It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very dangerous thing to do.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Something that occurred to me after giving this more than a day to sink in, is that it sounds like the Teacher either has Aspergers or is Borderline Personality Disorder, especially if this isn't the first time this teacher has done it. If they have Aspergers then it's innocent and they just have problems making social faux pas (Aspergers are geniuses but they are socially impaired, often having difficulties in grasping basic elements of social interaction). Whereas if they were BPD, this was an intentionally manipulative attempt to establish dominance. If you don't lay down the law quickly and firmly with BPDs they see it as an invitation to further manipulate you. After dating two BPD women in a row, I learned to always keep my door locked and never open the door to them anymore.

The other thing that had me concerned is that teachers are Mandatory Reporters. Normally this is intended for them to report signs of Child Abuse that their students display, but many teachers go much further than that and this particular teacher could consider her mandate as a Mandatory Reporter to report anything suspicious she observes in people's houses, while going door-to-door (and letting themselves in) to the authorities. Teachers, Nurses, Social Workers, Police, Firemen, Postal Workers, et cetera are the kinds of people you don't want to invite inside for that reason.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by octaviameister
WOW, absolutely amazing someone would be that stupid to walk into a house uninvited. Where I live, the resident has the right to defend one's self to uninvited persons entering their home.

Keep your door locked no matter who you are expecting is my advise.

And perhaps quit drinking and arm yourself.....

I gave up drinking 15 years ago.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If you would just buy something from them, they wouldn't have to intimidate you by breaking into your house!

Support the children, or else...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What I would do:
  1. Report this teacher to the principle (which you did already).

2. Demand a public apology from the teacher.

3. Write a newspaper editorial specifying the name of the teacher and exactly what happened (you are not liable to slander since the police made a report).

4. If you get the public apology, make sure a copy of it is sent to the parents of every child he/she teaches.

5. If you do not get an apology, press charges against him/her for illegal entry, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and trespassing.

6. If you cannot for some reason bring criminal charges, bring a civil suit for invasion of privacy.

This teacher should be not only fired, but barred form ever having authority over other's kids again! This was pure endangerment and reckless abandonment of his/her responsibility to be a role model for the children.

Please, I ask you as a father... do not sit back and casually allow fools like this to further corrupt our youth because it's a lot of trouble.

"All that is required for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing"

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
I love her response, "All I did was just walk in!" In other words, all I did was intentionally violate your privacy but you should be o.k. with that.

A teacher no less. How old was this individual? Not that I'm being ageist, but I can see a younger person doing this more than, say, a teacher in their 40's or 50's.

It seems that many of the younger generation have a complete lack of understanding of basic protocols and civility. Chalk it up to living in an everyone connected all-the-time world. No boundaries.

You make a very good point about extropolation from an on-line world to the "real" world. As for the teacher (who was 34yrs old by the way) the principle said they might have a problem getting her out of the school system because she's "connected". I grew up in Chicago and being connected usually meant being associated with the mob. Up here it means a problem teacher is backed up by the teachers union. Good teachers can't get a foot in, and miserable one's have to commit murder before they get the boot.

I'l try to go through the DC Department of Education, sad to say most local politicians hare also connected in one way or another, Last, I'l paper the area and let the public know what happened. I'm on pretty good terms with local and Federal law enforcement. The local detective I spoke to was actually beyond words. He suggested I sue the city. Not for money but to make a very clear point. I'm talking to my lawyers how best to do that, never sued any one before.

When will peole figure out a union is just like any other business. They don't decend from the clouds to provide wisdom, save you from all us evil capatilist's. I own several companies, most not union shops, some are. The people (including part time) at the open shops have a huge waiting list to work fr me. If I don't do my best for people, they fully free to join a union shop. It's there choice. I have never preveented union organizers to speak to my people any time or any where. No one is waiting to join a union. My secret? Very sinple. They are paid fr a minimum 15% to 50%, after taxes. They and this goes fo pert time as well the whole family gets medical/dental, life insurance payable to who they want it paid to, not me. Also mental heakth/chemical dependenctcy cover. Most people get a company car (a prius). I have protection because unions hate me for this.

I have recieved death threats, hate male, and worse.The unions know they can't come close to what to what I can offer my employees. I got a legitimate death threat only once and that enraged me, only once. I sicked the dogs on them. The two parties responsibllty are now spending time in prison, they got the max. (about 6yrs).

I only once in 25years got pissed at an "organizer" who tried very hard to intimidate my staff we ar not shrinking violets. Be polite, decent and act older then a 5yr old, and the rest will take care of it self.
I know I'm droning on about unions, but the Ninnesota Teachers Union has become a bully. Don't play by their rules and you risk, well use your immagination. Also for the record, I have met many decent, kind and honest both members aand organizers they are hard working and seem to want to do the best. My rules are very straight forward. ONE: Dont threaten me TWO: God help if you threaten my familily, that includes my cat, I have no kids and am not married. THREE: Don't do any "dumpster diving", sneeking aroung my house or offices. FOUR: YOU want something try to just ask. FIVE: I will use all resources to protect me and mine. I am a non-violent man but am no pasifist. We all have the right to defend our selves. Worse case, my home and offices have among the best counter-invasion/counter-intrusion systems in the world. In fact I sell them to very select Government clients. They were off when the teacher and kids wandered in. Never again, I was very lucky. Also for the guy who suggeseted I stop drinking and buy another gun, I gave up drinking 15 years ago this September. I also had my fill of guns in the first Gulf War. And I was with the State Department Group of Intelligence and Research. Ended up in one of the few Saudi cities taken (thank God for a short time) by Iraq. Scared my gibblets off! We took it back in a few hours, the longest of my life. My Federal Protection Service guy got a very nasty arm wound, he made it, but I was hiding behind a piller, and was not hit. How noble of me...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by milesp
If you would just buy something from them, they wouldn't have to intimidate you by breaking into your house!

Support the children, or else...

Tome that sounds like protection money...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You got very good advice from TheRedneck. I would ask you to consider going the extra step though, and pressing charges. Here is why. the principal indicated that this teacher had done this before. If she took no action, and it seems from what you said, that she didn't, then firm action to stop this needs to be taken. I think it's a good bet that the principal is just hoping that this will go away. You can't let it. The only way to stop this is to press charges, and go forward with either a trial or an admission of guilt and plea bargain on the teacher's part, if guilty.
This happened on the principal's watch, and if she didn't do anything, then she is culpable to a degree. They are both lucky that no one was hurt.
Administrators do not like to have to take actions against faculty. They know that it will get messy, especially since the teacher's union will almost certainly come to the defense of the teacher. The amount of paperwork is also a minor reason the principal doesn't want to get involved.
Press charges, or someday, this WILL happen again, and next time, all parties may not be so lucky.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join