It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona pastor's sermons call for execution of gays, Barney Frank and the President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
www.pamshouseblend.com...

Pastor Steven Anderson of Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona is a bible-quoting hellfire and damnation sort of guy. He calls for the execution of gays in numerous sermons.
"The same God who instituted the death penalty for murders is the same god who instituted the death penalty for rapists and for homosexuals, sodomites and queers"

Remember this guy?www.abovetopsecret.com...

and............lizditz.typepad.com... tml

Pastor Anderson certainly knows how to get attention. But threatening politicians; I would think might bring down a little more heat than he is prepared to deal with.
My bet is that soon he will be praying for forgiveness. To a Judge!!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Just what christians need......a hate spewing minister.
May his God have mercy on his soul.

Be as one

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

He's just the "flip side" to reverend Wright. Not saying he's right or saying anything smart, but if you can have someone preaching hatred for this country (ala rev. Wright) then why can't this yahoo speak?

1st ammendment folks. Don't have to like it, don't have to listen to it.

Gotta protect it all the same though . . . .

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Is this news because he is a minister?

You have some good ones and some bad ones, as with everything in life. Just because he has father, preacher or minister in front of his name doesn't mean he speaks for everyone who believes in the Christian God.

He is just another nut out there who has been given a voice. Plenty of those out there.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
doesnt sound like any god i would want
i just dont buy the whole vengeful god theory.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Rev. Anderson called Barny Frank a pedophile. Mr. Frank is an admitted gay dude but If I'm not mistaken accusing someone of a crime is a crime if the accuser can't prove it and open to a raft of lawsuits.

He's just the "flip side" to reverend Wright. Not saying he's right or saying anything smart, but if you can have someone preaching hatred for this country (ala rev. Wright) then why can't this yahoo speak?

That's not free speech mike russellus!!

If someone accused me of pedophilia, I would hire the meanest mad dog attorney and make sure they never had a dime ever again.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
omg this guy gets around.... omg

That is all I will say.......

[edit on 21-8-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When will folks realize its not the christians job to save the world. Remember, he said, Heaven and Earth will surely pass away but my word will never die. A christians job is to be faithful and true to their master, not be the master and punisher of sinners. Even people in law eforcement and the prison system dont see it that way. Criminals stew in cells and get to think about their mistakes, they dont get lined up and executed by firing squads. A Christian should look forward to the Wedding Supper of the Bride where all God's people are received as faithful servants, not world savers. The only qualm I have with divient sexual behavior is the fact people have become so perverted in modern times that when new people show up in churches, someone slips out the back door with a visitor slip once its filled out and immediately goes to the computer to check the sex offender list, just out of the childrens safety. I really wish it didnt have to be that way, but unfortunately, its a very real reality in today's sin. My point is hate the sin, not the sinner. If a person is in fact on a sex offender list, regardless of how nive a church congregation is, they will have a hard time finding anything more than an aquaintence to be around, if that long at all. Sad but true.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I didn't realize this was the same guy who kept on goading the border patrol.

Please do not use this guy as a weapon against religion. This guy really does have some sort of mental problem. While I don't practice now, I was part of the baptist fold for about 15 years. I have never seen anyone preach that comes anywhere close to this guy.

And I have heard some crazy sermons.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Rev. Anderson called Barny Frank a pedophile. Mr. Frank is an admitted gay dude but If I'm not mistaken accusing someone of a crime is a crime if the accuser can't prove it and open to a raft of lawsuits.

That's not free speech mike russellus!!

If someone accused me of pedophilia, I would hire the meanest mad dog attorney and make sure they never had a dime ever again.

True. If what he said was slanderous, or libel (I forget which) then he should get punished. But I still stand by my free speech.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

TEST BY ME----GEORGE ORMONDY--FREE SPEECH?
are homos called gay? why? I would call them not sick but DEGENERATE if you cant see why then just consider the sex organs on male/female and if you cant see what goese where !
You have a major problem

kind regards to all NORMAL PEOPLE.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Somehow I think this guy missed what Jesus was trying to tell people. That's too bad, because Jesus actually had a good message.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
wow, this guy is pissed. he really has some serious issues with gays. i mean SERIOUS. to be honest, and not to pick on this guy at all, this type of behavior is really what i believe to be the result of sexual repression. either he is gay and scared as hell to admit it, or just really wants to get it on but is terrified of his sexuality and the built up energy comes out in this deranged form.

though i did not see any clear call for hurting anyone, he is skirting the line with free speech and the way he talk about people. a good example is his references to barney frank as a pedophile and molester.

but honestly he is just like the 'god hates fags' crowd. they are not worth any attention, in fact they thrive on our attention and the best punishment is simply to ignore their childish antics.

thanks for sharing Whaa

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
He looks as gay as they come to me.
Methinks these nutjobs protest too much.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

He looks as gay as they come to me.
Methinks these nutjobs protest too much.

The Rev's a self-hating gay maybe?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

"The same God who instituted the death penalty for murders is the same god who instituted the death penalty for rapists and for homosexuals, sodomites and queers"

The bit about rapists reminded me of this video. There's apparently more to "God's Justice" than just death penalty... and it's often worse for the rape victims than the actual rapers.

Also, lol, Lutherans.

Evangelical Lutheran Church of America OKs practicing Gays as practicing ministers.

Most notably, by a 60-40 margin, voters came down in favor of allowing congregations, if they wish, to be served by gay or lesbian ministers in committed relationships.

Previously, they only allowed homosexual ministers who promised to maintain celibacy.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormondy
reply to post by whaaa

TEST BY ME----GEORGE ORMONDY--FREE SPEECH?
are homos called gay? why? I would call them not sick but DEGENERATE if you cant see why then just consider the sex organs on male/female and if you cant see what goese where !
You have a major problem

kind regards to all NORMAL PEOPLE.

Well, I took your advice an took a random couple and did exactly what you suggested and examined their sex organs. After the charges had been dropped and the nice officer gave me my notes back (but I did have to promise not to do any more research at the mall) I was able to arrive at the following interesting observations.

The male organ is clearly designed to be a "putting it into something" structure. An analysis of possible places on both the male and female bodies leads to the conclusion that there are two appropriately dimensioned receptacles on the male body and three on the female body. We therefore conclude that male homosexual activities, while fewer in number than heterosexual activities are the same and therefore male homosexual activity is the same as a subset of heterosexual activity. Minus the cuddling.

The female organ is clearly designed to be a "putting something into it" structure. It was determined that the number of female insertable body structures that had the right dimensions to fit were the same as the male structures but the male had one additional structure the was appropriately dimensioned. Conclusion again is that since female homosexual activity is a subset of heterosexual activity, it is the same. Except that it seems to involve scented sheets.

Thank you gormondy for your excellent suggestion on contrastive genital examination as a research methodology. The research was illuminating as well as an interesting way to make new "special" friends. Which leads me to my next questions.. ahve you any methodological suggestions for researching threesomes?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I had always thought that rapists weren't killed but were obligated to marry the person they raped.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

He made the mistake of calling for the execution of the president. I guarantee he will get a visit from the secret service before long.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Only if the victim isn't married/betrothed. If she was, the rapist was murdered - because he despoiled the other man's property.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join