It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth and taste.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I want to thank you, for taking the time to answer my question earlier.

I thought that would be the answer - and so in the ATS conspiracy minded way, I see the Swine flu then - needing to be the catalyst to get the military to go against the people, otherwise they would not.

So, in essence that makes me even believe more - it is a manufactured flu and is the perfect vehicle for cracking down on the people and getting martial law in place, with the military behind it as the excuse of "saving people" you will need to possibly kill people.

Thanks and welcome again!!! Look forward to seeing you around here!!

BTW: Good goin Watcher - thanks for the lyrics and setting ME straight!!

I read ME's post and was perplexed on why he posted what he did and realized he took the OP as literal in the meaning of the title - compared to knowing it was a Stones song!! Don't know how that was missed by him, since so many others have referred to it!!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Wealth and taste?

Bragging about your wealth is distasteful in my eyes. We will be watching you to see what really brings you to ATS. Welcome.

Umm, it's a song called "Sympathy For The Devil" by the Stones, dude. I'm about as crass and middle-class as they come.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Howdy Griever,

Nice to have you here. I look forward to reading your thoughts. Thanks for the awesome lyrically reference!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Griever0311

OK then. Im not familar with those lyrics.

I'll still be watching you though.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griever0311
Hello, everyone at ATS,

Y'aright there mate!

Welcome to one website of many similar, filled with people who think they know it all, loons who believe everything from unposed-for snaps of politicians show masonic or/and satanic messages to an electrical black out in NYC being the word of aliens or the NWO (yes, there has been several page threads on both subjects), far right wing bigots who desperately want to demean the work of Obama and constantly squeel about his birth certificate, who would never give the man a chance and finally, some of the weakest minded, most numbingly cretinous and terminally imbecilic people you could ever come across!

In this mix, there are a small number of great, thoughtful, intelligent and open minded posters, who won't call a picture of a seagull "absolute proof of alien visitation!" and will engage their brain's and search for rational, scientific explanations for supposed paranormalities. These people are frequently abused for being "closed minded", "dumb", "disinfo agents" (you couldn't make it up!!) or simply "sceptics" and "debunkers", as though those words were naturally derogatory!

You will also occasionally find threads that contain hidden gems and on the odd blue moon, you might just come across something completely mind blowing!!

I sound very bitter, don't I? Well, believe me, I have been polite here!

Anyway, I wouldn't have said anything at all, except maybe a quick, hearty salutation but I just love it that there will be hundreds of people on this site who don't even know who, or what the Rolling Stones are and the majority will not have the slightest idea what Sympathy for the Devil is, so they are all going to presume that you have been obnoxious and arrogant enough to introduce yourself as "a man of wealth and taste"!

I find that funny, you have immediately alienated a large group of members. You are Bob Dylan going electric!

Seriously. Enjoy your stay, mate! I'm sure you'll meet many decent people and find lot's if interesting material.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just for the record I knew exactly what you meant by the wealth and taste thing. I took it as you introducing yourself as the devil because of the awesome song you referenced. I thought it was a catchy way to do your intro. I mean that's the thing that made me read your intro.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Just for the record I knew exactly what you meant by the wealth and taste thing. I took it as you introducing yourself as the devil because of the awesome song you referenced. I thought it was a catchy way to do your intro. I mean that's the thing that made me read your intro.

I'm sure many did, Jack. I know for a fact there are many on here with cracking music tastes. Plus, the auld fogies, like Springer (sorry, our kid
) et al who were bouncing around their gardens while Meredith Hunter was murdered by the Hells Angel's, while the Stones played that very song. Though there was still 9 years to go before I hit the Earth, I have been lucky enough to see the Stones perform that 4 times and there is always a strange and slightly ominous feeling that passes through the audience when they play SftD. Apparently, the band stopped playing that song for a period after Altamont, because supposedly, something terrible always happened when it was performed (or was that Under my Thumb? Not as good a story if so).

Anyway, I was just being slightly facetious. There will be loads of posters who wouldn't know a good record if Keith Richards hit them over the head with it (www.youtube.com...)! Age is not a good enough excuse for listening to terrible music and not knowing who The Stones, Smiths, Buzzcocks, Nick Cave, Captain Beefheart etc etc are! You know... I have heard several people in their late teens who don't know who The Beatles are, or who Elvis is?!?! How can that happen??

Anyway... sorry to go so off topic but MODS! Don't delete this!! It's still on topic enough, as it is regarding his title! Delete this and I'll set the shadow people on you!

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Do you hope I guess your name?

Welcome to the Jungle!

See! It's posts like this that frustrate me!! People who think Guns 'n' Roses created Sympathy for the Devil!!
If GnR is the first thing that comes into your mind when you think of that song, you need to thoroughly question the legitimacy of your popular cultural history! Actually, if GnR ever enter your mind for ANY reason, you outta seek out electro convulsive therepy (unless your just thinking about Slash, Slash is ACE! And he's a Brit, which makes him that little but better!)

Only playing with you, Watcher!

P.s. Yes, I'm a complete and utter music snob... and proud of it!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Welcome and well met, dude. Beware of the little minds that will try to pigeonhole you into their little boxes. Hope to see some thoughtful comments and posts in your future.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

Rolling Stones IMHO beats the pants off Guns and Roses. But I am biased and I admit that.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't know if the "But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game " is supposed to be a veiled inference , is it ?
Line2

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Hmm, I guess I didn't really didn't do my homework before I picked that song. I never thought about that ahead of time, but I guess the nature of my game is puzzling some people. I was just trying to think of a cool intro title no one had used before, and thought I would use a line from one of my favorite songs; and I figured, "Hey, everyone like the Stones and G&R, right?" That's all there is.

OR IS IT???
... Yeah, that's all there is. I wish I'd been that clever.

[edit on 2009/8/16 by Griever0311]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Sorry , you know.. this being a conspiracy site and all that . It isn't that I am forever looking for hidden meanings , just sometimes the nature of the site might attract people that might leave some kind of hidden meaning in their post , I had to ask )

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I read your posts you look like a troll from /b/ to me. not buying your legitimacy. i'd love for you to prove me wrong. anyways cool story bro.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bringer

Oh, well. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm just trying to find my own answers, allay fears, and correct misconceptions where I can and where it's warranted, and to otherwise make as few waves as possible. It seems like a decent community here, and the mods are pretty vigilant. I'm sure that if they determine I'm a troll, I'll be banned before you have time to be pissed.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Hey dude, You ever been to North Las Vegas??? My gawd, I don't know bringer, but he's gotta have an extra set of eyes in the rear for that place.

At times I'd think it would seem like a vacation to the sand box....

I think he's just a little paranoid is all.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I'm actually planning on heading out there at the end of this month. Hoping for a good time (and that I still have a car and more than 2 dollars to my name when I leave).

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Welcome Griever0311 I am Mike e. Dangerously glad to meet ya.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

food is cheap!!! Check out the free flyer stands. There are many of them that have half off on food, room, and the like.

Shoot, I've been getting emails for several night stays for free. They're bending over for the buck!!!!

Oh, on that topic
should you call any "services" don't; most of the 'ranches' have free limo rides.....with a good tip, of course.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS

I've read your OP, and what puzzles me is the nature of your game.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Great intro

Hope you enjoy your time here and take advantage of the ample supply of knowledge and research here. Just remember this place can be highly additictive and sometimes you may need to take a break.

Much respect and graditude for your service

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Welcome!

I hope you can awaken some of your buddies too, that would be great!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join