It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Video Games

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I understand peoples and especially children need to have some action and also to vent, but when I recently came across the described features for the following video-game I was shocked at how times have changed. Back when I was young I played cute little games such as Nintendos Super Mario or Sega, and even earlier cute little Pac-Man by Atari.

While Im fairly tolerant of action-packed movies and games, this is too imo, demonic even. Some of the features of the game Postal 2 which is apparently quite popular among kids:

Urinating on dismembered bodies

The option of attacking and/or killing police officers

A game prop called Fag Hunter (depicted as bald, unshaven men wearing pink dresses).

Decapitating people with shovels or similar weapons (katana, machete etc.) and kicking the heads about.

Setting people on fire with a variety of methods, from gasoline and matches, to molotov cocktails and napalm launchers or even the kicking about of burning heads.

Playing "fetch" with dogs using the severed heads of slain police officers

The ability to urinate on bystanders to make them vomit in disgust. As cops will eat food items dropped by the player, urinating on a food item that is subsequently eaten by a cop will make the cop regurgitate.

The use of cats as silencers for shotguns and machine guns by pushing the barrel of the gun into its rectum.

Crack coc aine "health" pipes that can be smoked in order to boost Dude's health

Im I being overly sensitive to be unamused by the content of this "game"?

Whats more, it appears that the game is not banned due to "Freedom of Speech" laws. Browsing the internet you see mostly raving fans of the game.

What do people think about this stuff being programmed into our minds?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, the game is marked so as not to be sold to kids. I believe it was intended to be over the top and they evidently did it in a clever way (I haven't ever played it). I view it as no different than a Quentin Tarantino film. Rating them R doesn't stop kids from seeing them. Neither does rating a game Mature.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
dont know what games those are in, but yeah, it is very disturbing. I like to play games from time to time, but really, some of the things you mentioned is just WRONG and has nothing to do with playing a game.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think its better to act like that in a virtual world than in our physical "real" world.

For instance, I have a lot of repressed anger.
So much anger that I feel like killing.
Of course I would never do such thing.
But maybe I could get rid of this anger by simulating a murder?
Although I hate violence I actually enjoy violent video-games.

It relieves stress.
But thats just me.

I feel that I get so constrained by social and cultural rules that it just feels good to break all those rules without actually damaging anyone. At least I can pretend that I'm free.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you don't like a video game vote with your dollars. Don't buy it. No-one is "programming" kids with this information. Purchasing a game is purely voluntary.

I sometimes wonder how the opinions of some people could be that a game like this is "forced" upon our children. While it might be advertised to a certain demographic, a conversation with a child could be a lot more helpful than attempting to ban such items. A child can understand a lot if just simply conversed with IMHO.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is why you have to watch what you chilren play.

Kids do not parent themselves.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Also, just to be the devils advocate here, I think its better that people start getting extremely violent then people just being TV zombies.

Violence brings awareness, as uncomfortable as that may sound.
Violence brings progress - isn't evolution basically the survival of the fit and the elimination of the weak and unfitted?

We are in such deep stagnation that any "abnormal" event would be good.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Well, the game is marked so as not to be sold to kids. I believe it was intended to be over the top and they evidently did it in a clever way (I haven't ever played it). I view it as no different than a Quentin Tarantino film. Rating them R doesn't stop kids from seeing them. Neither does rating a game Mature.

Tarantinos movies have some artistic merit. I cant see the artistic merit in the game mentioned. All I see is totally psychopathic conduct.

link   
I play "violent" video games myself. That is, if you consider Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil and Halo violent. But, geez, this Postal game makes Grand Theft Auto seem tame! I think there are line's that should not be crossed, and this one crosses it...or maybe I'm just getting old.

link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Back when I was young I played cute little games such as Nintendos Super Mario

Do you feel any of the eat magic mushrooms and stomp on turtles "programming"?

or Sega,

Sega is a company, not a game, not sure what you meant here.

and even earlier cute little Pac-Man by Atari.

Did the pop pills and run around in sewers "programming" kick in yet?

Games don't program people; people program games.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by eNumbra]

link   
Mario was about bashing the hell out of cute little animals just to gain points, the only difference is games now are more realistic.
If you dont like it then simply dont play it, a lot of time people assume games like GTA is just thoughtless killings. but if you go around killing everyone in the game then you get police on your back that you cant shake off. This is the "discipline" role of the game that teaches the player that you cant simply go round killing people.
Eventually you get so bored of killing random people on the street needlessly that the player ends up just simply playing the game and achieving objectives that makes them feel acomplished, such as solving puzzles or having to think for themselves.
There is logic behind these kinds of games..its not simply run n gun.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Stuff like this is just bad for the soul, period.:shk:

Oh.....but it's just a game! Sick and demented as it may be, it's still just a game, and will keep me from being sick and demented for real like.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Distasteful, yes. Fun? Possibly. Suitable for minors? no. Demonic? Uhhh, where did that come from? Care to share with us how this is related to 'demons'?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Dude, you're just getting old. I already find myself being less interested in gore films and often complain about my kids loud music. You're not going to start saying this might make kids start pissing on homeless people and beheading coppers, are you?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu

But maybe I could get rid of this anger by simulating a murder?
Although I hate violence I actually enjoy violent video-games.

Well, has it helped? If it has, I rest my case. But if you continue to have all that anger, then that method is apparently only a temporary fix.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
Dude, you're just getting old.

Nah, Ive always been concerned about brainwashing, media-programming, media-influence and mind-control.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Oh Sky I am totally with you on this, no joke it is mortifying the level of
incomprehensible outlets for the horrors of underworld illusion grafted into our plain of existence which targets the young and otherwise mentally/spiritually weak.

To say it began with subtle desensitization through the mainstream is but touching the surface, it has been wrought upon today's youth in so many ways that it has streamed in since they first opened their eyes in utero.

I am not talking about the protected ones, but even they have to have some level of exposure just so that they can live in this world. And the slightest bit corrupts to the very soul. Like a cancer it seeks out the spiritual little ones most of all and if they cannot be changed by it, they bring in the 'others' who make life a living hell for the protected children of light, who chose to come but due to the human factor can get lost along the way.

What gets me so upset is how some of the issues I find minor and laughable get blown way out of proportion while games and videos like this get passed over, laughed at and otherwise ignored until it is too late to stop the input damage they have caused.

These types of games are created and geared toward the multitudes of children being raised as cannon fodder for the wars of the wicked, the ultimate thrill is to watch these kinds of games live and in real life by the global controllers, the lower entities who working in tandem with alien influences have created a society of monsters.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
D Demonic? Uhhh, where did that come from? Care to share with us how this is related to 'demons'?

"Demonic" is a colloquiallism referring to "even lower than bad".

Such as urinating on police offers who then vomit and then chopping them up.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Postal 2 is truly a sick game. It has no specific goal whatsoever, as it's just pure violence. Anyone who finds this game entertaining & remotely enjoyable is probably mentally disturbed.

Once you've exhausted your ability to be offended, what's left is a sloppily made and at-best a mediocre game.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ok then, what is it programming them to do? And do you have any solid examples of other video games that are more than just video games?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join