It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free college courses(not degrees) from Yale!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Don't know how I completely missed your post. I was going to dig up all of my old links and post them but you beat me to it. I agree wholeheartedly. It's free education. You can't beat it. When one stops learning I believe one is done with their life. For the vast majority of Americans, they want to stop learning as quickly as possible so they can get on with 'life'.

As far as I'm concerned, you should try to learn something new every single day.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

S&F for you...

I'm going to check out that modern poetry one.....See if It can help me come up with some creative rhymes.....although I do pretty good myself....

there is always room to learn much more !

Thanks a ton ......Who doesn't love free education......No hassle of class attendance and I can learn at my own pace so i absorb and actually understand everything.....

Most would learn better this way and retain and understand the information they are given a little better...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
As many others have said by now... oh man this is great information, and I thank you for bringing it up, both you and the poster who gave all the other links, as well.

This is just what the world needs, seriously. The more you know, the better footing you have

Wonderful work guys!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Too bad you couldn´t get a degree with these courses and then land a nice job lol! Oh well, you can´t shoot down stuff like this when it´s for free!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Currently watching a Philosophy course with Shelly Kagan (on death). It's very interesting to hear a professional lecture on the matter from a physicalist's point of view (me being holding another).

Looking forward to Astrophysics and Psychology.

I'm really surprised how much American system of high education differs from the Soviet/Russian one. It isn't as boring as ours!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Okay, where's the Yale class on how to be backstabbing elitist's?

Oh Skull and Bones, where are you?

Right and Left : A Control Mechanism of the Skull and Bones Society, the Order of Chaos

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
what a great resource!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much - even though you may not get credit you can use the free courses to educate yourself and test out of certain courses that may be required by a local college...my brother did this many years ago when he had to take a year off from college - he continued his studies on his own and eventually did get credit - just not from the school offering open courses.....

On of the best posts I'v seen in a long time - Bless you for thinking of us:]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Awesome, I am taking Astrophysics 160 from Yale!!

There is no excuse to be dumb anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "F* you" right under your nose. ~ J. D. Sallinger

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That is the way education should be, for free. You shouldn't have to be limited on your chance to learn because of money. You should be able to take a class for knowledge, not credit.

Why pay large sums of baseless cash for an imaginary credit system that goes for a certificate made out of paper that you run risk of never obtaining when you can learn what you want to learn for free?

It doesn't make sense. Colleges make you pay for credits, not knowledge.

Good post! I am watching the Philosophy of Death right now.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Does anyone else think that Yale requires its students an abnormal amount of books? I went to a public college and had 3 books tops (though I mostly took math and accounting courses)...But still...10 books for one course?!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Thanks again MrMonsoon !

This is real Denying Ignorance by educating ourselves at a top notch institute of higher learning.

One thing about knowledge, it can never be taken away from you.

I Just completed my first lecture in Astrophysics which has always been an interest of mine. Professor Bailyn has already introduced the relationships between Newtonian Physics, Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity.

Though it's not for actual credit, it is knowledge nevertheless and Looks good on the Resume' as well !

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Yea, yea, yea. You can get the education, if you're so inclined...
But you won't get the degree. And that's what people pay for.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
All these course seem to be from 2007-2008.

I didn't see any for the last school year or for the upcoming one.

oyc.yale.edu...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

True, the courses are a year or so out of date. But I think probably the courses will give you a solid grounding in the topics, so that getting oneself up to date in a field and keeping up to date is a matter of following the journals, etcetera. Just like for real undergraduates; otherwise everyone would have to every class over again every year.

I kind of get the impression that the Open Yale Courses were all recorded during the same school year because that's when they were putting the program together.

I think Frontiers of Biomedical Engineering looks pretty darn interesting, myself

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
mAYBE THATS HOW oBAMA GOT INTO yALE. lol>

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

iN TODAYS WORLD IT SEEMS COLLEGE IS A NECESSITY TO GET A HIGHER PAYING JOB.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

College is pointless if you dont graduate and get the degree.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by archibald watkins

The point of the post was not for college degree's.

It was simply a chance to get a quality education from a school most can not afford to go to.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I see that my post and another that mentioned the REVOLUTION course have been removed. Somebody try to tell me the govt. is NOT on ATS.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join