It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very dangerous thing to do.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is why I'm ready to put laser security all over my house and automatic turrets.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
you should of dropkicked that teacher right out of existence

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
That teacher is darned lucky it wasn't my house - the mortician would still be trying to figure out if they could have an open casket funeral!!! When someone is in MY house without my permission, I will most certainly shoot first and worry about the details later!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The parents of those two children need to be informed of this. Essentially, that adult was contributing to the delinquency of a minor ( trespass and entering a private domicile in the daytime.) By entering your home without permission the teacher should be charged with a crime and the police should have followed up even without a complaint filed.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Stupidity ..just plain stupidity.

As a teacher they should know this history and custom of Americans.

When you enter a persons campsite..daytime or especially nightime....you ask permission. You dont just barge into a persons campsite...they can consider you hostile if you do not announce yourself...and kill you and anyone with you.

YOU ANNOUNCE YOURSELF BEFORE COMING INTO SOMEONES CAMPSITE!!!

"Hello the camp!! Can I come in??"

It is simple survival etiquette and protocol. Basic Civility as well as necessary for ones survival.

Someones home is no different than a campsite. If you come in unannounced your intentions can be considered hostile and with the results of hostility in return instead of returning basic civilities.

In short you have to go to public school and be educated to get stupid as that teacher and in turn lead a couple of kids into a dangerous situation as was done.

Ordinary people with common sense and little education are not that naturally stupid. Most of them know better.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 19-8-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What is going on with people today. What kind of teacher lets children think it is okay to do something like that? Common sense is lacking in waaaaaay too many people.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I love her response, "All I did was just walk in!" In other words, all I did was intentionally violate your privacy but you should be o.k. with that.

A teacher no less. How old was this individual? Not that I'm being ageist, but I can see a younger person doing this more than, say, a teacher in their 40's or 50's.

It seems that many of the younger generation have a complete lack of understanding of basic protocols and civility. Chalk it up to living in an everyone connected all-the-time world. No boundaries.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by arbiture

That is pure insanity. I don't even open the door and enter homes of people I KNOW. I'm glad you called the principal. This person is actually teaching children that it's ok to just waltz right on in to people's homes. What did the principal say?

This.

Common example:

My best mate (known each other for eight years) invited me round for a BBQ.
He knew I was on my way, when I get there I call him. And he'll shout from the garden to come round.

I don't even walk around the side of the house into their garden without a direct invite.

The idea that a TEACHER of all people would just walk into a persons house uninvited, and with students, it just baffles me!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I would think the biggest problem that american familys have today is not enough of them realize that you CAN home school your own child. And that takes care of them having to have 60 vaccines that can cause all kinds of mental illnesses and brain swelling to name a few of the side affects. Also if your child is not in public schools then you KNOW what they are being taught and what they are eating. If you still allow someone else to tell your child what is what and what to eat and what to say then dont be so suprised when at 13 they are telling you were to go and being disruptive. Its real simple!! YOU teach your children. Not the government. If you are on this site reading this then you are well aware of the fact that the government is wrong in almost everything they do. So what would make you think that schooling is any diffrent? The government is was dictates what your child learns and how they are to act and think when you put them into public schools. Take contral of your life AND your childs wellbeing by home schooling them. Then you dont have to worry if they are being bullied, forced into a gang, forced into taking drugs to fit in and so on... YOU hold your childs future in YOUR hands.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What's kind of funny however, is how much times have changed in just 30 years or so. Don't you remember when you were kids? Well if you are old enough to remember 30 years ago. You could trick-or-treat until people stopped answering doors. You could leave at 7 am on a Saturday, and as long as you were home for dinner, you were good, and you went anywhere. Drove your bike miles from home, did all sorts of stuff. Times have changed so much.

Of course, even 30 years ago, even though it wouldn't be a "scary" thing to have strangers walking in to sell you stuff, that was still very much so not welcome. Salesman have never been very welcome in any home.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
Yesterday afternoon, I got quite a shock when three total strangers walked into my den! ....

... I just prey this total lack of commen sense is not indicitive of every teacher, or were doomed...

I agree a very dangerous thing to do.. but can I ask you something in all honesty?

Did you add that last line just to spice this up or are you truly wondering?

Originally posted by arbitureI just prey this total lack of commen sense is not indicitive of every teacher, or were doomed...

Because if you actually believe that, you might have an associative problem, my friend at work has that issue, he believes everything that happens to him, happens to everyone.

He gets an error in a program and the software is instantly crappy for everyone. If a blueberry tastes bad to him, everyone else must feel the same way. He's gets a perceived customer service slight at Ikea (or wherever) and Ikea is instantly a company with zero customer service.

Again, I am just curious, this isn't meant to be harrassing or hurtful or anything, I am just wondering. His behavior fascinates me sometimess.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

He said they had spoken to her before, it wasen't the first time!

With that in mind you really should have pressed charges. Once is bad enough but to invade a private home TWICE is outright inexcusable and she/he should have been arrested.

Some "educators" have absolutely no respect for culture, traditions, etc muchless grasping the concept of granting one's home private/personal status. I had one teacher who was a total loon, she was raised by hippies and did not believe in the concept of private property and ownership of items. You know, the lets all hold hands and sing kind kumbaya of crowd. People like that should not be teaching our youth.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by ChrisF231]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Autowrench:
This is called home burglary, and I don't know your State Statutes, but in my own State it carries a 10-25 years sentence in prison. Even if the door is open, to enter a residence without permission is a felony crime. If this had happened to me, there would have been bodies to clean up!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
WOW, absolutely amazing someone would be that stupid to walk into a house uninvited. Where I live, the resident has the right to defend one's self to uninvited persons entering their home.

Keep your door locked no matter who you are expecting is my advise.

And perhaps quit drinking and arm yourself.....

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I once had the misfortune of breaking into a random person's house by complete accident, with a group of friends. It was about 2:30 AM. Luckily the guy was totally cool and we apologized profusely about the mistake. We even offered him a six pack to make it up. He declined.

We thought it was the apartment of a friend of ours and wanted to surprise him by getting inside before he got there. The host was expecting us to come, and we thought he was still in transit. Turns out he lives upstairs from where we broke in.
The place that we broke into had the sort of items we would have expected to see in the correct place, (our friend is a musician, but his neighbor is also a musician) so we hung in there for a while before the guy living there woke up and caught us.

Good thing guns and gun crazy people are not more popular round were I live or I could have gotten hurt.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is completely ridiculous. I almost can't believe someone would be that stupid. I mean, who knows what you might be walking into when you just barge into someone's home.

When I go to visit friends and one of their roommates lets me in and says "they're upstairs, go on up", I walk to the stairs and yell up "hey, it's me! are you decent?!"

What the [expletive] was that teacher thinking? I just can't imagine how someone can justify that? When I was a kid and I had to sell stuff for the school, I wouldn't even go door-to-door soliciting people, and I lived in a small town and knew everyone.

My kids aren't going to public school, and this is just another reason for me to homeschool. You never know what teachers are filling their minds with.

I never expected complete disrespect for other people's property and privacy would be one of those things, but now I'll add that to my mental list of possibilities.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Autowrench:
This is called home burglary, and I don't know your State Statutes, but in my own State it carries a 10-25 years sentence in prison. Even if the door is open, to enter a residence without permission is a felony crime. If this had happened to me, there would have been bodies to clean up!

Even if the people who came in were unarmed or mistaken? did you know that homicide is also a felony?

-rrr

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is just ridiculous. This teacher had to be casing the place. Nobody that I have ever known would think it's ok to just walk into a strangers house.

Then there was this part of the story:

The principle appoligized and stated she would set up a policy on when it's OK, as well as not OK to enter someones home.

Good god, how about a policy to never enter someones house, period. Especially if you are dragging kids around with you. What if you enter some crazies house and something happens to the kid, or just an innocent accident and the kid gets hurt. You are opening up the homeowner to lawsuits.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

This thread made me remember similar things.

I'm a weeee bit older than you though

We had no fences. When we went on vacation we left the door unlocked so the neighbors could get in to take care of our pets. We all helped each other. The neighbor lady would set a plate for me at dinner if I was in the yard. We never knocked at each others houses in the neighborhood. If somebody saw you in their yard they brought us cookies and something to drink.

The whole neighborhood was our playground and everyone watched out for everyone's kids. I often wonder if young people now realize what rural America once was?

Of course I lived in a small city with no crime to speak of. It was a different time then. I suppose it has never been like that in some cities. I truly miss it.

I live now in a nice middle class neighborhood. No crime and never had a problem. I've been there 5 years and don't know a single neighbors name. At first I waved and smiled until I realized nobody was doing the same. They all have kids but you never see them outside. Everyone hides in their back yards when they are outside and they never say hello or wave.

The only time in five years anyone spoke to me was a neighbor Lady who wanted to take something from my yard. She turned out to be an IRS Agent. She glares at me through her drapes even though I was nice and gave her an old dingy to use for a flower bed.

I can't wait to retire to a small village where they still smile and wave at each other. Thank god those places still exist in Alaska if you get away from Anchorage which is just another big dirty city with gangs and thugs. We often spend weekends wandering around small towns and enjoying the people who still are very nice and welcoming. When I tell them I'm looking for land to retire too and a small business to buy they always say we would love to have you.

OK, I'm done letting my mind wander. Sorry for the off topic stuff OP. It's all Fleabit's fault

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Makes no difference at all. Just to enter without permission is a Felony. Check your State's Administrative Code and Felony Statutes, if in doubt, call your County Prosecutor. The home owner doesn't even have to press charges, the State usually picks the charge up on home burglary. Mistakes are no excuse, neither is an ignorance of the law.

did you know that homicide is also a felony?

Not in my State.

Governor Strickland signs SB184, Ohio's Castle Doctrine Law
What SB184 means to you: Part I – Castle Doctrine
www.buckeyefirearms.org...

[edit on 19-8-2009 by autowrench]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join