It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best place to move in preperation of the apocalypse?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
in big or small cities there will be gangs of theives that will try to break in and steal supplies GUARANTEED.

and if your in a big city like new york your going to be dead anyways from the nuclear blast.

so i'm thinking that way out a few miles in the bushes is the best bet actually. the illuminati will have a harder time finding you for forced microchipping (mark of the beast), and theives will also not bother going that far when they can instead plunder the goods of the city cattle.

but there is more to be decided than this. the country is also an important decision. Going north to canada may be beneficial since the hunting and fishing is great, and there is hardly any people (potential theives and murderers) to bother you. of course surviving winter will be harder, but i believe it will be worthwhile because there is plenty of wood forests for warmth (you will have bought a chainsaw of course).

on the other hand, perhaps going into a jungle in mexico, you wouldn't have to worry about winter. there would be more thieves there though.

so i say in the bush a few miles out of town (where there is no visible road leading to your place, just a small trail) in canada praries is your best bet.

opinions?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
i was thinking the himalayas. i mean..it is such high altitude up there that it might not be affected in the same way the rest of the world would be in say, a nuclear fallout or radiation etc.

good news for me is, my boyfriend and i are planning on moving to Manali, which is at the foothills of the himalayas, in prob about 5 years because he has a bunch of friends out there from when he lived there before, so weve got that covered

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Go as deep underground as you can, a deep cave might be a good bet.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Happyfeet]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I too thought Canada would be a good spot. I know a way to a lake that you have to go through a lot of obstacles to get through but you can get a canoe and plenty of supplies where you'd be fine for at least a 5 months. Can't get enough of those walleye

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I live in the Alberta Prairies and the big corporate farms have most of the land. SO you could look in Northern Alberta, BC or Saskatchewan.

I suggest Uranium City as a good place, for 4 months of the year it's accessible by ferry only, it has lots of trees, and when the mine closed most people left and there are hundreds of houses sitting empty.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'd just join up with a group of theives and bandits. why not?

or I could go north where the militias are here in MI. I'm white and I can fake being a christian so again, why not?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If anyone attacks America with a nuclear weapon, we'll be sending one right back at whoever fired it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
whoever the above poster is who said canada is right on. we have the most space per capita in the world. myself, i'd find a provincial park and take trails up as far as one could go.
they usually end at some sort of lake or lookout or something.
get close to fresh water and eat fish.
have weapons.

I don't dream much anymore but recently i had a dream that i was defending my food stores. four guys came and took my food from my imaginary family, so i went and killed them, then their families were mourning it was hard but it kind of prepared me.

I believe the hardest thing will be having to turn down those in need because we simply can't afford to do it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
If anyone attacks America with a nuclear weapon, we'll be sending one right back at whoever fired it.

good luck at figuring out who sent it when hundreds of them can be easily smuggled through the Mexican border.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
I live in the Alberta Prairies and the big corporate farms have most of the land. SO you could look in Northern Alberta, BC or Saskatchewan.

I suggest Uranium City as a good place, for 4 months of the year it's accessible by ferry only, it has lots of trees, and when the mine closed most people left and there are hundreds of houses sitting empty.

uranuim cities is one of the wierdest places ever (man, this could make the best movie!)

right on
(i live in canada praries too, so i know!)

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Southern Rockies! -New Mexico- Colorado Border area. Firstly its not that cold. Winter will kill you in some areas. Little or No food, ice weather. it'll be the pits trying to survive. The Southern Rockies gets snow but in general the weather is much warmer.

There is plenty wild game in the area so that’s a food source. There are plenty lakes that don’t freeze so you’ll have fish all year round. You can use snow almost all year round as a fridge. But then you’ll have to stay in the foothills where the temp. so cooler in Summer.

You also out the way of “what’s going on up North in Denver and Norad. And you up wind from most all big Cities.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'd say anywhere you've got old-growth forests would be good, as long as it's inaccessible by car. You'd need to be able to live on the land, meaning you'd need to be able to hunt, build shelters, eat all kinds of disgusting things, and so on. Forget the chain saw - needs gas. Gas won't be plentiful. Get an ax, with spare handles. Get several. Hunting knives (for tools, not defense), various other tools for building and working with natural materials.

I'm thinking the biggest threat is going to be people. First, you're going to have the panicked crowds trying to take your stuff from you because they didn't have the foresight to store it/get it/whatever. These folks won't last long, because they simply don't have the survival skills and instincts they need. However, that doesn't mean they're not dangerous. This will be the largest number of people. Until they fade out, they could be a significant danger. Fortunately, they probably won't get very far into the sticks, and if they do, they'll try to drive there.

Then you'll have organized gangs, as OP predicted. That would be similar to street gangs, but somewhat better able to survive for a while. I'm thinking they'll be into partying and drinking and drugging, probably looting, raping, and killing for kicks. They'd also probably have limited long-term survival potential. But again, they can be dangerous in the shorter run.

After that, though, I suspect you'll wind up with something like "tribes" or "nations" of people, not necessarily outlaws, exactly, but organizations that might not hesitate to take from you anything they think they need. Kind of like the tribes of American Indians. Just groups of people who band together for safety and to combine resources. If you don't belong to one, or if yours is too small, then you might be victimized by such groups. They might not attack or harm you for kicks, but if they're able to take your belongings, they're still dangerous.

So basically, the safest places will be the ones that are the least accessible, especially places that are next to impossible to get to by vehicles. No roads, broken, rocky terrain, thick woods, etc. The harder it is to get to, the fewer vehicles can be used, the fewer people who can attack - and the longer it takes them to get to you.

Thing is, you'd have to be somewhere that you can live off the land, where there is enough game and other food to find. That means that you'll have to be in relatively small groups, since hunting can only support a small number of people in a given area (unlike farming). This might mean you have to keep moving around as you hunt out the game in one area. You'll need to move out and let the game recover before returning, perhaps.

My guess is that trying to make it through farming, at least in the beginning, would be too risky. You're tied to the land. Anyone who finds you knows where you are, and you can't just leave because your crops are there. Unless you've managed to form fairly large, well-organized groups and have a good defense system, chances are you'll be attacked and overwhelmed. After the first year or so, when the less survival-oriented people have gone, this may no longer be as true. Still, being tied to the land leaves you vulnerable.

Just my thoughts. Seeing as I live in a city, the chances of my making it through are mighty slim. I don't have the tools I'd need, and it's a long, long way to go before I'm anywhere near the sticks. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'd rather be about 100 miles farther out than I am right now, just to give me a head start.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Nice tread...

A few things to think about....

1) ever go hunting on 1st day of deer season?....why I ask....
if you think that hunting is going to be good well it could be for a week or two. Than everyone and there brother will be killing everything to stock up and noy preserve it,or know how to, so waisting alot of would be useful meet.

2) People already own most all the land and you are trespassing on it....Trespassers beware I shoot first....and the survivors I shoot again.
So, keep thinking you can just go out in the woods and rape my property of it resoursces. Many people are thinking that they can just live in the land in the woods..I hope your going to a state or federal park.

3) If you think its comming soon you better get your shelter built before too much longer. Also have fun getting it done with only a canoe or on foot as most are saying on here. NOT ACCESSABLE BY ROAD means dozens of trips and a nice trail even if you take differant routes. Also that mean that you will add to my storage if your on my land... if its state or federal land be on the lookout for the game wardens or wildlife officers and park rangers.

4) Leaving the country... bye bye. If you think that any of our neighbors are gonna welcome you or that they are gonna be better off there...bye
Been to 3rd world countries... as bad as it could be we are still better off here than there. FYI try to sneek your guns into another country and get caught..everything belongs to them if they want it!!!
The military of eather country is well... way under everything..manned,supplied, trained, ect.

I could go on and on...

Hey good tread.. not busting balls, just sharing some of the thoughts that I have on this topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I also live in Canada (Quebec), we often go canoe camping up north and there are a lot of great places with very few people but I tend to think Northwest Territories or probably far north in any of the Canadian provinces from Quebec to BC.

I know it is cold but if you're well prepared it's doable and very few people, there are places where people have never been. Yeah I think up north would be one of the best places to head to.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'll stay right where i am, montana gets cold in the winter, but if you are use to it, its not that big of a deal.
I know the back woods, and know the locals, not to worried about it.
If things get bad i'll call up a rancher buddy and go camping..

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well I have been thinking of moving to France up in the mountains. How safe would that be?? I have always wanted to live there and right now I would like to disappear there for a long time and just enjoy the planet by myself.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Depends on what Kind of disaster:

Bomb
Flu
Weather (polar shift)
How much warning...
ETC

I would have different places I would (like to) go depending on the above, and if I had warning or not.

Radiation would require a completely different "safe zone" than Polar Shift...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Why would you go to france to the mountains?
France would be about the last place that I would want to go.
I have been there before, beautiful country, but the people that I had met left me with a dislike for the place.
I was polite and not rude or anything...so that is why I was so set back by them.
Just curious if you have ever been there?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
best place to move in preperation of the apocalypse?

Off the planet.

Seriously. Have you read the 'apocolypse' (revelation) part of scripture? There is no place on this planet that will be safe. None. You'd have to be off the planet in order to survive.

If you are just talking about WWIII or something like that .. that's different. There could be places that make it. But survival after surviving the war would be extremely difficult.

Forests will be burning all over the planet.
So will the cities.
The air will be horrid.
So will the water.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'm headed to the emerald triangle of California. Lots of rivers, over population of deer. Very few areas that can be settled in to small towns so there is little population and tons of virgin unowned and state land, and winters aren't to bad.Why? Because I can't afford to by a piece of property up there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join