we should live.

“From the days of the Greeks and the very first Olympics, it was debated whether a human being could run a sub-four minute mile. The medical community, the scientific community said that it was not possible. They said if a person ran a mile that fast, their heart would explode. So if you are an athlete out there in training and the medical community says if you break that barrier, your heart is going to explode, do you think that belief might affect your training?
For thousands of years it was a widely held belief that a sub-four minute mile was not only impossible, it was dangerous. Until a medical student named Roger Bannister came along in the 1950's. In England he was studying anatomy and physiology as part of his medical studies and in the process looked at the medical evidence that against a sub-four minute mile.

Roger Bannister looked at the evidence and the evidence told him that not only would the heart not explode, but the body of a human being was more then capable of achieving that mark. He convinced himself from the evidence. He changed his belief from that of the held belief and then he actually went out and boldly told the world, "I am going to break the four minute barrier."
Most everyone knows that in 1956, he went out and ran a mile in three minutes and 59.4 seconds and broke the record. Now here's what a lot of people do not know. Within two weeks, another person broke the sub-four minute barrier. In the same year that he did, nine other people ran a mile under four minutes. In thousands of years of recorded history, no one had been able to run a four minute mile, and in one year, nine people did. What changed? The human body or the human belief?”

P.S. Given the climate of the world these days I no longer want to live to be 200. I am ready to get the hell outta here.lol.

Peace.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Jesus H Christ]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
hehe living to be 200 in this age of hustle and bustle doesnt sound so appealing

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I personaly want to live forever.

If i gained immortality i wouldnt tell anyone. Id just live in obscurity giving help to all those that deserve it. Being empathic makes an eternity of giving and helping VERY VERY attractive.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

i suppose that is assuming that you would be able to live in obscurity, and what help you would give would be for the best

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I would like to see a little more evidence before im totally convinced, but a great story non the less. I think the pressures that modern life has on our bodies is intense if there was a way to block this 'stress' and keep healthy I cant see why we cant live that little bit longer!

Imagine the changes, hopefully there would be some, that you would witness living over 200 years.

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The health benfits from how he lived cant be denied , I'm not sure of the age though...........
We could look at his bones to determine truth to the story, but thats just me being blunt and loooking at evidence.

If he practiced energy flows (like Qi Kung) along with preserving well his physical matter I do believe a long life can be achieved.

Stress is the number one ager of our cells, so Im moving to this Schezuan province, and living in a shack ( or health spa, which is of course preerable)

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
they must have eaten animals that lived long and it give them super healthy nutrition or slow aging

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Think it must have something to do with the herbs! He started collecting at 10 and did it for at least a hundred years... ya obvious connection. Also consider the worlds oldest cat:

Until he passed away at the ripe old age of 31 in July 2001, the world’s oldest catwas chasing spiders without the equivalent of a feline walking cane. Spike, a British ginger and white tom, had been certified as the world’s oldest living cat by the Guinness Book of Records in 1999, when the sprightly kitty was just 29.

Measured in human years, Spike was an amazing 140 years old, though many veterinarians dispute the validity of such human/cat comparisons. (Perhaps it’s just jealousy; Spike retained all his original teeth and hair!) Either way, Spike beat the odds – domestic longhairs have a life span of about 15 years. His owner, Mo Elkington, an aromatherapist from Dorset, England, purchased Spike in 1970. She fed him a steady diet of fish and cat food, with a little aloe vera mixed in to protect him against arthritis and rheumatism.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
We would need to have some testing done such as a Genome study on this guy. I personally don't belive stories like these when it comes from someplace like China. But no matter where, we still need more than that anyway. Especially here at ATS
This reminds me of the stories from the Catholic Church of nuns who die and don't decay.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is complete BS. Nothing more than an urban legend. It's akin to the Hunza living exceedingly long lives which is untrue if you do the research. The are TONS Of myths and misinformation surrounding the Hunza. If people were able to live to be 256 years old there would be more than one. Think about it. Sheesh!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This guy is still around. He is a vampire you know. The secret to his long life is actually an ancient curse. Do not be fooled, he is alive and well. Do not delve too deeply into this story, I may have put myself in danger already. He knows we are talking about him and he is waiting. He is waiting to see who really wants to know his ancient secret. Think before you reply now, he's watching.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Ok now that's the most ominous post on the thread!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's an interesting story but I don't know if it would be possible to prove this. We aren't even convinced about Obama's birth certificate (not trying to derail the thread; just trying to make a point).

Personally, I think the people in the bible who lived for hundreds of years were, if true, not born on Earth. And their ages were converted to what they would be if they were from Earth.

So if this story is true, I'd have to group him with the people who either were not born on Earth or were genetically altered by off-worlders.

Here is why I say that.

I sell health insurance. (I used to work at a bank. Surprised that job went away?)

If everyone in America is going to be required by law to have health insurance, I want a piece of that action.

But here is the thing; if you live to be 80 years old, you chances of getting cancer before you turned 80 are no less then 50% for women and no less then 66% for men.

For both sexes, the cancer is most likely to be in the "privates" area. For women, that includes the breasts.

Once you get cancer, you either treat it or it spreads until you die.

200+ years old? Not if he's from Earth.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

According to what I've experienced that was 'supposedly' remote viewing, many of these were actually androids or alien technologies along with cloning. A person could than appear to be immortal. A few or three of these in our history were suggested to have been Knights Templars. Others may also include Adolf Hitler, JFK and more recently; Michael Jackson, who has reportedly been investing in clong himself. The report of the condition of his body sounds like a defective clone. Science fiction OR ??

Some other stories include Christ and Lazarus and other false miracles. Much of which was mind control and or their version of special effects.

" You shall know them by their works "

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
well if you believe in the bible word for word...
some lived to be 969 years old.
en.wikipedia.org...

the oldest person whose age is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible, given as 969 years. The name Methuselah has become a general synonym for any living creature of great age.

So i reckon anything on age related is possible we just got no idea how to do it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Fascinating - thanks for the story. I am not nearly smart enough to know - do we have a geneticist or biologist in the house that can explain whether some type of genetic mutation might allow a person to live this long? Excess production of white blood cells / ability to better absorb and utilize antioxidants / etc?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Tell him I said "you want my mortallity? Come and get it"

I'll live 200+ years , or until 2012.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join