It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very dangerous thing to do.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yesterday afternoon, I got quite a shock when three total strangers walked into my den! To get to my den you have to go through the house, and then downstairs. I always out of habit keep the doors locked wether I'm home or not. I had unlocked the door because I was expecting my Mom any moment.

Why the extreme urgency? They were two kids with a teacher, hard to believe but true, and selling flower vases to raise money for the school band. I support kids selling things to help out a school distirict. I try to contribute where I can. But some lines you don't cross, if for nothing else it can be hazardous to ones health to spook someone like that. I called the school principle and really read her the riot act. What if I wasen't decent? Seeing me naked would most likely justify a war crime, by me. What if I had a gun? (something I sold when I started drinking, it made sense at the time) The teacher said "all I did was just walk in"! Very bad idea to violate some ones privacy like that group. Ever hear of knocking, the doorbell, or picking up the phone? I just prey this total lack of commen sense is not indicitive of every teacher, or were doomed...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

That is pure insanity. I don't even open the door and enter homes of people I KNOW. I'm glad you called the principal. This person is actually teaching children that it's ok to just waltz right on in to people's homes. What did the principal say?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Very, very dangerous, and stupid, thing to do.

What was that teacher thinking?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's bad enough when the Police enter after knocking...but everyday people helping themselves in? That's just crazy!

Whatever happened to politeness and proper etiquette of not entering a person's home until invited? Are vampires the only ones that do that anymore?

Kudos to you for calling the principal and reading them the Riot Act. That teacher was not only setting a bad example for her students, but she was putting them in harms way!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

For a teacher to do that, I am personally begging you to personally speak with the principal on this. Don't let it rest. An example must be made and the teacher made to feel some remorse for his actions.

Where does the dude get the idea to say "I just walked in!" like it justifies what he did? Are you kidding me? Listen. No body on a normal level of intelligence and common sense simply walks in like that. Get an apology and embarrass him. Don't get him fired, don't call the cops. Simply embarrass him, like getting the school to send out apology letters for all the parents.

Personally, I think he used the kids as a defense to snoop around for robbing something. Yes, there are people like that in this world.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Personally, I think he used the kids as a defense to snoop around for robbing something. Yes, there are people like that in this world.

Yeah, either that or he was hoping for the chance to walk in on some kinky action that he could file away in his mind for.... later use.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Seeing me naked would most likely justify a war crime, by me

I hear you. I'm not above using nudity as a weapon. I had occasion to have a conversation with a police office about a year ago wherein I was naked, having emerged from our hot tub, to question why he was behind our house with a flashlight. He hadn't knocked on the door, he was just looking for a knife used in a stabbing in an establishment down the road.

So, he stands there, and I stand there and lecture him about the dangers of walking around someone's house without first announcing themselves, and all the while, he's twitchy and nervous, and for good reason. I know him, he knows me. To his credit, he apologized to me a few days later, conceding that while he had the legal right to pursue the perp and the weapon, he was in the wrong for having not identified himself first.

This teacher........ I am agast at the thought process that would cause someone to take kids into an unknown house/situation. That person must be so naive as to the workings of the world and our times. Reckless endangerment of childen, is how I see it. What if they'd have pulled the same stunt in a different house and have gotten one or many of those kids injured or worse?

You did the right thing.

I am 52 years old. I would NEVER have done such a thing, even as a kid growing up in a small town of 2000 souls in northern Idaho. It just wasn't done. Hell, when I came in the house late at night, I always announced, "its' just meeeeeeeee!" I wasn't necessarily afraid of being shot, although that was certainly an option. Nope. Amongst the woodsfolk, there are far more painful and gristly responses than that.

I still can't imagine the mindset of the teacher. The best outcome was a slim chance. Poor odds, that. Thank GOD they came into your house.

Hopefully, a precious lifetime lesson was learned.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

That is pure insanity. I don't even open the door and enter homes of people I KNOW. I'm glad you called the principal. This person is actually teaching children that it's ok to just waltz right on in to people's homes. What did the principal say?

The principle appoligized and stated she would set up a policy on when it's OK, as well as not OK to enter someones home. I called my Congressman and both Senators, and are both on board with this. Kids use teachers as roll models (sometimes). Talk about setting a dangerous not just bad example. The principle seemed as shocked as I was, I told her that in person. She asked if I would mind having a deputy in to witness my statement. I stated I was not pressing a complaint, nor did I call the police. I said I had no problem with an "official" witness. He took a lot of notes. What the cop said alone with me was very interesting. He said they had spoken to her before, it wasen't the first time! Prior mention of this to the teacher apparently was'nt enough. I have to ask you all; would you trust your kids well being with a teacher like this?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

For a teacher to do that, I am personally begging you to personally speak with the principal on this. Don't let it rest. An example must be made and the teacher made to feel some remorse for his actions.

Where does the dude get the idea to say "I just walked in!" like it justifies what he did? Are you kidding me? Listen. No body on a normal level of intelligence and common sense simply walks in like that. Get an apology and embarrass him. Don't get him fired, don't call the cops. Simply embarrass him, like getting the school to send out apology letters for all the parents.

Using kids as cover to scope out a place, it woulden't be the first time.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
are you, no wait a minute , ok, ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING ME? my God man.
you know the law about, if you shoot some one prowling your property
outside. you're supposed to drag them inside? that way the cops can't
charge you w/ anything? man i would have freaked. i would still be freaking. just for the sake of the two youngsters, i would have at least
clocked that fool. unbelievable!

Using kids as cover to scope out a place, it woulden't be the first time.
and this it just goes w/ out saying, is why on both counts.
s&f for the best darwin of the week.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Could be police trickery going on. I could see our cops here covertly setting up walkins to gather info on people, and that'd be the way to do it.

WAIT! I have seen them do that. Not with kids and teachers though.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Marrr]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I was living in South Carolina and fishing for a living back in 01.I had recently went through a divorce from a mentally unstable woman(are there any stable ones?).She had previously called a few boys up from San Antonio(I lived in Austin at the time)to teach me a lesson,so I knew what she was capable of.Well she inherited a lot of money and hired a private detective to find me.Not an easy task as I was living pretty much in the woods and on the ocean ,very much off the grid .well one day we pulled the boat into the public boat launch in a down pour and this guy jumps out of his car and starts taking pictures of the boat,so when my captain comes back with the car and trailer I told him,some guy guy was taking pictures of his boat.His reply was,bubba that guy was taking pictures of you.So you can imagine by now I'm a little freaked out.That same day our car broke down and we left it on the side of the road.We get home and build some crab traps check on our bait for the next day and went to bed.

Three o'clock in the mourning there is an unbelievably loud banging on the door,I was sleeping with an old 12 gauge shotgun by the bed my buddy was sleeping in the living room by the front door.So when the banging starts I'm instantly out of bed shotgun pointed at the door,I yell pull it bubba,he opens the door and i draw down on a very surprised law enforcement officer who promptly screams and jumps off our porch(5' high)right into a pile of long line for sharks.That's a mile long fishing line with about 300-400 2" stainless steel hooks on it.Well he got tangled up real bad and stuck pretty good with the hooks,took us a while to get him out.I often wonder what he was thinking,beating on the door like that.He's lucky I don't have an itchy trigger finger, would of been a shame to loose his life over a broke down car.He shouldn't have been so arrogant to think he could do what ever he wanted just because he was a cop.Now I wonder if he is a little more respectful when dealing with people and situations he's involved in?If he's still a cop at all(he was pretty shaken up)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

would you trust your kids well being with a teacher like this?

Hell no! In fact, I think I would do everything possible to have my child removed from the teachers classes, definitely any extracurricular activities that the teacher is involved in and no way in hell would my kids ever go ANYWHERE with that teacher again. I just can't imagine that anyone without mental problems would think it's ok to just walk into somebody's home like that. The teacher needs a head examination.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
My dog would have went absolutely ballistic.
I would not doubt for a second he might have attacked someone like that - but doubt they would have got that far - my NOSEY sister who lives out of town came by one day - pushed open my door and he went after her and chased her to her car.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

they just wanted to lay an ultra freak out on ya.

great post man

XP

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
In your second post, you mention the policeman said the teacher had done this before.

Which means the principal may well have been aware of this when you spoke to him/her. Yet they didn't mention it to you ?

I've known principals (for reasons of their own) to cover for teachers with a record.

Once .. ok, you might be inclined to make the report and leave it at that in the belief the principal will sort the teacher out.

But the police said this was twice. Once is too much, twice is over the line.

Obviously, the teacher doesn't value his/her career.

One thing seems to be for sure though .. that teacher appears keen to invade private property. There are people like that. I've had neighbours like that. They use any excuse to enter your property .. lost ball, lost kite, lost item that never existed to begin with. It's a weird 'control' fixation they have -- a lawlessness and a strange need to impress on you that they have rights and you don't. I deal with it very swiftly and don't waste words, because if you let it go, it increases in frequency and can end up ending very badly.

The fact that the individual is a teacher and uses children and/or school business as an excuse to enter private property isn't something to be taken lightly. His motives are open to speculation

I note that you've contacted school-board members and the principal, but without wanting to be alarmist, I think you should take it further, to the point the teacher's past is investigated and in order that they're required to undergo psychiatric assessment.

Hope teachers and families of teachers won't take this personally. We have loads of teachers in the family .. some are fine, some aren't worth their pay. The thing about teachers is, they have been in school all their lives. Most of them have never held down any other job. And .. some people choose teaching as a career because they're downright weird and couldn't hold down any other job if they tried. Others need to feel 'powerful' and teaching provides that. Still others are attracted to children, or are bullies, etc. So, not all teachers are really the sort of people you'd choose to have around your children.

The teacher in the OP has problems, no matter how you look at it. Once might be a mistake. They should have learned from that. Twice is no mistake. So, because children (not to mention residents) safety is at stake, this teacher needs investigating, assessing and to be given formal warning or to be suspended pending further investigation, by those with the authority to do so (imo). In fact, the police should have undertaken responsibility for this already. For some reason, many people won't treat teachers as they do other members of society. They give them benefit of the doubt when it just isn't warranted when it's based solely upon their profession.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Yep next they will be saying you asked them to come in, as your a paedo or something, you have to watch these things.

People are absolute stupid loons.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
My dog would have went absolutely ballistic.
I would not doubt for a second he might have attacked someone like that - but doubt they would have got that far - my NOSEY sister who lives out of town came by one day - pushed open my door and he went after her and chased her to her car.

Kudo's for Fido...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by acornco

they just wanted to lay an ultra freak out on ya.

great post man

XP

If they wanted to freak me out, they did in spades. Kids are very impresinable and will follow apparent persons of authority, even if those people are total nut jobs.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

If I had a kid in that school system, he/she would be out at once. I would make known to the powers that be and the public why. I don't trust a teacher like that to look after my kids(not that I have any,but who's counting)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join