It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiocracy, but not quite. Is this the future.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Now, merely from observations alone.

I've seen the movie Idiocracy before, now, albeit, it was terrible movie, but still got the point across.

People are getting dumber, and some are getting smarter. Almost at an equal rate i'd suppose.

Now will this cause a break in humanity, those that progress with higher IQ, and those that have lower IQ's.

It seems that, we have our Einsteins, and we have our Borats. And in a fight, almost. Intellectually.

It seems a weird topic... even I must admit it is.

But it seems that, those who want more, and those who want less, are dividing up.

I think conspiracists can definitely assign this in their lives.

We research skepticize and ponder things, and want to know answers, and tend to pursue different topics looking for answers.

Now their are many, wanting not to ponder, wanting to accept and indulge in whatever it is, be it ancient text, ancient beliefs, current beliefs, and are at a stand still. Or indulge in nothing, at all.

Just stay where they are living life, and that is it.

Now indefinitely these will collide.

Gang-like societies cannot co-exist with upper-class societies. Now don't get into it, with that gangs should prevail and upper-class is all a holes.

But between the Thinkers, and the non-thinkers.

Now separating the NWO, and all stuff from sheep herders.

Eventually, those that would seem to be alien like intelligence will emerge, and those with animal like thinking, will conflict, on our planet. Eventually.

What will happen, who will win.

The brute and mindless force of un-intellectuals , or the knowledge of the intellectuals.

It's an odd thought, I give you readers that. Just a thought though.

What would this bring.

If the SHTF, of course the question arises, who wins, the looters or the ones on the survivor forum. Have they not been robbed and looted themselves.

I think if you look at it, the separation is emerging, and clearly enough, it is a battle.

Now not specifically within religion, and the opinion like topics. But within astrophysics, life, and such.

I'm so sorry for having to say this, yet again, and criticize it if you want.

But if you understand what i'm saying please say it better then what I have mutilated it into sentences. lol.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I agree with your points.

Here is Idiocracy:

www.watch-movies-links.net...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Okay, I've gotten two flags, apparently people are reading.

I do feel that I have put it in the right words though, so does anyone else have a better way to say it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
We, as a whole, are encouraging stupidity.

Handwriting, and spelling, has gone severely downhill because nobody writes anymore, and everybody has spellcheckers. (I refuse to use one
) Hell, text messages actively encourage this.

I was very well educated in maths and always came out at the top of the class by a mile. Yet I fully admit that these days, I can't do simple math in my head, because I became so used to using a calculator. It was a sad day when they started allowing kids to use calculators in exams.

Everything is littered with silly warnings, and while it might be highly amusing to see "warning: may cause drowsiness" on the side of a bottle of sleeping pills, are people really that stupid that they need to be told these things? It's already gotten to the point where nobody needs to think about what they're doing anymore.

Even video games these days will warn you not to remove a memory card right after you tell it to write to it. AND if you DO, they'll tell you to put it back in again and try again. This should be common sense. Instead of telling you not to do it, they should just allow bad things to happen if you do. Then people might learn not to be so stupid. This worked well enough for many years.

There are probably many other examples. The point is we're making it very easy for people not to think about anything. This really needs to stop.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Clickfoot

I saw a video about that, I think carl sagan did it.

Instead of, when a child asks, why is the grass green. We shan't respond, 'Well could you imagine it being BLUE!".

Or when asked why the sky is blue, "God made it that way", or "Because it reflects the Beautiful Ocean", or "Because it's the color of your eyes". Or any nonsense.

Children ask serious questions sometimes, and giving them stupid, yes stupid answers, makes them stupid.

The sky is blue because of wavelengths in it from the sun, and our eyes perceiving it.
www.sciencemadesimple.com...

It's not fancy and filled with wonder, but it could be, it's wonderful in itself.

People with freckles shouldn't be told there kisses from angels.

I can go on and on.

If a child asks me such a question, i'll speak the truth, it's the least they deserve, and the most.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Of course first there is this:
www.xkcd.org...

As for spelling going downhill with the advent of texting: Well... guess thats only natural after the intense uphill of the 17th and 18th century. (en.wikipedia.org... and i suggest looking at the history of languages in general before bemoaning texting-speak)

Besides: It's xkcd. read the mouseover

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Today only: Free refills on all empty minds. Offer good while lies last.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JRedBeard
Today only: Free refills on all empty minds. Offer good while lies last.

Funny thing is that empty minds might tend to pay for that, even if its free.

top topics

join