It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call to Republicans and Conservatives

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I don't get it, why are you all arguing over party divide, where is there any difference between Obama and Bush, where is the Change he promised?

He's changed nothing!

He hasn't fixed anything, he hasn't removed any of Bush's nightmare changes, he hasn't moved the country in any new direction.
He's continued riling up the people with bad decisions and obscure ones.

There shouldn't be any party divide. If anything Democrats who voted him in are now wondering just what the hell is going on!

In was a big supporter of Obama from across the pond, I really bought into the message of change and hope. But you know what? He's just another political puppet working for the corporate giants.
He's done nothing worthy of comment, he hasn't delivered on ANYTHING.

Wake up already! Your great "hope" for "change" was a ploy, it was a lie, nothing has changed and you're all stuck in the same hole Bush dug for you.

I've no doubt Obama had some good intentions, but he found out the truth when he took office. The truth is your country is controlled and manipulated by wealthy elites, and the man at the big desk is their puppet, bought and paid for.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
All I read was:

waah waah waah

Stop picking on poor old Mr. Obama! It's not fair that no one likes him!

Hrmmm

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Amen to that. I love how we just stopped talking about the WAR as well .. odds are at this rate they will be the talking point in 2012 "I promise to bring our troops home". I can hear it already.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by detachedindividual

Amen to that. I love how we just stopped talking about the WAR as well .. odds are at this rate they will be the talking point in 2012 "I promise to bring our troops home". I can hear it already.

Also stopped talking about record foreclosures, higher unemployment, or anything else bad. All we hear about now are angry right wing white citizens who are probably racist.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Whew! This thread is a bit confusing, but I did want to say that I agree with your post. But I wouldn't limit it to Republicans and conservatives. I think there are a lot of improvement to be made all across the political board.

I agree.

Regardless of whether you are Liberal or Moderate or Conservative, Democratic, Independent, Republican or Libertarian, we are all Americans and should start acting like Americans and come together and participate in the Democratic Process, and if the process which has sustained this nation for 233 years and counting is FUBAR'd then we should work together to fix it.

(And we understand if the Anarchists sit it out...that's what they do all the time.)

However, when Crisis faces Americans, Americans must answer the call...it is no longer a Party Issue but an American Issue.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You have not answered the simple question .. does "working together" equal supporting the Presidents plans even though we may disagree with them?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
you know what? i will pitch in and support the dems when they stp wasting money and stop growing government and stop trying to run the healthcare system and provide tort reform and stop listening to the whacko environmentalist and let us drill locally and when they stop pushing the "green" agenda and when they GET RID OF NANCY PELOSI AND BARNEY "QUEEN" FRANKS.
so how about you libs and dems suck it up and tell your leaders to get on this little laundry list i just gave you...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Wake up already! Your great "hope" for "change" was a ploy, it was a lie, nothing has changed and you're all stuck in the same hole Bush dug for you.

I've no doubt Obama had some good intentions, but he found out the truth when he took office. The truth is your country is controlled and manipulated by wealthy elites, and the man at the big desk is their puppet, bought and paid for.

He wasn't my great "hope" for "change", but he was to many of my fellow Americans. And yes, he is stuck in the same hole that not just Bush dug for us, but Eisenhower unwittingly started digging and then warned us about when his Presidency was over. Every President since Eisenhower has helped dig that hole deeper and deeper, whether they were Republican or Democrat.

I also have no doubts that Obama had the best of intentions. I earnestly believe he was naive and idealistic and once he took Office got a rude awakening to reality.

The Presidency in the United States isn't supposed to be a Autocracy. They aren't supposed to have all the power. They are supposed to lead, however. However, I don't see Obama, just as his predecessors, doing much leading. With Bush we could joke about Cheney pulling the strings, but with Obama we can't do that with Biden. Regardless of who is in control, Obama has certainly become emasculated since taking Office.

Now that you mention it, maybe I should have initially included Obama in the call to show a backbone and give us some leadership.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
My head hurts from this thread. This is all gibberish.

Let's have this discussion after the 2010 elections. It is time to clean house on both sides of the aisle. Out with the career politicians, Out with the cronies, Out with the corruption, Shut down the lobbyists.

It is time to represent the people again. We need fresh faces and new ideas. The new freshmen on the hill know what this is all about. The fat cats never give these guys a chance.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by there once was a man
you know what? i will pitch in and support the dems when they stp wasting money and stop growing government and stop trying to run the healthcare system and provide tort reform and stop listening to the whacko environmentalist and let us drill locally and when they stop pushing the "green" agenda and when they GET RID OF NANCY PELOSI AND BARNEY "QUEEN" FRANKS.
so how about you libs and dems suck it up and tell your leaders to get on this little laundry list i just gave you...

That's just it. The Minority that represents less than 2/5 of Congress can't have it on their terms. You can't make demands.

Likewise, no Congress is going to give a Vote of No Confidence to another Senator or Representative. You can't demand something unrealistic. That's not how negotiation works. You can't ask for a Trillion Dollars and a jet ready for take off when not only do you have no hostages to negotiate with, but you know that the Hostage Negotiators can't give you a Trillion Dollars even if you did. You just can't just make your cooperation in the Democratic Process dependent upon the removal of those who are duly elected into Office. Like it or not, they are there. You have to learn to deal with it.

However, I totally agree that those Democrats do have a spending problem. They mean well and want to do what is the Majority of the American People's Will, but they aren't the best managers of money. That is where the Republicans and other Conservatives come in. You guys don't necessarily have bleeding hearts or care about the little guy, but you are darned good with managing money (which is why Republicans are probably not very empathetic towards those who aren't).

You can't stop Health Care Reform from happening, but you can influence what it entails and you can influence how much it is going to cost the American people. But to do such, you have to come to the table without terms and without demands. You have to be diplomatic and offer to help, and then give your input and help out in those unique ways that make Republicans who they are.

No one is excluding you from the Democratic Process but yourselves. Not only have you been invited to partake, but this thread is urging you to. Of course, you don't have to participate, but if you aren't going to help out then what relevance do you have to the American people?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
NO is becoming pretty popular lately! Just within the last hour I have seen 2 commercials emphasizing NO. The Vonage commercial, and the Kelloggs commercial. I think this is being spurned on by the popular move by the Republicans saying NO to Mr. Obama's outrageous spending and government power grab.

Republicans have got to learn that when we try to work with Democrats we always get the shaft. Remember "Read my Lips?" That was a classic example of a weak Republican compromises with Democrats....and we all know how that turned out.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
*** I'll keep my guns
and my health care...

*** You can KEEP THE CHANGE!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

B.S If anyone has done ANY research on Obama, and the people he has associated himself with, not to mention the people he STILL associates with, and watched his campaign speeches....he told the American people EXACTLY what he was going to do...

There was no good intention, there was no misguided, the guy made it plain as day what plans he was intent on implementing YOU JUST WERENT LISTENING!

This thread is a farce , we as Americans do not have to console ANY loss to a tyrant and to a man that threatens the very foundation this nation is built on. It is the people on the left who should start looking at those of us who are on the non partisan side of this SCREAMING that this man is destroying our country...

Maybe it is YOUR party that should be taking a step back and a good look at what is REALLY going on.

Unity? I agree, take a breath, step back from the flame you are standing too close to, quit trying to call everyone sore losers, quit playing the partisan politics........and look at what is really going on with this man and our country. Unite with US

p.s. as to the post you made about Thomas Jefferson thinking we are terrorist if he was alive, ill leave you with a few quotes

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. "

"“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.”

“Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...”

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Learn your Thomas Jefferson.......

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Some of my favorite Thomas Jefferson Quotes:

- We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debt, as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our calling and our creeds...[we will] have no time to think, no means of calling our miss-managers to account but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers... And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for[ another]... till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery... And the fore-horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression.

- Question with boldness even the existence of a God

- The system of banking [is] a blot left in all our Constitutions, which, if not covered, will end in their destruction... I sincerely believe that banking institutions are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity... is but swindling futurity on a large scale.

Why do we have "History" lessons in school if we don't learn from this history. We are doomed to repeat ourselves yet again!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

Originally posted by there once was a man

That's just it. The Minority that represents less than 2/5 of Congress can't have it on their terms. You can't make demands.

then tell me please, if "we" can't make demands then why haven't the dems signed this stupid health care bill already?
they CAN do it without the repubs can't they?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Power in the USA does not reside with the President anymore. Or Congress.
Or even the Supreme Court.

The power lies with those that run Democratic and Republican parties.

Between them they maintain the status quo.

While they still have any power the status quo will remain.

And so will the problems that plague our country.

The pointless bickering and insult fests that distract and divide you will continue... they'll be encouraged and managed and spun and exploited.

If you really want a solution to any of this, maybe you might want to consider renouncing your "political party" affiliations?

Or have they done such a bang up job that they in any way deserve your support?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hi, I heard a call, but I'm not of either party. I'm a rebel; maybe a free Man.

I wish I could share in encouraging the conservatives to join with the liberals, but I cannot. First, our entire ideology is skewed. Really what is the real meaning of either one? There are new terms like "Paleo-conservative", or "classical liberal" to prove even more differences.

Imho, I think the two should join forces, set aside differences for one single objective; that is freedom.

S&F for thought provoking.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

So am I .. but that makes us Subversive.. and according to the OP's own words, you and I are Terrorist.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think both sides are just as bad. Remember George W Bush? It is not a matter of Democrat or Republican because they all have similar agendas.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Star and flag for you.

I think both parties are trash meant to keep us divided so that we don't notice how they are really screwing us. I wouldn't and didn't vote for either.

I did notice though that the Dems may have disagreed with Bush and verbally bashed him, they didn't try to start their own country within the country. It is pretty childish.

Wouldn't it be better if they could admit their party sucked and that's why they were voted out and that people really do want change. And why can't the Dems admit they haven't really changed anything - They're still giving the corps the Bush bailouts and putting the screws to the voters.

Both parties suck!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join