It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon In Clolor. high saturation Photo.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Look at these colors in this HS photo ..

There is no 'text' to this photo, it is from an blogg.
But I post the Link and you can go there and look at the other photos there...
Photo.net
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32b96488b158.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Nice photo, I read a book stating that the moon was full of color, and that nasa purposely grayed the photos, or maybe the colors just don't stand out that much on surface photos.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Nice photo, I read a book stating that the moon was full of color, and that nasa purposely grayed the photos, or maybe the colors just don't stand out that much on surface photos.

i dont know what to think.
When I use my telescope, the moon seems to be grey and darker grey realy, so its hard to say this is correct or not bases on color photos like this contra the B/W from the moon it self..

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

go outside, look up, see moon, note lack of colour.

it's a nice photo but i don't think the colours in the photo are as you would see them.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Your right, i have a pretty good telescope and all i see it grey and dark grey.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Your right, i have a pretty good telescope and all i see it grey and dark grey.

I cant imagine the atmosphere stips away the color, Im not sure ofcourse.
Maybe we could ask NASA for some 'real' phots to compare with..

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
if you go to the web site and read the comments the cameraman tells you what telescope he uses, and how he saturates the colour to make it more visible

ergo not grey moon, but not easily seen colour either.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Nice photo.

'High saturation' means the colors are enhanced beyond what they naturally are.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Nice photo.

'High saturation' means the colors are enhanced beyond what they naturally are.

Hmm, I'm curiously waiting for high saturNation footage

But if these are enhanced colours which are actually there (as we seem to *perceive* it, which in itself can be a whole discussion), it is very tempting to think of certain potential forms of life since an earth-analogy is quite obvious.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Do the colours have anything to do with mineral deposits like photos of the earth can show mineral deposits?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
maybe it looks gray because of the sun,the moon has no atmosphere so the suns glare is immense,the same happens when you overexpose a camera?just a thought though

cheers

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
could be, i wonder. With my 200mm Dobson i cant see any color... But i am a believer, so any suggestions why we see blank and white, and why pictures of our own planet are in color?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It looks like there is water on the moon from the photo in your opening post. I hope the members can figure out why we always see it in shades of gray.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Because that is what High Saturation does, as you can see below.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I have several pictures I have taken of the moon , and there seems to be an blue atmosphere on it, my question is if the blue color is on the moon or just an effect of the camera ??

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I never knew I was a visual learner...

Thanks for that. I like my avvie better without the high saturation. What are some reasons why someone would want to use that method for moon shots? To tease gullible ole me???

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I have photos with the Moon blue, other photos with the Moon brownish, take with the same camera, and in both occasions the Moon looked the same to me, neither blue or brown, taking photos of a bright object in a dark background and keep the colours right is difficult.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Probably just to tease you.

It helps to see the different predominant minerals on the different areas, that is why you can see the large "seas" as blueish, some other "sea" areas look like they were covered with brown, some larger craters and their ejecta fields appear white, etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I keep returning to this 'blue moon' post. This because I was staring at the moon a while ago, and kept staring, because it seemed blue-ish; a fainted, light color blue, as in really clear swimming pools, mixed up with the 'regular' white/greyish environment.

Few days later the moon was red (at night). I guess the way the sunlight is reflected on the moon does matter (angle and all kinds of air/space energy I know nothing about).

Do you also perceive the moon as light, but bright, blue sometimes?
(not the whole moon but areas that are normally darker grey)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Thymos

What affects it the most is our atmosphere.

If there is some smoke in the atmosphere, for example, it will look red or brown, while a slight fog may show it more blue, but I never noticed any difference in colours in different parts of the Moon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join