It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octomom? Naaah! Try Duodecmom (12)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I hope to God this is a hoax!

Story Here

A woman is pregnant with a record-breaking 12 babies, the Sun reported Monday.

The teacher, who has not yet been named, is expecting six boys and six girls, according to reports. She conceived the babies following fertility treatments, after suffering a number of miscarriages.

Fertility experts confirmed the extraordinary pregnancy in Gafsa, Tunisia, was possible, but carried "colossal" risks.

OMG those poor babies. They probably won't make it and even if they do, they'll probably have all sorts of medical problems. I don't know if she purposely tried for 12 or if it was an accident. I hope it wasn't on purpose. That would be incredibly selfish and painful for the children.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It sounds like it was a side effect of the fertility treatment she underwent, not something intentional. By the way, medical care is eons behind ours in Tunisia, poor kid could've come to America and recieved better treatment.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Gawd blimey guv'ner. She's going to be HUUUUGE!!

Unless they're 12 teeeny itsy bitsy babies.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

She'll be huge AND they'll be tiny babies. She won't be giving birth to 12 babies who each weigh 6-8 pounds. The babies will be lucky to be at a birth weight that makes it possible for them to survive. Multiple birth children have notoriously low birth weights.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I know Octobitch did hers on purpose, even after having kids.. she obviously suffered some kinda mental problem.

Does anyone know if this lady did it on purpose (aside from fertility treatment which doesn't automatically mean she purposefully wanted 12 kids) and where exactly does she live?

Nope after reading it seems this was not the same procedure Octobitch did.. this apparently was a complete accident.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I know one thing, this world is overpopulated now, why are women having all these kids, which, BTW, two are a handfull, I cannot imagine taking care of 12. Wonder who is paying the medical bills on this one?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wow 12!?

Does anyone know if any one has ever given birth (well I suppose that one has got to be a C-section) to 12 or more ever in history? And had every one survive?

I suppose that would only really be possible in modern times what with fertility treatment and intensive care etc.

Good luck to her and her babies (and her doctors
) - she's in it for the duration now.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Atleast she has a job or did.

I doubt she did this on purpose, after several miscarriages this was probably her only chance to have any children. With her medical history of miscarriages she probably on expected maybe 2 emryos to survive. Her having a job, she could have supported them.

Hope her and the babies stay healthy and are able to lead normal lives.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
TV News is reporting that this is a record breaking pregnancy.
So it looks like this probably isn't a hoax.
I can't imagine the medical problems that these babies will have.
Not to mention that they will probably die. VERY sad.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Is she half canine or something

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

She's from Gafsa, Tunisia. She received treatments that caused her to ovulate more. We don't know what drug. We haven't seen a picture of her. I don't know how old she is either. It's all just starting to come out.

Octomom will be out of a job if this woman gives birth. Poor Octomom will be yesterday's news. Hope Octomom doesn't go for another record after hearing this.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I read an article last night on this (maybe on DailyMail? I forget where) where the family was saying she would deliver via natural birth. Yeeeah.

In all seriousness, how do they know it is 6 boys and 6 girls? To me (in my uneducated opinion) it seems like it would be hard to see genitalia in all that mess or arms and legs.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
the family was saying she would deliver via natural birth.

I don't see how that would be possible.
Wouldn't the babies get all tangled up in cords and everything?
I'm not a doctor but I'd think you'd have more deaths that way.

how do they know it is 6 boys and 6 girls?

I'd think that would be impossible, even if she was far enough along to see. The babies have GOT to be small to begin with - no matter how far along she is. Add to that, as you said, all the limbs etc etc ....

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
They must have some good health care coverage!

And I smell a TV reality show in their future.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
And I smell a TV reality show in their future.

That's kinda what I mentioned before. If this is real and those poor babies are born, then Octomom will be out of her celeb status (thank god) and perhaps that reality show she's been itching for will go away.

Who will care about Octomom when you can instead watch Duodecmom?

(I dont' want to see either)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here is a DailyMail link where the mother has stated she will have a natural birth (which, mercifully, the doctros aer telling her is impossible).

In theory, you can tell the sex of a baby as young as 12 weeks. The average is ~16-18 weeks. Either way, if the doctors are worrying about her making it to 20 weeks, she has to be at a rather critical stage right now.

No matter what, I just don't see a good ending to this story :-(

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
She had several miscarriages right? I hope she takes that into consideration and decides to abort some of the fetuses to give the remaining ones a better chance of survival, because it's highly unlikely that any of them will survive. I think octomom was given that option but refused, and I think a few of her kids are going to have serious health problems.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by buffet of lies]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
She's had multiple miscarriages.

And she's going to have a 12 baby miscarriage.

stupid woman.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
With the world already being over populated, it is time to put a halt to all of these fertililty treatments and IVF.
If a woman cannot conceive naturally, then she should just forget it and get on with life.
If she really wants little ones to take care of she should adopt.

I cannot even imagine wanting children so bad that I would go thru all that.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You're rights don't extend into my uterus.

No matter which way you lean politically. I don't care if you want control of my uterus because you're Catholic, or because you're a fundamentalist ecowarrior. You don't get a vote on my ovaries. Nothing on the interior of my skin is something you extert control over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join