It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus A Buddhist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Your OP asked :Was Jesus A Buddhist?

There seems to be quite a body of anecdotal evidence that the historical Jesus spent at least some of his time 'hanging about' in Kashmir/N. India.

For instance -

Living With The Himalayan Masters

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f1a50472e1f.jpg[/atsimg]
Sou rce : Amazon.com

This is a collection of traditional Hindu 'teaching stories,' or parables as we know them here in the West. The style strikes me as being quite similar to that of the Sufi stories of the same genre - almost always humorous, somtimes even wildly so, and always with a deeply mystical moral or ethic.

They are passed down from master to disciple, and in the case of the lineage of this particular collection, I am sure they quite easily go back to the time of Christ ( and far, far before that ... ).

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Sure Yahshua was a Buddhist..... that's why He was beaten then crucified naked on a tree. Bad Karma..... or something like that.... you know He had it comin'....... right?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's no so much that I am disagreeing with you. But I think in the end, all things have a purpose and reason. And the "bad" things are in fact part of the purpose and needed for growth.

I believe it is in the Hindu religion that at the end of each age the demons and angel types hug each other, because this is just a school.

It was actually the "bad" things in this world that got me to do more than any good things. So I recognize these things, and I would have to shake the hand of the evil of this world and thank them for what they have shown me.

But I believe it to be wisdom to understand that, but then make the choice towards good, or more appropriately "freedom/love". Of course, real freedom can only come from understanding, even if we think we are free. It seems to me, that is the "purpose" of it, to gain that wisdom and understanding.

In the end, all things of the father will return to the father, no exceptions. But the joy of "life" is in the learning itself, and the journey back I find. I see the goal to not so much return to that, but to understand that while still in the "experience mode" of self.

It is my understanding that I can not return to "that" and still exist like "this", because my entire limited perspective required for this experience/reality is then lost. The deepest I was able to go was to where there were only 2 beings in existence, me and the father. And the reason I could not go beyond that point was the above - all sense of "self" would be lost. It was however offered to me, and I know that I will eventually do that.

I generally consider talking of the higher levels where good and evil serve the same purpose to be a slippery slope. I realize that, but only 1 is for "me". Because how can I expect to experience a society/place where there is no theft, if I am myself a thief? As I have the ability to understand that, I feel the need to use it.

I look for the day when someone like Jesus or Buddha and types like that are the norm, rather than the exception. That is my goal, my wish, my hope, my faith.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Great way to put the question. Putting the question like this is so great because its the type of question that leads to the real answers.

In essence yes, but perhaps more accurately he was a shamen. Indefinately he was an initiate into the mystic societies.

In my opinion the remnants of the very first shamanic cultures are what we reffer to as the powers that be today. Thusly, it is no co-incidence nearly every notable religion in the world from the big 6 to the most obscure and the secret societies and esoteric sects all share the same symbology and inner teachings and higher knowledge.

It all comes down to knowledge which has been procured in the infinite innerspace of the mind by entering altered states. By attaining balance we get the kundalani energy and this is the key to the astral realms where any info can be found (the mid point between being asleep and awake, hypnogogic, the point between life and death are good examples of points of balance that can open the third eye and more).

Thus its more like this.... Buddah, Christ, Mohammed, Quazacotl, Krishna, etc..... are all actually shamen. Ironically therefore they are all pagan earth religions wheter the followers like it or not. Classic PTB divide and conquer tactics at play. They figure the truth is freely available (it really is if you have the mental composure to go journeying in the astral, put shortly its too messed up for most to take) unless they actaully give people their version of the truth.

Notice the stories of Christ and his related symbology....

The crucifiction, firstly, he is on a cross, this makes no sense, it just wasnt common at the time. The cross is representing north south east west and is Sun symbology, the Sun is so important to the Illuminatists because obviously the Sun gives life, but more importantly the Inner Sun that is enlightenment in humans.
He is often portrayed covered in blood. This is representative of menstraul blood, yup, the shamen saw that things worked in cycles and thought.... we are born in blood, thus Christ representing rebirth is covered in blood. He has a crown of thorns, actually representing a halo (crowns in fact represent this same thing, the people who ran the world, kings and queens were shamanic) which represents kundalani awakening the 7th chakra (7 days of the week, ending in Sun day, the beginning of the week is Monday, moon day, Jesus was the "Sun" of God it goes on like this ad infinitum). See how many light auras around crowns of heads you can see in artwork representing characters throughout history.
He is injured by a spear in his side. This represents "holy fire", the kundalani energy that is the inner sun. If it does not reach the crown chakra right away one goes through enormous burning pain (in the realor astral realm) which in modern days is represented by angels sticking you with a burning sword, or an alien probing your spine.
He is pinned in his hands and feet. Now we hear such contrived # from the mainstream historians and media. They say quite rationally "they could not have nailed his palms as they wouldant support the weight". This is what the majority of us are like,we try and peice together bits of a puzzle when we would do better trying to take on the whole thing at once. Observe perhaps a meridian line sheet or something and you will see energy nodes where?

Is anyone enjoying this? If so I will continue with the taking of bread and wine etc...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I need to point out one thing, as it's a pet peeve of mine.

Jesus Christ wasn't like His first name and last name. Jesus the Christ is more like it. On top of that, he wasn't revealing Himself as the Christ until after his time in Asia.

I doubt you would find that it was recorded anywhere as Jesus Christ unless it was written well after the Bible was published world wide.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
I need to point out one thing, as it's a pet peeve of mine.

Jesus Christ wasn't like His first name and last name. Jesus the Christ is more like it. On top of that, he wasn't revealing Himself as the Christ until after his time in Asia.

I doubt you would find that it was recorded anywhere as Jesus Christ unless it was written well after the Bible was published world wide.

So, you're basically saying that the Buddhists probably stole Jesus from the Christians, rather than the Christians probably stole Jesus from the Buddhists, right ?

Just checking ...

edit for spelling

[edit on 19-8-2009 by visible_villain]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

Please continue.
I find it very interesting what you have to say.

I'm just not so sure about kings being shamans. Seems like the crown of the king is just representing the power of the shaman, but its no more than that: a representation of power. It doesn't mean in my perspective that the king has the shamans powers.

What would you say?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I used to have a QiGong teacher that said Jesus was a QiGong Master.

Heshua Bin-Pendeara was his real name, so I have heard, no proof mind you.

Also Christ is a state of being, so I've heard.

But I definetly do not buy the Bible version, of the story.

How about some stars & flags for the OP?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by cindymars]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hubby goes to a get a massage once a week, due to injuries.
His massager, Jen, has a client that is a nun, out of the blue (sorry this is second hand) she pipes up and says to Jen:
"You know, for all that time that Jesus was missing, I really believe that He was in India, it makes sense". So we have a nun that sees common sense really. But no Church... which is why I dont understand, if he was in India, when we really think about the big scheme of things, it changes NOTHING. Why are the church getting so upset over something that is of no importance (in the big picture, albeit it would be nice to study him from an Indian spiritual perspective).

Sorry if this has already been said.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
yeah it always makes me laugh how the teachings of jesus are so very different from religious people you meet today. they do not practice any of his teachings, really.

they judge others who dont believe the same as they do, they dont love their neighbor, they dont practice peace in a meaningful way...

i just dont see how they took something like the bible that couldve been a great tool for the world and turned it into something hideous.

Who are "they" ? You judge everyone and make out your better. Are you God? Do you love your neighbour and practice peace everywhere? Walk carefully least your pride swallows you up.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I have heard this theory before. However, if they recorded his name as Jesus Christ, it was NOT him. Christ is Not his last name. Christ is latin for Messhiach or Messiah, it is not a name.
As to the other guy who said there was no time for him to learn Buddhism in India. There are around a decade or so of missing years in the any writings about Jesus. Scholars do not know what he did or where he was during those years. So, it is possible.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
reply to post by Majestic23

Please continue.
I find it very interesting what you have to say.

I'm just not so sure about kings being shamans. Seems like the crown of the king is just representing the power of the shaman, but its no more than that: a representation of power. It doesn't mean in my perspective that the king has the shamans powers.

What would you say?

Yes thanks Gela that is what I was trying to get across. I should have made that more clear. The crown is symbolic of the power of kundalani awakening. Its is arguable wheter or not the bloodline royalty of today still have such knowledge or practise the occcult or shamanism, quite a few sources would indicate that they do but personally I doubt it. Either way the people behind them most definately do.

However I do believe that the royalty of ancient times were actually practicising meditation and astral projection.

I would say the best example would probably be early Egyptian pharoes. Lets take a look at their crown.

Compare with a modern one.

Curious how they cottened onto the gold as control thing so early. Spiritually gold is very important and alchemy is concerned with purifyication of physical matter, to to lead into gold, and soul alchemy can be represented in the same context. They control physcial gold they control us physically. they control spiritual gold they control us spiritually.

Back to the point notice the snake eminating from the crown. Snakes are so often connected with esoterica and religion and royalty because they represent forbidden knowledge as they often appear as teachers in the astral realms.
In this case the snake is representing the third eye chakra opening.
Pyramids themselves representing many things. Practically they are meditation chambers, they map out the pineal gland in relation to the brain...

The human chakras...

They also exist on ley lines and one of the Earths own chakras.

Within them are the secrets to sacred geometry. They (along with the Nile) map out the stars.

They are in effect the real "star gate" to the astral realms.

I would hazard a guess that this was what shook Napoleon up so much when he spent the night in the kings chamber.

And so we see this continued to today. The "all seeing eye" on the back of the dollar actually being the capstone, the crown, the third eye opening and the kundalani reaching the highest chakra. Notice how the capstone floats above the pyramid like the 7th chakra in humans.

I digress, back to Jesus Christ, or as others have pointed out, the Chirst consciousness avatar (and alllllll the rest of em!).

Now, knowledge of the dualistic forced that make up reality at every level was well known and most older religion represented this. The Sun and the Moon were the first things noticed to represent this on a macro level ( I believe this to be based on highly accurate knowledge, sacred geometry plays out beautifully in our solar system, look at the fractals and the awesome and perfect geometry that the planets run on, check it!

).

Thuss the god and goddess as definable characters were very popular. For some reason, probably greater control and order and because of the male energy epoch we are in now the Illuminatists or at least there forebears did away with worshipping the female side of duality and the the Moon goddess went out of the window and the Sun God was chosen to be the main and only player.

So characters like Jesus have things like "born on Sunday (sun day) the "new" day of rest" ascribed to them.

And so the world religions have one piece of the puzzle, the Illuminartists circumvent bad karma by laying things in plain sight. But it is all one sided, no balance = no enlightenment for the masses suckers, maternal energy is needed for a balanced and happy world. We see God is almost always thought of as adrogynous being an enlightened combination of male and female energy. We see the Illuminatis grandpappys give us God, Jesus (god on earth incarnate) but no female catalyst, females have a more powerful kundalani potential than males but they are not represented by modern religions.

And so, we have a ritual that Jesus once described. The original ritual represented the wine as menstraul blood. Blood has life force energy (the elixir of life was purportedly said to have a main ingredient snake/menstraul blood of all things) and was literally drunk by some shamanic cultures. However the Illuminati changed that, edited the female influence out.
Esoterically the the wine and bread consuming Christ thing also signified unification and balance. Physical bread, spiritual blood, makes the world go round.

Iam rambling a bit now dude, Ill try and hit this subject with more vigour and be more concise tommorow.

.........but before I go I forgot to mention, in relation to the Jesus character being crucified/resurected in the symbolistic rebirth ritual. He was believed to have died at the point of a solar eclipse!

You dont get more balance than that, its ying yang as you can get, the sun and the moon, the star crossed lovers meeting together in balance! It carries on, tantric lovemaking represents this unity just like the Sun and Moon getting together and tantra is all about.......enlightenment and rebirth! The universe is a the greatest love story ever!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

"Heshua Bin-Pendeara was his real name, so I have heard, no proof mind you."

Jesus is latin for Joshua. Yeshuah is Hebrew for Joshua. His earthly father's (if you're a believer or father if you're not) name was Joseph. So, his name was probably:
Yeshuah Ben-Yuseph.

Ben is Hebrew for "Son" or "Son of". Pretty much the same in Arabic (Ben or Iben).

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I think this could be the case. I had seen a documentary on this on the history channel or something.
One of the claims was that he left Palestine and is buried in India (i think). There is a tomb, with hand and feet marks, which have distinctive holes/marks on them.

Any idea where this tomb is, it would be interesting to visit.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
there were lots of people called "jesus" back then. its just a coincidence. the people in israel said "is this not the carpenters son?" because he was just a regular carpenter until he received the power of the Spirit on a 40 day fast at the age of 30. Then he revealed that he was God's son.

Eh? So the Jesus in the bible might not be THE Jesus then?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Well I suppose Jesus got his class from somewhere.
Imagine that; proof that he is not only: NOT the son of God, and was taught by Buddhist sages!!!
Interesting concept!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Christianity, Islam and Judaism are linked, why not Buddhism? Doesn't this weaken their argument for being THE religion? Why would characters from one religion appear in the text of another, if their religion was the one true religion?

Another nail in the theists coffin.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by mithrawept]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

I will answer you with: You are correct that Judaism, Islam and Christianity share a common link.
If you are interested do some reserch on buddhism; you will find it is linked to Hinduism rather than the intolerent three mentioned above.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by mithrawept

I will answer you with: You are correct that Judaism, Islam and Christianity share a common link.
If you are interested do some reserch on buddhism; you will find it is linked to Hinduism rather than the intolerent three mentioned above.

But they all share a common link. Numerous ones infact. They were all originated by the ancestors of the people that are the secret government. In fact I am finding it impossible to find any religion of note that does not share the same intinsic teachings in various forms.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i knew there was proof somewhere of his existence.
so take that non believers, all you doughting thomas,
and atheists. actual records. documented. like i needed it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join