It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Video Games

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I understand peoples and especially children need to have some action and also to vent, but when I recently came across the described features for the following video-game I was shocked at how times have changed. Back when I was young I played cute little games such as Nintendos Super Mario or Sega, and even earlier cute little Pac-Man by Atari.

While Im fairly tolerant of action-packed movies and games, this is too imo, demonic even. Some of the features of the game Postal 2 which is apparently quite popular among kids:

Urinating on dismembered bodies

The option of attacking and/or killing police officers

A game prop called Fag Hunter (depicted as bald, unshaven men wearing pink dresses).

Decapitating people with shovels or similar weapons (katana, machete etc.) and kicking the heads about.

Setting people on fire with a variety of methods, from gasoline and matches, to molotov cocktails and napalm launchers or even the kicking about of burning heads.

Playing "fetch" with dogs using the severed heads of slain police officers

The ability to urinate on bystanders to make them vomit in disgust. As cops will eat food items dropped by the player, urinating on a food item that is subsequently eaten by a cop will make the cop regurgitate.

The use of cats as silencers for shotguns and machine guns by pushing the barrel of the gun into its rectum.

Crack coc aine "health" pipes that can be smoked in order to boost Dude's health

Im I being overly sensitive to be unamused by the content of this "game"?

Whats more, it appears that the game is not banned due to "Freedom of Speech" laws. Browsing the internet you see mostly raving fans of the game.

What do people think about this stuff being programmed into our minds?

Yeah...you're probably right on this one. However, I did laugh when you mentioned using cats as a silencer. That's downright creative. LOL. But, you do have a definite point.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

And the problem is? I found nothing wrong with all the details of the game you described.

Cops can be a pain in the @$$, real crimes happen, and they tend to always be in the wrond place at the wrong time, "usually on radar patrol" or "looking for expired tags or inspection stickers"...

All the while behind the radar gun, "which as we all know is the best way for a state to earn extra revenue" some guy is bold enough to walk into a bank with no mask and casually stroll right out with a shirt full of money...

Why not patrol banks you ask? It's way too boring to add a bank drive by on the list of I want to be a pain in the @$$ to tax paying citizens as a power tripping cop agenda.

GTA does the same thing, by simulating the ability to go balls out and kill cops with whatever weapons the player can get ahold of...

Basically it's all harmless, if a kid grows up thinking this is reality, then his screws are loose already, and he's pretty much going to end up as nothing much or dead or in jail...

I really hate it when video games are cast in a bad light because of the content, movies have way more potential to harm and they are depicted in lifelike situations, but movies never come under fire, way is that?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

And Come on, don't tell me you've never felt at one time like pissing on someone's corpse?

There are some real $hi*heads in the world...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
uh oh we maybe in trouble now, running with scissors is making a postal three!
it comes out next year sometime? not sure

Skyfloating will love this one, you get a remote controlled lab test monkey and.. a badgersaw!
i want a badgersaw!
you also get segways

oh yeah, hi ATS, thought i'd make this my first post here, since i love violent video games, and i'm apparently a psychopath and a sick,sick person because i liked this game.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by demongoat]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by Skyfloating

movies never come under fire, way is that?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Not exactly a new release...nor did it really get that much attention truthfully because as a kid I would have probably wanted to try it out but I didnt hear about it until early this year.

It's graphics are lame and its quite unrealistic...You mind as well go back to how the Doom game had no affect at all over the Columbine attack. Video games have had violence for at least over a decade now and theres just no proof these games have any influence on crime and homicide rates. You don't get an accurate account by hearing about the game either until you play for yourself (although I haven't played this game and this game inparticular seems over the top crazy because the 1st one was). Its a video game. What's next...books? movies? There's been violence in books and movies for at least a century now. C'mon now...

Games dont kill people. People with enough hate for the world and guns kill people.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
people should have the sense ton know that its, well, A GAME!!!

If people cant figure that out for themselves, we are all doomed !!!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by duble0peter

wow what a balanced and well thought response.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

If there is indeed no correlation between being shown something repeatedly and acting on it, I rest my case.

But there is also the possibility that your mind is capable of discerning fantasy from reality...but not other peoples minds, much less the mind of a child - which is why we call children impressionable.

From personal expererience I remember watching batman as a kid, and then climbing on a tree in a batman-cape, trying to imitate him by jumping off the tree. I broke my arm.

The first sex I saw on TV as a kid had me get all excited and want to go out and do it.

And...no long term effects? Some movie scenes, such as those from an older movie featuring giant violent spiders I saw at the age of 8, had me suspcious of spiders until long into my 20s.

Then you must have been very easy to influence as a boy without much guidance from your parents.

One could also see these games as a mental "vaccin"; a player would experience all these horrible things in a simulation and thinks about it, not to considering doing it for real but in a way that it is something not part of his or her real world. All this violence becomes unrealistic to the mind and rejects it because of that.

If you consider this game to be poison to the mind, then this whole world is poisonous and you'd better live somewhere very remote to prevent your kids seeing it. Better to prepare the mind of the many horrors of this world through a videogame than anything else.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Back when I was young I played cute little games such as Nintendos Super Mario

Do you feel any of the eat magic mushrooms and stomp on turtles "programming"?

I couldn't resist but, "If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music!".

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A Wise Sage Once made The Observation "Opinions Are Like Assholes"

That being said it apperas that the majority of dialogue on this topic is universally opined. There is in the realm of proven studies countless records that substantiate that the personality is malable and can be altered. The military has understood this for decades and utilized real-time interactive game-play successfully to this end. They have found its merits two-fold: to train optical motor-brain skills to respond while programming the mind to become desensitized to the graphic nature of the reality of war.

Anyone with a cursory understanding of basic psychology can grasp why these types of interactions are causitive and detrimental.

I challenge anyone to point to one school slaughter on the level of what we see consistantly in todays news before violent media-television-music and video play?

Now list how many we have had in the last 20 years and increasingly as the Westerm world has come almost to the point of being unable to distinguish reality from fantasy.

As for those who cite the violence of stomping cartoon turtles and hammering cute animals into gold pieces: how do you compare that with blowing a human forms brains out or beating a character of another person into mush with an axe?

The games we grew up with really were harmless and were of a different nature and I am convinced were created as entertainment.
They were not suspect of some lasting negativity any more Popeye the 3 Stooges or Looney Toons. However science has long proven the more realistic the visual stimulus and audio stimulus is the more of an effect it does have on the brain itself.

This is the way the mind operates period.

I am guilty of blowing away thousands of enemies, blowing up thousands of tanks, shooting down thousands of planes at the local arcade just like most of the readers here: Yes it was part of outr culture and it was fun!
I never had the chance to stroll through my victims guts, desecrate their corpses or watch a slow motion replay of their brains splattering.

We heard this same debate on smoking for years and for decades the tobacco companies were above serious investigation. They pumped hundreds of millions into lobbying and controlled the AMA without challenge. It was not uncommon to find even MDs who promoted having a smooth smoke as a way to relax and enjoy life.

In the same way the hundreds of independent studies on the topic are quickly swept away by the power of the gaming industry who have the means to both push their wares and promote their own studies.

Its the fox watching the henhouse.

Time always brings the truth to light: and the same thing will happen with the Video game industry. As long as parents are ignorant or don't give a damn kids will play this #. As long as the industry can pad the pockets of those in legistlation they will continue to push this poison on society. As long as the 1st ammendment protects everything without scrutiny the Western society will reap the fruit of these worthless seeds.

Just like with music-and all media video gaming is literally slowly but surely shaping our society in thought and ultimately our actions.

BRAZEN-SERPENT

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Your opinion is fundamentally wrong:

People become formed by their environment while simultaneously forming their environment. I am 45 and when I was growing up kids didnt kill each other gangs were not an epidemic and you did not have to pass through a metal detector to go to class.

This world has been transformed through thought and deed over the last 2-3 decades Where do I start TV? Jerry Springer sums it up best ...pure worthless trash. Movies?? Saw 1 Saw 2, 3,4,5,,6,7,8, Friday the 13th how many now 20?? Muisc?? RAP!! Songs about killing people raping women selling by milllions?

Videos gaming is just the latest poison in our waters. People are not born desensitized to reality or unfeeling and disconnected enough to senselessly slaughter their peers and neighbors. It is causitive and that being said preventable.

But it is all these elements which are the problem not video gaming by itself. The worst truth is the real FAULT is on society itself to have allowed it to happen. We are all to blame in the end if we are not aware and do our part to make a difference.

Its indifference and ignorance: attitudes like yours that are most dangerous.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

You really should go study cognitive psychology.
If you want to chime in at least be informed.

BRAZEN-SERPENT

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Chess???

Your kidding right.

How weak the arguments of the ignorant.

BRAZEN-SERPENT

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

I am much more concerned how many people do find this "Gameplay" acceptable or even enjoyable. Its a damning testimony against what Western society has become.

BRAZEN-SERPENT

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

I know the guys who created Doom personally. They lived in Dallas when I was there and they officed in the same building. I know for a fct that they were commissioned by the US military to develop a "Doom-Style" simulator for training Marines. They did that because they know it works.
Television has been used to indoctrinate and shape the way people think and act for decades. It was developed by the military for psychological warfare. Did you ever wonder why television shows are called PROGRAMS?

Go study the Tavistock institute on the web.

These processes ONLY effect those who have a propensity toward the behaviour just as some people can drink alcohol and not become mentally effected. Another takes 1 drink and becomes another personality.

BRAZEN-SERPENT

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join