It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Offical Debunk Cris Angel thread!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I know the man's trick's you see on tv are all 99% done with camera editing ect...
and paided participant's.
otherwise the man is a demon...lol

i will give you one giant example that the man is a fake.
it's no magic or even slight of hand..it's pure camera editing...
and people should call him out on it.

you can see that even if criss angel says in every show no camera editing.
They do it ever show....and he is like one of the best int he world..based on he is a fraud...anyone could fool people if they edit there self to do what ever...
hope ya see my point.
here is more examples.
Fox 13 Reveals Chris Angel As A Fraud

But my point is he lie's every show.
a logo that says CONTENTIOUS SHOT appears...to show its one shot no editing...
But even fox 13 news show's he is editing the video.

He even say's and ask's the people..are you a paid participant ect....
do you think those people holding down the trash can lid was surprised when criss angel was still under it the first time?
Comon folk's...He is a fruad...
At least David Blaine does stoop to camera trickery and editing to do his magic trick's.

He keeps comparing himself to Houdini It's wrong...
Houdini didn't use camera trick's to jedi mind melt us....
He used skill's and mastered his art.
Criss angel is not..and making it hard on true magician's...to even get watched because people actually think he is just this good.

I had to post this ..My wife swear's He is legit..otherwise he would be busted for fruad to the public ...Sometime's she think's he realy has magical power's lol

So i had to show ya the man is a fake.
Not even a good magician.

See here is a spoiler criss angel shows how to levitate...it's not camera editing.
That is the art of illusion...
www.metacafe.com...
But the big stunts ect.. he video edit's it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
He's an entertainer, of course he lies and uses paid participants. He's not out there to try and prove the paranormal or anything like that; he's there to make money with his tricks. If that means paying people to act freaked at a levitating woman, then that's what he'll do.

That being said, I don't think there's anything to "debunk." It's not like he's purporting himself to be a sorcerer. Just enjoy the show, with the knowledge that it's all fake, like professional wrestling.

[edit on 8/24/2009 by LiquidLight]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

Are you sure you have seen his tv show?

Because YES every episode he try to PROVE to the people that he has some kind of "special habilities" beyond any trick.

I dont mind if he try to make money out of his tricks like magicians do but the way he claim to do his tricks trying to make it looks like a miracle thing is disrespectful...

Good thing someone finally decided to show the science behind the trick

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
He is a magician.
He performs ILLUSIONS.
Its only an illusion and not real and he admits its a craft and not real...its an illusion..
I would love to see Jim Callahan exposed first...he actually tries to get people to believe what he is doing is real.
Chris will expose people who don't respect the craft and insult peoples intelligence.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yeah I don't like Criss. There's no talent whatsoever in anything he does! He was merely created by some company for revenue. His acting is terrible and his edits are a disgrace to real magic.

Anyone can do what he does with the financial backing that he gets...anyone.

It's amazing how many people don't care though --they know it's fake, like wrestling, and they continue to watch, giving the promoters and all of them money.

It's sad on what society has become and the level of "entertainment" that is thrown at us.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Of course he is fake. Case and piont, he said he was a stage perfomer illusionist.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It is as simple as this for me:

It is a MAGIC SHOW, he is an ILLUSIONIST, he is not proclaiming himself the "White Wizard" or Jesus Christ.

Do I want to know how he does some of that stuff like walk on water, in air, etc? Heck yea! But do I care how he pulls it off, if it is edited or not? Not really, cause it LOOKS GOOD and entertains me. That is all that matters in my humble opinion.

The show is entertainment, it is as simple as that.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
There's one really monsterous thread 4-5 years old somewhere about CA. I allowed myself to get involved in it much to my dismay and probably made 30 posts in it.

"Debunking" Criss Angel is about like "proving" Stephen King writes fiction.

[Edit to add]

Here it is. Started in 2004, runs over 138 pages, last post 8/21/09.

[edit on 8/24/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't think there's any harm with your wife thinking that he's legit.

Taking that further, this definitely isn't something you want to argue about.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am saying every show he try's to prove there is no camera editing or paid particpant's ect...

Yet clearly there is.

That make's a mockery of the art of magic.
That is my point.
You can not debunk him having real magic..lol

But to have a 1 hour show of him levitation from one building to another all the time claiming he has power's.
and no camera editing CONTENTIOUS SHOT logo on bottom of screen.

At least wrestler's say what we do is fake as in we don't hate each other..and it's scripted..But if ya hit ya self with a chair it's gonna hurt ...so don't try this at home.
and they get hurt all the time..because it does hurt them.lol

How are children gonna learn magic trick's and the art when it consists of video editing..not slight of hand and illusion's.
It kill's the art is my point.

which card did you choose
8 of heart's?
camera flicker's...kid pull's out the 8 of heart's AMAZING magic ....

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I guess it's simply known as entertainment. Most folks won't believe what he does to be real, and for those who do, so what? Unfortunately if Mr. Angel were to teleport to our livingrooms each night his act wouldn't be as compelling. So yes, camera tricks, and it's still an art. It's what Hollywood is all about, right?

It's really all about ADVERTISING. The reason there is TV is so that there is something to keep people's attention in between the commercials. I don't watch, period. Advertising, advertising, advertising. Most of the people who watch Mr. Angel are probably amused and entertained by his antics. Apparently, a very small percentage of people watch him to look for signs of fakery.

Of course the dude's fake. So he claims to be real? He's not under oath. It's a TV show.

I'd say let your wife be.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Funny, I didn't even realize that Chris Angel (a.k.a. Christopher Nicholas Sarantakos) need a debunking. Do people seriously believe that he is magical? He, just like David Copperfield & Houdini, is nothing more than an illusionist using, slight of hand, angles (audience perspective), trap doors, smoke, mirrors, etc. to entertain an audience. This guy is just as much a powerless mortal as anyone else in this world.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If you watch closely most of his tricks are easy to figure out, I like David Blain

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Funny, I didn't even realize that Chris Angel (a.k.a. Christopher Nicholas Sarantakos) need a debunking. Do people seriously believe that he is magical? He, just like David Copperfield & Houdini, is nothing more than an illusionist using, slight of hand, angles (audience perspective), trap doors, smoke, mirrors, etc. to entertain an audience. This guy is just as much a powerless mortal as anyone else in this world.

Just my 2-cents

you said it yourself why the thread was made.
just like David Copperfield & Houdini, is nothing more than an illusionist using, slight of hand, angles (audience perspective), trap doors, smoke, mirrors, etc. to entertain an audience.

That is what the art of magic is...roughly.
But when people claim to be magician's and OR illusionist..
and are found to be using camera trickery and editing the film ect...
that is a Con artist .

All of his show's YES entertain...But he allso claim's he know's none of the people.
and b
NO camera editing.

Both is proven to be false.

The camera editing is the big deal.
He claim's he is better than houdini ect...

Any kid with camera editing software can be Cris angel.

Not every kid can be as good as Houdini.

Hope you see my point.

The other folk's you mention are Magician's/Illusionist.
Criss angel is a hollywood Jedi....All camera tricky.
He has no more knowledge of his craft than the average guy on the street.
Under the guise He is Better than harry Houdini at his craft.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I am unsure on criss but there is a certain amount of mind over matter that CAN be accomplished in life if one searches. "IF" he was capable of a phenomenal sorcery type of power he would never admit it because he is smart. What he would do is mix it with illusion, leaving everyone confused and unable to conclude on what was happening. If the simpler illusions could be explained then naturally every other trick would automatically be an illusion in most minds.

How he does some of the tricks he does is something else. I don't know how he does them but that's all part of the way the show goes. I still wonder though.

Everyone chooses a side to satisfy what they cannot explain. I am satisfied either way regardless if it can be explained.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

top topics

join