It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guillain-Barre Syndrome, contracted from flu shot, my mothers story-SwineFlu Danger?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hello all, I recently read a thread called "Leaked Letter reveals swine flu jab has links to killer nerve disease" www.abovetopsecret.com... - To me, this isnt suprising at all. About 13 years ago my mother received a flu shot, a normal thing many people do, and not too long after began to feel very ill. This started out with numbness in her feet and hands. Being worried, she asked her doctor what was wrong, and they told her it was nothing, and everything would be fine soon. Progressively this got worse. The numbness went from her hand and feet, to up her legs and arms. She couldnt eat anymore, shower, take care of us kids, or even WALK. Her body was killing itself. Finally after this happened, tests were run and she was told she had GBS. This was devastating to our family. My mother couldnt do anything.

She started getting treatment and nothing was working. She was confined to her bed and would crawl up and down our apartment steps to try and do normal things, refusing to let this disease bring her down. She felt as if she had to be as normal as possible because she would not let this disease defeat her. She started to react to treatment in a positive way. Receiving several spinal taps, weekly 6 hour long I.V.'s, constant doctor visits and she started to regain her ability to walk, and do things on her own. This disease was at its worst point for 5 years before she became any better. She is now in better health, but still has numbness in hands and feet, and was told the disease could start back up at any time and it could be fatal. After reading the thread i linked to in the 1st paragraph, the swine flu vaccine is really scaring me if this is a potential outcome as I wouldnt wish GBS on my worst enemy. This disease is what will eventually kill my mother. People, please educate yourself on this and if they are saying it will go this far, DO NOT receive this vaccine. Seeing this first hand, I do not believe the swine flu to be worse than Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

**So a point I want to make is that you CAN get GBS from influenza vaccines and it can or will kill you. If any more info is needed on this or questions i will call my mother and have her join (i'll try) or I will just tell you what she says to me.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

[edit on 16-8-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

GBS is real, as you are well aware. It is mentioned in this book "The Exact Same Moon", by Jeanne Marie Laskas. It happened to her mother too.

Ms. Laskas is a former columnist for The Washington Post magazine, now lives in rural Pennsylvania and writes memoirs of her transformation from urban dweller to country living. Witty, humorous, touching.

I avoid vaccines. But, I still have my tonsils. I think they help keep me healthy.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that happened to your mom. I personally don't like vaccines and I tried my best not to let my kids get vaccines fearing they might get more than what is on the label. I had to look up GBS to read about the disease as I had never heard of it. Here's a quick link to wikipedia for others who need a quick reference.

Gullian-Barre Syndrome

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Thank you so much for this thread.

I just posted a thread myself on schools getting ready to give H1N1 shots:

Schools gear up for swine flu shots

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
And also I do hope your mother stays in remission. I have had Lyme disease for six years now and it is in remission but I suffered from similar symptoms when I first contracted the disease. I had numbness in my arms and legs...felt like I was becoming paralyzed...the worse part was having nearly constant trouble breathing...

My heart and hope goes out to your mother...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Astarfaraway

thank you so much for your kind words. I wish you the best as well. Yes, the stoppage of breathing was a very scary thing to worry about. It was especially unnerving when my mother would simply sleep, especially after the nurse visits when she would administer an IV. My mother would become very tired and had very shallow breathing. As far as the numbness, you can tickle my moms hands and feet, even burn the area and she wont feel it to this day.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

thank you so much for your kind words. I wish you the best as well. Yes, the stoppage of breathing was a very scary thing to worry about. It was especially unnerving when my mother would simply sleep, especially after the nurse visits when she would administer an IV. My mother would become very tired and had very shallow breathing. As far as the numbness, you can tickle my moms hands and feet, even burn the area and she wont feel it to this day.

You are very welcome. I have found that exercise is very helpful. Eating well and taking lots of vitamin C helps too, as well as certain herbal remedies, but exercise has been phenomenal at keeping the Lyme down. Don't know if this would help your Mom, it may, not sure. I walk, jog, run around seven miles five to six days a week. People think I'm nuts, I think that sometimes too :-) but it really does help a lot! Seems to be more the duration (takes me about 70 to 80 minutes) and frequency (5 to 6 days a week) of the exercise that helps the most.

I think one of the biggest mistakes I made when first getting Lyme was NOT doing anything (I had been walking and jogging prior to this, but not as much as now). Your Mom did the very best thing by attempting to move around and not let the disease keep her down. Bravo for her!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I've told her to exercise, but she just doesnt like to! She is very fit for her age. This disease did come to her at a bad time, she just had her 5th child and the oldest was 13. Some of the doc's dont know how she beat it and has kept it off, but the thought of it coming back, especially when she is older does worry us. I have to give you much respect for not letting Lyme disease get you down and talking about it. I strongly believe fighting diseases' like this is as much a mental fight as it is physical.

new topics

top topics

join