It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogfighters get creative as spotlight on Vick case fades

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Originally posted by Acidtastic
[ Word to that. I can't even begin to express my opinions on dog fighting (and any animal cruelty cases) As I'd be instantly banned for using about a kajilion naughty words, and making some new ones up along the way. It makes my blood boil. I'd love to see the people involved tortured to death by the dogs they turture. I'd pay to see it, and their screams of pain and terror would gently rock me to sleep at night.

Sub human surplus scum.

And yet you accept slaughterhouses and chicken-factories and laboratory animal testing and hunting. They cause thousands of times the animal suffering of dog-fighting.
You don't know that I accept any of that. I'm against hunting for sport. (been on some fox hunt sabs) I never buy from battery farm produce. But you got me on the meat eating. I'm guilty of that. Not much I can do about sick industries though, appart from boycot it. I am slowly weaning myself off meat, but it's a long struggle, as I don't eat many veg (they make me gag like a toddler who doesn't want to eat his sprouts) If ever came a time where I had to kill my own food, I'd be licking moss off rocks before that happened. I'm as soft as they come, I couldn't kill an animal. (yet I'm happy to see people who mistreat animals killed, I've not quite worked that one out myself) I am bang against lab testing (and have been on protests) I think not only is it cruel in the extreme, it's pointless, becasue if they're testing a product for humans, then they shouldn't be tesing it on anything other than humans. ( my solution for the peadophile problem
) Otherwise the results are compramised.

But at the end of the day, dog fighting is done for fun. And that sickens me to the bone. I have dogs, and by god I love them. I couldn't even imagine what sort of twisted freak gets a kick out of seeing crap like that.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I think there were 2 of you, and I can't explain your inability to understand plain text.

I see no reason to get personal, but plainly you do. I also see no reason to try and drag the issue of firearms ownership into this debate, but once again strangely you do.

My point is simply that it is in the nature of many people to be attracted to acts of violence, both between people, and between animals. I make no apologies for it, nor do I agree with it, but none of that invalidates its existence as an element of the human condition. After all, if we didn't like killing animals so much, Pennsylvania wouldn't issue a million deer permits every year.

You can contribute something meaningful and either agree with that premise or disagree, or you can stay true to your character.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
I see no reason to get personal, but plainly you do.

Oh I'm sorry, when you wrote this to another poster:

Originally posted by Retseh
That thing flying over your head is the point.

I somehow assumed that sarcasm was a meaningful type of dialogue that you could relate to, so I responded in kind.

Some can dish it out........................

[edit on 18-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Oh I'm sorry, when you wrote this to another poster:

I can understand you being confused by my posts, but not your own. You variously called me lofty, a freak, holier than thou, and a braggart. All personal as stated.

Tell me how the following contributed ANYTHING to the quality of this discussion:

I invite you to come down from your lofty perch and experience life at the layman level.

Come fly your freak flag with the rest of us.

You may skip your holier than thou faux concern and grandiose observations

Oh and by the way, please check your gun at the door. I've witnessed you brag about carrying it around.

There is currently a drive to eliminate problem posters who engage in just this kind of trolling, you had best try and improve your behavior.

I somehow assumed that sarcasm was a meaningful type of dialogue that you could relate to, so I responded in kind.

I doubt you have anything serious to offer - regardless of the type of dialogue - just try addressing the issue.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

OK, my heartfelt contribution:

I abhor violence of any kind. As a dog owner I detest the practice of dog fighting. Vick got off easy due to his celebrity status. The dogs had no choice and are innocent victims. People who walk around wearing guns unless engaged in war or law enforcement officers worry me. Karma is a boomerang.

There ya go, my life story.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Last week here in my town they arrested 19 people for "Finch Fighting"! Yup little parakeets with sharpened beaks, fighting to the death. They confiscated 40-50 birds. I guess in Portugal it's quite the sport. Lot's of money involved also!

Finch Fighting in Connecticut

Zindo

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Related:

Seems legit.

But I had to chuckle at:
"Two canaries enter, one canary leaves."

Sorry, I suppose I'm a hypocrite after all.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I'm sorry but it would seem as though the point is the thing that flew over your head, it's alright though it's quite understandable.

It seems as though you are not the expert at the human behavior of the male species that you like to think you are because i know plenty of men that are not attracted to acts of violence, especially between animals that are forced to be violent toward each other, and they would never sit around watching something as disgusting as dog fighting.

You shouldn't group all men into the same category because you do them a great injustice as all men are not the same.

No i need not be appreciative of something as cruel and savage as the inhumane practice of fighting dogs.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

And yet you accept slaughterhouses and chicken-factories and laboratory animal testing and hunting. They cause thousands of times the animal suffering of dog-fighting.

A number of people have said that. But the fact that many different animals and birds are also subjected to terrible suffering doesn't excuse the cruel abuse of dogs.

And at least being killed in a slaughterhouse is a bit faster and possibly the pain is less than that suffered by being slowly torn to shreds. I know I'd prefer to be beheaded than die that way.

And while I don't hunt myself I think that usually hunters aim to kill quickly and cleanly, with one shot if possible. If you are hunting for food that's a different matter.

People who enjoy the suffering of animals also enjoy the suffering of humans. Many, many people cross the thin line from one to the other.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Sestias]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join