It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maitreya Metatron and the new world religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
its not off topic,
to understand something as maitreya,
you have to understand god, truth

how do you want to recognise evil,
if you dont know what good is.

people always try to find the devil,
when the devil is the gift you get when you pick the wrong god.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

There is more to add to the apparent discrepancy between the prophecies of the Maitreya Buddha, the 5th Buddha, returning millions of years hence, i.e. when Buddhism is no longer taught, and why the Christ today can truthfully claim the name Maitreya. But to understand it some basic concepts have to be understood.

First of all, the Esoteric Wisdom says that we as human beings are made up of several different aspects of being, seven in total but most of the world today is focussed on just the two lowest aspects of our being:

1. We have the physical form, the one that touches the physical world. This is the manifested world of matter, the body that is conceived, grows, born, lives and dies, to be returned back to the dust from which it was.

2. We also have our emotional body, the body that feels, and reacts on the astral plane of desire.

3. And above our feelings is our mental body, the part of our being that thinks. It's on these mental planes of nature where great thoughts and concepts live, waiting for people to come into contact with them. This lower portion of ourselves is known as our ephemeral selves, the personality that is born and dies with time. This lower portion of our being is also known as the lower triad.

4...Above this is where our Soul exists, the intuitive nature of our being. But the Soul itself is but an reflection of our true Being: the Spark of Life or True Spirit that can only manifest on the physical plane by means of reflection through the Soul.

Modern day Theosophy also says that each time we die a single atom from each of the planes in the lower triad is "brought up" into the Soul realm where, when conditions permit, they will serve towards building the next incarnation. These are the permanent atoms of our being. When the Soul needs to incarnate again the matter of the three respective planes of nature begin to gather around these three atoms and they are therefore used by the Soul as a central core from which the next three bodies are formed.

So why is the Christ returning as the Maitreya Buddha?

First of all, the Christ and the Buddha are said to be two of the greatest Sons of God that have ever walked this Earth. Together they went through initiation after initiation until finally they both became Masters of Wisdom and began an involvement with Earth from a much higher realm.

The Buddha was the first Great Bodhisattva of the world. A Master of Masters, a Teacher of Teachers. However this Office or position needed fulfillment because the Buddha is said the have left the Earth Scheme for the Sirius System, our Sun's counterpart in the Cosmos (Sirius bears the same relationship to our Sun as the Soul does to the personality, but on a much higher scale). There is legend, and who can really say if not's true, that once a year, during the Full Moon Wesak Festival, the Buddha returns to a valley in the Himalayas and blesses our Earth.

The Christ became the Bodhisattva of the World at about 600 BC and He's held this position ever since. In July, 1945, He announced that He would once again return to the world of everyday and take up His place as the World Teacher.

Now there are said to be three different ways that a Master like this can reappear in the world:
1. by overshadowing a disciple,
2. by physical birth,
3. by direct will.
It's this latter method, very rare, that the Christ is said to have accomplished sometime between 1945 and 1977 when He build what is called a Mayavarupa.

To build such a form the Christ used the three permanent atoms that the Buddha left behind so long a ago. Hence the Christ is also known as the Maitreya Buddha.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I really, really like Metatron's Cube for a variety of reasons...by providing a geometric lattice from which the platonic solids can be extracted, it shows how one dimension can be "unpaked" into a higher dimension through the activity of perception...."all is mind." It is associated with very profound late-antique and medieval philosophical speculation, such as how it could be possible to create "something from nothing," and higher-order fimensions from lower dimensions.

I really hope Benny Creme and the rest of the Lucius trust/Blavatrsky crowd don't get their greasy little hands all over this concept. These people sicken me and they have basically cut a crude swath through Western esoterica, ruining everything they touch.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Silent Thunder, you'd probably like this video:Sacred Geometry 101E: Metatron's Cube.

"Consciousness is the ground of all being"
- Amit Goswami

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__
Silent Thunder, you'd probably like this video:Sacred Geometry 101E: Metatron's Cube.

"Consciousness is the ground of all being"
- Amit Goswami

Thanks for the link...I have seen it before and even carried on limited correspondence with the author. I wish he'd make more films..

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
METATRON!?

WE GOTTA WARN SHIA LABOUAF and get bumblebee here to back us up.

PS. Im Sorry

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

There is legend, and who can really say if not's true, that once a year, during the Full Moon Wesak Festival, the Buddha returns to a valley in the Himalayas and blesses our Earth.

Take this for what it is, but it is very true. Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I am curious silent thunder, which parts of Western esoterica do you believe the Creme/Lucis Trust/Blavatsky crowd are ruining? Do you have any examples?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I am curious silent thunder, which parts of Western esoterica do you believe the Creme/Lucis Trust/Blavatsky crowd are ruining? Do you have any examples?

i am so sick of new age hippy Bullsh!# let me tell you have of the stuff you hear from a new age sounds wise but its not correct very wrong and is just made to agree with everybody, to be able to combine religions and be so open that it litterally can t be proven or right, universal truth isnt measured in mass appeal, you canty just go with something because it agrees with everybody, can you?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

All that nonsense about "Koot Hoomi" and pseudo-Tibetan experience of Blavatsky is what initially turned me off. The Theosophical theories about root races and Atlantas, Lemuria, etc. are "modern mythology."

Now, I have nothing against mythology per se, nor esotericism. But I prefer mine to be served cold. These things need to get some time on them. When I read esoterica (eastern or western) I basically don't bother with anything less than, say, 300-500 years old.

You want to understand Rosicrucianism or alchemy? Great! Go to the source: the original writings. Read mediveal mystics of every stripe, read the writers of lant antiquity, the original hermetics (NOT the Kybalon, written 1912). the old gnostics, etc.

The Theosophical movement and those that stem from it (Lucius Trust, Creme, etc) have basically taken a bunch of very profound Asian and Western Esoteric doctrines and garbled them all together. They have butchered translations, made up stuff when it suits them, and brought odd Victorian-era concepts to bear which have little to do with the original topics. You want to read about Maitreya? Great! Go to the original Asian sources, like sutras written 2000 years ago. Whatever Creme has done with this word has very little bearing on its true meaning within the context of Mahayana Buddhism. And I could easily see these people distorting ideas about Metatron and Metatron's Cube in the same way.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Fair enough. Almost all of what Blavatsky presented through theosophy, however, is not new. You must know this. It stems almost directly from Hindu mythology, it's just couched in new terms.

You say that they (western Theosophy) has "butchered" translations of "profound Asian and Western Esoteric doctrines". Again, fair enough, though I'm at a bit of a loss as to which western esoteric doctrines you're talking about. Anyways, I don't see this as butchering at all. I see these translations as the silver lining that binds the myths together. Surely it couldn't be possible to butcher anymore some the doctrine and dogma that the Church has done with thier interpretations of the Bible. The Church has done a good enough job of that themselves with all their dogma re the devil and the burning fires of hell.

But we're all entitled to our own opinion and I've read your posts before and, with the exception of the subject at hand, I usually agree whole heartedly with what you have to say. You do, however, say that if we want to learn about these teachers then we should go to the source. But what if the source is right here right now? What if these advanced bodhisattvas, buddhas, masters and teachers of the race are working among us today? And, like so many teachers of the past, are working through disciples like Blavatsky, Bailey and Creme? If this is truly the case then "you" may have to wait another "300-500 years" before you can read this as a source.

Anyways, thanks for answering my question.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

I am aware that every age produces people of wisdom and advanced souls. I also believe, however, that for every one of these, there are hundreds if not thousands of charlatans.

I think time is a great filter. If the words of a given master or tradition have been passed down several 1000 years, I see a much greater chance of them having relevance and meaning than, say, something hot off the presses. This is not an infallible filter, but given the fact that I have a limited amount of time to examine a seemingly endless flood of information, I think "the test of time" is a relatively stong one.

Now, some would consider this attitude overly cautious, not instinctual enough, relying on the dust of the past in radically changed contexts, etc. All of these are possible dangers. But I still think its best, safest, and most effective to rely on ancient practivces and texts rather than modern "gurus" and their pronouncements. There are risks run by following both methods, but the risks seem slighter with ancient texts and rituals.

I also dislike religious/spiritual "movements" that bring together vast numbers of people. My path has always been solitary practice...in mountain caves, closets, and bedrooms with the doors closed. I would never claim this is "the only way," but I do think there is a pronounced tendency for pathological and unhealthy forms of devotion, guru worship, etc, to develop around "living masters" and "new traditions." If you find it to be different for you then my best wishes. "Many roads, one mountain," as the Zen people say.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Metatron? Sounds like some kind've cartoon run on San Francisco Public Access Television.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join