It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth and taste.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hello, everyone at ATS, I just saw this "introduction post" thing, and figured I'd better do mine. I'm not a very eloquent writer, and I'm not Einstein, so I'll try to make this as brief as possible.

I'm a U.S. Marine in the growing ranks in our military that are none too happy with the behavior of our government, its leadership, and its handling of the war. I've been watching this site for a while, just didn't member up. My lieutenant mentioned it a while ago while we were *snip* about some shady stuff we encountered our first time over, and I realized what a stark contrast there was between the official line on some things, and what was really happening. So I gave it a look to see if anyone here was sane or if it was just another *snip* of nutjobs. To my surpise, I've seen that most of the people here (in the places I've looked) do their research, raise legitimate concerns, and generally don't act like dumbasses. Pleasant surpise.

I understand how a lot of people here feel. It gets pretty damn aggravating being told "don't worry about it," "it's being looked into," "that's above your pay grade," "you're not the Provost Marshal, stop asking questions." So I'm here to hopefully contribute relevant material if I see a post that needs it, and maybe to see if anyone's keeping an eye on the same things I am. Semper Fidelis.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.
Terms And Conditions Of Use

[edit on 16-8-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hey,

Your first flag!! I never read the intros, but that intro has a significant meaning for me; as I know a dude that wears that song as though it were truly written for'em.

Okay, that said. I'm glad to see you awake, and alive. I want all you guys back home, and safe. It pisses me off what's going on over there; considering the huge $$$$$ made by private no bid corporations... Which move their headquarter's to Dubai.

Speak up, and make Your presence heard. Don't let anyone get away with the crap goin' on now.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Griever0311

Welcome to ATS, Griever. Thank you for putting your ass on the line instead of my own. My rear was on the line long ago.

I can't imagine being in a war situation and also being able to communicate. I don't envy what you have to SEE.

Let one of us know if you can't figure something out here.

most of us are fluent in cluster****.

Be safe.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Do you hope I guess your name?

Welcome to the Jungle!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

welcome to the club.

I would like to make a suggestion since you are new.
If that is you in the image, perhaps you should consider changing it or obscuring your face. Nothing personal. Face recognition software allows the ABC agencies to easily find people especially since you've mentioned being in the military. Kind of puts you in their crosshairs, should you write anything they don't like.

Besides that, welcome aboard. Should you need any assistance feel free to ask.

Animo et Fide

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

welcome to the club.

If that is you in the image, perhaps you should consider changing it or obscuring your face. Nothing personal. Face recognition software allows the ABC agencies to easily find people especially since you've mentioned being in the military. Kind of puts you in their crosshairs, should you write anything they don't like.

Besides that, welcome aboard. Should you need any assistance feel free to ask.

Animo et Fide

I thought you were joking at first......

Welcome Griever

[edit on 05/08/09 by LiveForever8]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hey!
!
Hope you guess my name!!!!! doo doo, doo doo......

I can never resist a man with good taste for music (you are a man, right)?

Welcome and thank you!

I can only hope and pray that all our troops are "awake" like you.

HELP!!!!!

[edit on 15-8-2009 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

If that is you in the image, perhaps you should consider changing it or obscuring your face. Nothing personal.

Good to see you take your own advice! (re your own avatar!)

Welcome Griever, your knowledge and experience will be invaluable on ATS.

Oh and much repsect for what you do, I'd last five minutes out there!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Welcome Griever, I'm in the Army so, I'll type slowly so you can read it better.

Enjoy the show.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS soldier.

I liked your first avy better btw.

But here's a sized version of the one you have now: files.abovetopsecret.com...

We don't want you "dressing" to the side now do we.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Roger that, message received, and all that jazz. Thanks for the advice; I think my new avatar fits the bill nicely, and thanks for the warm reception. Oh yeah, just so no one's under any false pretenses, I'm sitting safely back in the states for the time being (livin' it up!). Gotta get ready for that next deployment, ya know? It seems like such and endless cycle though, everybody's wondering when it's gonna stop.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Will most likely get worse before it every gets better. Here's to hoping they never try to use you guys against us.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I actually commented on a sentiment about that a day or so ago in the "Pentagon wants 400,000 more troops in the U.S." thread on the front end. I sincerely hope the same thing, and like I said there, there are plenty of us who remember the oath we swore and the meaning behind it. Anybody who orders the execution of Americans on my squad's watch earns a buttstroke to the head and a free set of flex-cuffs.

[edit on 2009/8/15 by Griever0311]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I am so relieved to hear you say that. The PTB are gearing toward totalitarian h*ll. We must all be vigilant, and think ahead of what they are doing. The time is near.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Gotta get ready for that next deployment, ya know?

A close member of my family is in the marines, and came back after 2 deployments to Iraq, and was scheduled to be deployed to Afghanistan, but was told that he will not be deployed again.
Anyway, welcome and Semper Fi.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Very glad you decided to join us, the more the merrier. However even though this site seems so one sided I have seen the other hand visit from time to time. You are right though, most of the ATS folks who frequent this site tend to be a little more mature and not so critical of those they disagree with. This site also good moderators who do the watch dog thing well allowing both sides of entertaining arguement to stress there point to a point maturity is the norm. Yes of course at times, myself and others will poke fun at paranormal issues, but I never get excessive about it. You will find much of the topics here showing an earnest desire for wholesome mature entertainment no one can get from the television and thats what this thing is all about. I hope you enjoy our company.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I am so very glad you feel that way.
Familiar with these guys? Oathkeepers.org If not I figured it might help you to know about if it ever comes to that. Let us both hope it doesn't though.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

Ex

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Good Evening and Welcome

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
welcome! hope you enjoy ATS! Look forward to hearing from someone in your position. Take care.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Welcome Dude! Hey maybe you can get posted to Deluce, NM. Let us know what the Aliens are doing down there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join