It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New LIFE Photos Of Nazi Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
For all the talk of Obama and Hitler and such, here is a timely posting on Rense...a series of newly released Life Magazine pictures from Nazi Germany.

Wow...quite something!!

rense.com...
A quick edit to embed a sample photo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1a4190adc0d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 24-8-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
These photographs are absolutely amazing, I love them. I have seen color photos from that era, but these are the best I think.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Awesome photos!

Anyone recognize the Eagle in the 7th photo from the top?

Gee, where have we seen that before in America?

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I don't understand the point of yor post. What does the Berlin Olympics have to do with Obama? What exactly about these particular pictures reminds you of Obama?

Or are you just a Nazi groupy and posted these propaganda pictures from the Berlin Olympics because they give you some perverse gratification?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that link.

Bit of a WW2 buff myself, and always enjoy seeing these photos in colour rather than in black and white.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Extraordinary Popular Delusion and the Madness of Crowds -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cc7951ddae3.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5af0b528732.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Some of the best pics i have seen,definetly bookmarked! S@F

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Indeed...especially given the fact that Germany had been pulped 20 yrs previous. Makes you wish that kind of power to move people could be applied to the common good, instead of the wants of the elite few.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Look how happy they all are for not having to think anymore!!

Great! Sign me up! Just follow the leader!

Seriously though, nice find.

Awesome and scary at the same time.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Those images are simply mind bending. The impact of color photography really paints a more vivid image of Nazi Germany. The massive crowd photos are stunning. Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Extraordinary images. What struck me straight away was how very un-German that swastika symbol looks. I know it was widely used in various Eastern cultures for centuries before the Nazis got their hands on it, but I can't for the life of me think why. It just doesn't look right, somehow! Perhaps it's the influence of colour when I'm used to seeing so many black and white images in history text books....

LW

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Indeed very interesting find. Wont' go as far as declaring them fantastic or great, due to the gruesome nature of the regime. If anything, these pictures send shivers down my spine.

Not to get personal or make an attack but these pictures somehow remind me of the United States during election. Everywhere flags, enormous crowds and fanatical cheering.

Somebody else notice the similarities?

Edit for crappy spelling and still missed some...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by BazzeMan]

[edit on 24-8-2009 by BazzeMan]

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
I don't understand the point of yor post. What does the Berlin Olympics have to do with Obama? What exactly about these particular pictures reminds you of Obama?

Or are you just a Nazi groupy and posted these propaganda pictures from the Berlin Olympics because they give you some perverse gratification?

Good questions. This series of pictures portrays more than just the Olympics, they focus on Hitler and his use of spectacle on a massive scale as well as him depicted on a human scale (not to be confused with his humanity). It is important to recall that he was just that...human. To inflate his status is to forget that the atrocities of the Third Reich were concocted and carried out by humans and are repeatable.

Obama? I mention that because of a propensity by the Right...especially the Right...to speak of him in the same light as Hitler and the Nazis. It struck me that these photos put those comments in their proper perspective.

It ain't the same, and as I mentioned elsewhere, neither are the circumstances that created either Hitler or Obama. Find parallels if they support your ideogical inclinations...but to equate the two is...in my humble opinion...nonsense. Not to mention that it trivializes the Nazis.

Finally, no, I am by no means a Nazi groupie. Far from it. These photos are an historical document that attest to scale...for the most part, and they ought to serve as a cautionary note as well as a testament to ideology gone most horribly wrong.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
These pictures are relevant because many here use the word "nazi" too lightly. Neither Obama nor Bush have anything to do with the mass-craze and adulation that happened back then.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
AMAZING find and photos! Im a BIG WWII buff, especially learning about the nazis and thier weapons, idead, political ideas, and how 1 country can be and beome so under control, listen to tis dictator, and follow into his plans. I think for alot of germans though, back then, they didnt necessarily want too join or be a part of nazi germany...they knew hitler had a few screws loose, adn was on rise to power, and alos knew, those who resisted would be 'taken out back' and dealt with. its possible..
My fahters mother was born in germany, came here in 1937 i belive. it was 37 or 1939. She used to tell me, why she did, she passed form cancer in '89. She saw how hitler was rising and was a madman. She knew things were gunna get real ugly n bad, so while the door was open, so to speak, she came to Ellis isalnd to escape. She wanted NO part in the nazi party or germany. so! she got the hell outta thier

Again! awesome find!!! post more if yuo find em! scary thing all, in a sense...dont all those red n swastika flags seem famialir? Kinda reminds me of governemnts agenda for us

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
look how happy the people looked... AMAZING

[edit on 24-8-2009 by MCMLXXXVI]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Made a typo! she wasnt born in 37 or '39, she LEFT gemnay in '37 or '39. Sorry all. She was born in early 20's..she was like 17 when she left germany. my bad....

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
yeah WOW!!! they look so damn happy! Look at that smile on adolphs face. sick, isnt it? What REALLY bothers me, is why or how SO many people looked up to him. I mean regardless to me, the whole scenery thier, red flags, buildings of a roman architechture, seems scary to be around. I do know, form what ive read n learned, germany was in shambels back then. Hitler took control, aand was creaing jobs...I think thats why people looked up to him. An evil man in semi disguise, at leat gae the people what they wanted. Thats an excellent way to get people to follows its goverments agenda. Because it means, they didnt have to live like slum lords or poverty anymore. They could actually afford descnt food, but a house, buy a new car, get bonus pays , things like that.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
These pictures are relevant because many here use the word "nazi" too lightly. Neither Obama nor Bush have anything to do with the mass-craze and adulation that happened back then.

Truer words were never spoken! I absolutly loath GW Bush, but he was light years from Hitler. Those that casually banter about the term NAZI need to educate themselves on the unbelievable barbarism and horror that was Nazi Germany. There are simply too many people ignorant of the Nazi regime. I talked to one kid, just graduated from a prestigous Eastern University who thought the US fought Russia in WW2 "over land or something". I think it's difficult for cushy Americans to grasp living in a true police state, those that compare modern America with Nazi Germany insult the 50 million people that perished in the war.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's the cult of personality. Classic example, same reason people flock to Michael Jackson, Hulk Hogan and Obama. To feel like they are a part of greatness. Hitler was a lot of things, stupid however was not one of them. I often just sit and think about how he came VERY close to taking over the world. Its maddening.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join