It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another hospital destroyed by ILLEGAL ALIENS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Dialysis for immigrants drives hospital into debt Associated Press Aug. 17, 2009, 6:30AM LAS VEGAS

— A Las Vegas hospital providing emergency dialysis services to 80 illegal immigrants says that accounts for much of its operating deficit. The University Medical Center says the treatment will cost it about $24 million this fiscal year, aggravating a budget deficit that is expected to approach $70 million.

UMC's chief operating officer, Brian Brannman, said the hospital is required by federal law to treat anyone who shows up in an emergency but receives no reimbursement from federal, state or local governments for doing it. "Our people are really torn," Brannman told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. "We want to take care of people who are ill. We're proud that we can save lives. But our employees are also worried about the survival of UMC. They know that the appetite of taxpayers for helping undocumented immigrants is limited."

The cost of providing dialysis to illegal immigrants doubled last year, with twice as many seeking the treatment two or three times a week, officials said.

www.chron.com...

This is happening because 20 years ago our super-corrupt Congressgangsters were bribed into passing the EMTALA law which requires hospitals treat illegals.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

This is happening because 20 years ago our super-corrupt Congressgangsters were bribed into passing the EMTALA law which requires hospitals treat illegals.

Wasn't that when President Reagan pardoned all the illegal immigrants?
The same thing is happening here in California, to be seen is a County Hospital takes between 8 and 24 hours. 99 out of 100 people in there are of Hispanic heritage. Don't start flaming me as a racist, I married a legal one. The point is, somewhere along the line, they made it so the hospital doesn't need to verify even who you are to be treated. Many give fake names anyway, how many Juan Gonzalez's are there, really. If you walk in, they must treat you. Even the Police in this state cannot ask if you are a citizen or not. People wonder why California is broke, I don't.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
Even the Police in this state cannot ask if you are a citizen or not. People wonder why California is broke, I don't.

Oatmeal, obviously we agree that the country drifted way out the common sense and sensibility. I find it ridiculous that the police in most states can't intervene with regards to legality of a person being on the US soil. I understand that it's extra hassle for the police, but look what's happening already, nothing short of a disaster. Build a wall already.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
[
Wasn't that when President Reagan pardoned all the illegal immigrants?

Yup - ronnie pardoned 4 million of them. It just shows that both parties are taking monstrous bribes to support illegal aliens.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
. Build a wall already.

I don't know if the wall would do any good. The most important thing is to stop the insanity of giving benefits to illegals. No welfare, no ER care, and no schooling for illegals.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Yup - ronnie pardoned 4 million of them. It just shows that both parties are taking monstrous bribes to support illegal aliens.

Actually, so many children were born from the illegals, that they are now a legal voting block to be contended with. Wall much too late, Californians began the Exodus years ago, most went to Nevada, wonder where they'll go next?

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Maybe the hospital can ask the CEO of Blackstone for a loan. He made over 700 million last year. His life after all is worth more then a thousand others.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Originally posted by buddhasystem
. Build a wall already.

I don't know if the wall would do any good. The most important thing is to stop the insanity of giving benefits to illegals. No welfare, no ER care, and no schooling for illegals.

a) I think that the wall would go a long way in stopping the insanity (recall a US border patrol officer shot to death a few days ago while pursuing a person who crossed from Mexico, or US agents on ATV being clothlined on the border)

b) I disagree about ER because well, I disagree -- however require them to register and if they show up again w/o documentation, deport them, period.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

You'd know better than I would, but didn't LA have to close something like 8 or 11 ERs because they went broke treating illegals? They went there, got treated, and never paid their bills.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You know the same thing happened here where I live with the local and only hospital for close to 30 miles. It had to be taken over by another large company.
Well anyway here is what I had to get through when I was taken in because I could not breath due to when I got the piggy flu...(x's 3)
So we go in and they already know me I have epilepsy and have had my fair share of ambulance rides in the last year due to a blood vessel that burst and caused me to have some really bad ones. I get in there and the same nurses are still there.. they asked me the usual name etc and why I am there of course my husband had to answer most of it as it was so hard to breathe. WELL I am sitting in the intake area and a nice Mexican lady is walked in so the nurse can ask her what her name is... then she wrote it down for the other lady and she walked her right in the ER! While in the mean time I sat there with an O2 level of 82% and dropping

Well I finally got in to find out that they where trying to get me a bed away from everyone else as in the ER was packed to full capacity and into the overflow storage room. There where two people in there that where not Hispanic me and the girl next to me who had lost her toe riding a motorcycle. EVERYONE else was Hispanic and man where they sick. I asked the doc if I could just get a shot take the rest of the meds home I wanted OUT of there.
My husband who is an immigrant to this country from Portugal was furious that they had walked the woman past me when I was in dire straits because she was Hispanic. He speaks Spanish too and was listening to them talk about how they had no choice. It made him so angry he told the doc! He let us know that they had no choice I never understood that till now. I thought perhaps it was part of their funding requirements etc.
Now I think it is just a bunch of BS I can see that they need care but shutting down a hospital over it is ludicrous. If the fed wants them to be treated etc they need to help pay for it and not let the hospitals go to the way side.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

You'd know better than I would, but didn't LA have to close something like 8 or 11 ERs because they went broke treating illegals? They went there, got treated, and never paid their bills.

They were all named Juan Gonzalez! Yes, we have very few Hospitals still open and every month or so they say another one is in trouble. So, the State gives them money to keep them open. It's insanity!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Now I think it is just a bunch of BS I can see that they need care but shutting down a hospital over it is ludicrous. If the fed wants them to be treated etc they need to help pay for it and not let the hospitals go to the way side.

I think I live near you. The initials of the hospital in question wouldn't happen to be O.V. would they? It's insane! People arrive at 2:00 AM so they can hopefully see a doctor sometime the next day. All the nurses speak Spanish, once when they finally called my name, they called it in Spanish! Like I said 99 out of 100 people in there are of Hispanic heritage. I'm thinking seriously of moving, everyone else left long ago.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
I never understood that till now. I thought perhaps it was part of their funding requirements etc.

Yeah - the law says ERs have to treat everyone, even illegals!!! Congress could change the law overnight but they won't cause Business pays them bribes to help the illegals.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Every hospital and even school districts, need to start sending the bills for the illegals to the President of whatever their home country is. Should be easy enough to get them to tell where they came from since most of them like to brag about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
For those in Los Angeles, Martin Luther King Jr. Hospital was shut down a few years ago because of 'runners' or people who use the hospital and didn't pay the bills. For those who don't know, or might not remember, MLK Jr. Hospital was one of the biggest urban servicing hospitals in the Los Angeles area. USC Medical, which is also another urban hospital, is also in dire straits due to the same reasons. Both of these hospitals are considered public hospitals, and government funded, MLK Jr. Hospital was seen as taking too much of loss for the government to continue funding the hospital, and was therefore shut down. Many private hospitals in Los Angeles County, are currently in the red, because of 'runners'. I heard news yesterday, that a hospital, in or near Ontario, CA is set to shut down by the end of the month, due to 'runners'.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by IKnowNothing]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenadots
Every hospital and even school districts, need to start sending the bills for the illegals to the President of whatever their home country is. Should be easy enough to get them to tell where they came from since most of them like to brag about it.

Hell - they'll just lie about their origin and even if they do tell the truth, they have no way to prove it so the country they specify is not gonna pay up.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing Many private hospitals in Los Angeles County, are currently in the red, because of 'runners'. I heard news yesterday, that a hospital, in or near Ontario, CA is set to shut down by the end of the month, due to 'runners'.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by IKnowNothing]

Do private hospitals have this problem too? Aren't they allowed to refuse people or insist on payment up front?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Many years ago when hubby and I couldn't afford medical coverage, he ended up in the hosital. We had bills totalling thousands of dollars that we didn't have. Then we had collection agencies calling all the time even though we were paying what little we could. We couldn't get help from welfare or anywhere because we made like a few dollars too much. Like, yeah that will pay the bills.
It took us YEARS to pay that back. And these illegals come here and get freebies. That is soooooo wrong!

Now we are both without jobs (like millions of other people) and are worried to death about what will happen when we lose our cobra coverage. people are so sick and tired of the illegals coming before legal citizens. Not to mention all the lives lost due to illegals being here. Some as young as 4 years of age! There is an increase in gangs, child molesters, thieves, identity theft, stolen social security numbers, false documentations, graffiti, violence, drugs. Enough is enough!!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Night Star, what type of jobs did you do before? And, now that you're going through these hard times, could you not cancel your internet service help make it easier to get by?

Not to mention all the lives lost due to illegals being here. Some as young as 4 years of age! There is an increase in gangs, child molesters, thieves, identity theft, stolen social security numbers, false documentations, graffiti, violence, drugs. Enough is enough!!

You me and everyone else know that all these horrible things would be here without illegals. Be realistic. I'm tired of people feeling sorry for themselves. I keep hearing that there are no jobs, but its just that you people dont want to work there are plenty of jobs. But like they say its the jobs Americans dont want to do. Janitor, washing dishes, mowing lawns, etc. If you really wanted to work you'd do these... but you dont want to work, what you want is money. And that... is this country's greatest flaw

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
We should pay to have them flown to Canada or the UK to partake in their "free" healthcare system that is so freaking awesome. It would cost less than 24 million to buy a one way plane ticket for all the dialysis illegals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join