It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth and taste.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Griever0311

Thank you very much for your answer. So as far as you know, there may be some foreign troops located within the US, at any given time for training etc. and you are not aware of any foreign troop build up located in the US.

This is good news, as there are continual rumors of mass foreign troop build ups who will be used for gun confiscation. I never put much credence in these rumors, however, it is always nice to get some confirmation, from a knowledgeable source.

Thanks again and Thank you for serving our country!

[edit on 16-8-2009 by octaviameister]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griever0311

I actually commented on a sentiment about that a day or so ago in the "Pentagon wants 400,000 more troops in the U.S." thread on the front end. I sincerely hope the same thing, and like I said there, there are plenty of us who remember the oath we swore and the meaning behind it.

Welcome Griever0311!

I want to say thanks again for your service and your sentiments.
With men like you in service, why would we worry? Your a brave heart, and I am glad you changed your avatar, for the obvious reason. Besides, you would have had an unfair advantage with the girls a putting pic like that up. To die for!
Be safe, and be good!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FantasmaTaans

Thank you for your answer. I will assume you are not aware of any foreign troop build up here in the domestic US.

And thank you for your service to our country!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Never call a Marine a Soldier, they dont like that

Welcome to ATS, I am nothing but a lower enlisted soldier but i've always known about the things going on in the government.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. I don't believe I've seen an introduction quite like yours. You are a Marine and I thank you for your service to our country. Just a quick thought though.

With the White House apparently asking for people to report dissenters to them, why on earth would you so readily agree with the way "everyone" feels here? Also, what would that feeling be that you agree with? Call it paranoia if you like, but I can see something that needs to be asked.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

With the White House apparently asking for people to report dissenters to them, why on earth would you so readily agree with the way "everyone" feels here? Also, what would that feeling be that you agree with? Call it paranoia if you like, but I can see something that needs to be asked.

Because I'm honestly interested in what's wrong with our country, and a man with personal integrity is act in a manner that he sees fit regardless of the consequences, in this case making my voice heard about chemical weapons that we found and were attacked with in Iraq, disused compounds that we discovered and were then told to avoid after they were secured, Blackwater operational areas that excluded military personnel, and excessive vaccines that had who-the-hell-knows what in them. I personally don't feel I'm in any danger of being party-vanned in our current political climate, so until things go crazy, I'm just another ear to the ground like the rest of you. And for the "what exactly do I agree with" thing, It's not so much any particular thread, or theory that I've seen here so far that rings true. As I said, I just casually browsed for a while before joining up. Honestly, I haven't found any recent threads that match up to what I plan on posting about, and I figured that maybe someone here knew something I didn't. My motivations are a little deeper than just fact-finding, though. I am honestly sickened and worried about the course our nation is taking, and the general complacency of our society; what I see here are people I can relate to: more alert and more sensitive to the times. I hope that answers your question.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

soo... are you a friend or foe???

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow12

Well, I had hoped that that would be plainly obvious to anyone who read this, but I am a friend to my brothers and sisters I serve with, and the people and Constitution I swore to defend with my life.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Wow.. am I late for the party or what?

Welcome aboard Griever..

Dive in and enjoy the warm waters here.. It's not all plain sailing as you have found out already and I'm shocked that nobody has offered you a link to This Information yet... It might save you a few tenderised moments

Spread the word, We're doing all we can to help and assist each and all in all our own unique ways

Keep posting and we'll see you in ATS chat at some point.. or even in mutter when they get that back up and running..

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Hey, thanks, Extra. I just kind of noticed the little "Introductory Post" thing a few days after i joined, and haven't seen the "Big Page O' Rules" yet, either.

[edit on 2009/8/16 by Griever0311]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You're very welcome..

It does tend to take a little while to settle into what you can and can't do.. so if you're ever unsure about saying something or posting the wrong stuff etc, then you always got that link to refresh your memory.

We all do tend to have the odd moment of confusion or forgetfulness though.. It's too easy to post or talk as you normally would out on civvy street..

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It is such a reward to meet someone with as much intelligence and integrity as you have shown yourself to possess.

I am greatly appreciative of many of the posts and comments you have made so far and look forward to reading many more of your thoughts and concerns.

Thank you for coming on board.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
nice to see another oath taker remembering where they came from & why they joined.

semper fi you devil dog.

ma-riiiiiiiiiiine... thats the sound of the sh*t hitting the fan.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I was fortunate enough to do some training at Quantico Virginia when I was stationed in D.C. during my active duty years. I gained a great deal of respect for the Marines. Tough as nails and unwavering determination to accomplish. I look forward to participating in your threads.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hey bro!

Hope everything is good for you.
Please feel free to talk about what you want and what you feel about it.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well welcome again,

I feel you could have done very well indeed in College
and indeed if you play the game will do very well in the Corp's.

Some things you have said since my opening hello have disuaded any concerns, so only as a fellow member of ATS and due to you career etc, and some indentifiable info you have posted already...

Well my friend post behind a Proxy away from base eh....

Otherwise you will stay a lance for ever.

Pray do tell though, a man of wealth, as you describe your life, must be from a family stock, therefore you must have chosen the Armed services due to strong patriotic fever and feelings.

Though this does not tally with you deep concerns about the nation governance and top down explanations.....

So am I right you joined due such patriotisim, and if so why stay when financially not needed to in this job/role if your eyes have been opened since to the true nature of the situation of the comtempt many politicians and the hill has tot he brave servicemen?

Ps also I sense a Private education, non state funded until youdecided no college, then to the services... correct?

Looking forward to your threads and contributions.

On the informtion you said is not recently forthcoming from ATS well have you seen these though old, both for me are very interesting and important:

DU and GW Syndrome and Bahgdad Boils

Also a not very well responded to or flagged post by ADVISOR (long standing super mod) but a Video definately very well worth seeing on this issue:

What would the Government Kill for? WARNING Graphic

If you have not seen them, well I am sure they will interest you indeed.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

It's the lines from a song elf.
"Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Maybe so,

Though some things might indicate a closer to home truth in it.

Maybe not lol

Just adding some "Brown Sugar" to my coffee, contemplating....

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I am very sure he put the opening lyrics verbatum.

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith
And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I stuck around St. Petersberg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the Czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the Blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
What's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah

I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the Gods they made

I shouted out
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all
It was you and me

Let me please introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadors
Who get killed before they reached Bombay

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, um yeah

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, um yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, um baby, get down

Woo, who
Oh yeah, get on down
Oh yeah
Oh yeah!

Tell me baby, what's my name
Tell me honey, baby guess my name
Tell me baby, what's my name
I tell you one time, you're to blame

Ooo, who
Ooo, who
Ooo, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Oh, yeah

What's my name
Tell me, baby, what's my name
Tell me, sweetie, what's my name

Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Oh, yeah

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Wealth and taste?

Bragging about your wealth is distasteful in my eyes. We will be watching you to see what really brings you to ATS. Welcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join