It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers I received from my pendulum

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by summerdreary

You should post a picture!!! I love pendulums, they are so beautiful. At the store I used to work at we had a huge selection... I really like some of the quartz ones I've seen.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I have read some of the thred, but I am anxious to ask my questions...

1.) Was there ever a planet like planet x or Nibiru?
2.) Will A Hurricane hit near Tampa, Fl this year...if yes, will it cause major damage?

3.)There was a prior question about if any diestic religion was correct above others...Is it a nature based religion?
4.)Is there a hell?
5) Will time travel happen in the next 40 years?
Okay I think that's all for now.

I will try to make my own and answer these same questions and post back to see if we have the same answers.
Edited because they said not to ask personal questions.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 23-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

I got
1.) yes
2.)yes but no major damage
3.)Yes
4.)No
5.)yes

didn't match theirs at all

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
1 and 5 were pretty much the same

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

Yes they were, true that...I still don't trust pendulums they have always been inaccurate for me in my Opinion. I just thought what the hey, I was bored and figured I would try it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cynic121

Here's a little piece with some thoughts about how physics relates to dowsing. Not very well apparently, conventionally anyhow. Sort of pendulum related. Anyway, thought maybe you'd like that.

www.cheniere.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
This is an interesting thread but I'm sorry to burst peoples bubbles.

There is nothing psychic, paranormal or true about this.

A pendulum cannot, unfortunately, predict the future. Neither can any other object.

Are you telling me that if I go outside and tie a stick to a piece of string that I can ask it questions and spirits are going to move my stick in a certain direction to provide me the answer?

I'm sorry I'd like to believe it was possible but I'm almost certain it isn't.

Why does it work or seem to work then?

It's called Ideomotor auto-suggestion...

The ideomotor effect is a psychological phenomenon wherein a subject makes motions unconsciously. As in reflexive responses to pain, the body sometimes reacts reflexively to ideas alone without the person consciously deciding to take action. For instance, tears are produced by the body unconsciously in reaction to the emotion of sadness.

Furthermore, these tests demonstrate that "honest, intelligent people can unconsciously engage in muscular activity that is consistent with their expectations" (Hyman 1999)

Source

[edit on 24/8/09 by Death_Kron]

[edit on 24/8/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
are aliens here to help us?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Are there aliens in Milton, Florida?
Will I die young?
Does my life hold great importance for myself and/or many other people?

my name is Ian

p.s. please respond to my question on account that I believe in pendulums

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Ian that 3rd question depends on ur will to do so.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by -zLFz-
Are there aliens in Milton, Florida?
Will I die young?
Does my life hold great importance for myself and/or many other people?

my name is Ian

p.s. please respond to my question on account that I believe in pendulums

Don't take this the wrong way because I'm not having a go at you personally and I don't have a problem with you believing in pendulums.

But to expand on why I don't think pendulums work I need to use your post as it illustrates my points nicely.

Lets for example just say that they do work and it is a spirit moving the pendulums providing the correct answers.

How would said spirit know if you are going to die young from simply providing your first name over the internet?

I'm not asking you to provide your surname by the way.

Just think about it though, how many Ian's are there in the world?

I could flip a coin or swing an empty can of beer from a string and give you an answer to your question...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
Ian that 3rd question depends on ur will to do so.

Slightly off track but yep your right there. Anyones life is what they make it...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

You prove a good point
I don't expect to get full proof answers to these question I have.
Pendulums should be for personal use and if I really want the answers I will simply make my own.
I'd hate to believe in something that's not true. That's my biggest frustration.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Thank you so much for a scientific explanation

I was just going to post something essentially the same but based on my own observations and experience with a pendulum but didn't know the actual mechanism of it. So, it actually shows the beliefs of the asker (or his conscious or subconscious guesses if the matter is unfamilliar to him).

Cheers, star for ya

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

case in point as to why i try not to answer personals... how does anyone except your own body know when its end is near

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilaruum

Thank you so much for a scientific explanation

I was just going to post something essentially the same but based on my own observations and experience with a pendulum but didn't know the actual mechanism of it. So, it actually shows the beliefs of the asker (or his conscious or subconscious guesses if the matter is unfamilliar to him).

Cheers, star for ya

Thanks for the star and yeah you've got it spot on. Its the asker conscious or subconcious that makes it work.

It's the same principle that make ouija boards work.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

That's kinda creepy. Overall, the pendulum was incorrect, but he finished eerily close, to tell the honest truth, I personally didn't think he would win. I asked it Friday night if the Dallas Cowboys would win and it said yes, my husband saw it too, well they did win. Another odd thing, I asked if the Texas Rangers would win and it gave me no, yes,no, the game finished in extra innings after the Rangers tied the game in the 9th. As far as forecasting rain in another country, it's hard to tell if there was rain anywhere there. Are there any mountain ranges or any forests there?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
As far as forecasting rain in another country, it's hard to tell if there was rain anywhere there. Are there any mountain ranges or any forests there?
It's not hard, Portugal is a small country with many meteorologic stations, that's why I know that it only rained in two of the nine Azores islands.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Are those islands off the coast of Portugal? I'm sorry, never been there.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

They are some 1500km from the coast.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

yes no yes is like the extra innings i would imagine

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join