Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth and taste.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Darn it, now you got that song stuck in my head.

No star for you!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hello and Welcome.

I was wondering if you could comment on your knowledge of any "foreign" troops located here in the US. We continually hear stories there are thousands of them from several different countries stationed here. It would be nice to get some type of confirmation of their authenticity.

Thank you in advance and again, Welcome!@

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Welcome to ats.

I am always so fearful for our troops and the damage it does to a man or woman to see rampant violence and horrors on a daily basis. My uncle was an Army Ranger during Vietnam and it forever changed that man. Wooden nickles and all.
To this very day he still has the same nightmares and we all know how long ago the Vietnam war was.

I hope you enjoy it here, a crazy yet informative place we have here.

Thank you for your service to our nation, we can never thank you young people enough for your sacrifice.

red

Ex

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hi again,
Please disreguard folks that are asking too personal guestions
You must remember that this is a public forum and anyone can join
personal data about any troop locations or exercises..hmmmmmm .
Just a nudge

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Griever
You are held in high respect in my perspective.
To control a country you must control MONEY, MEDIA and MILITARY.
What percent of MILITARY, current and retired do you speculate would follow the oath and not some illegal order?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griever0311
Roger that, message received, and all that jazz. Thanks for the advice; I think my new avatar fits the bill nicely, and thanks for the warm reception. Oh yeah, just so no one's under any false pretenses, I'm sitting safely back in the states for the time being (livin' it up!). Gotta get ready for that next deployment, ya know? It seems like such and endless cycle though, everybody's wondering when it's gonna stop.

Not to be a damper but I don't think it will stop anytime soon.

The rate we go we'll just pop up a couple bases there in the next couple years and then people can complain both about getting sent to Korea and Iraq.

I would like to say,

we got fun and games

but if that were true none of us would be here lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Okay, it's me back again. Thanks again for all the posts and flags. I'm always kind of leery when it comes to posting my own stuff as it relates to incurring moderator wrath (don't know if this would be off-topic or not), but I'm gonna try to answer a few peoples' questions here, because I can't yet use the U2U thing.

[edit on 2009/8/16 by Griever0311]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Oops, double-post.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Welcome dude,
I'm in the United States Air Force myself. My brother is 0311, but I will not discuss doing what where, but you most likely already know.
My other brother is in the United States Navy, and my father was in the Army, 17th Airborne Corps.
I'm am but a mere maintainer (F-16 crew chief) and a fellow lurker myself.
What I would recommend to be patient with all the military killing it's citizens crap, and try to remain logical. Also becareful with your info what you're doing and all that. Remember OPSEC, especially on a conspiracy site like this. You never know who are hackers and the crazies and etc. Not saying everyone is, there's a lot of logical people here. Just have fun dude, and take it easy.
B e Z man.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
Griever
You are held in high respect in my perspective.
To control a country you must control MONEY, MEDIA and MILITARY.
What percent of MILITARY, current and retired do you speculate would follow the oath and not some illegal order?

Everyone. We all take that oath, and we die for it. Do not think anyone of us would turn against our citizens, they are our friends, and families. Plus not to mention not all 1.5 million active duty personnel are not infantry and/or cops.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by octaviameister
Hello and Welcome.

I was wondering if you could comment on your knowledge of any "foreign" troops located here in the US. We continually hear stories there are thousands of them from several different countries stationed here. It would be nice to get some type of confirmation of their authenticity.

Thank you in advance and again, Welcome!@

Don't know about USMC US Army or USN, in the USAF we occasionally get foreign visitors. Training or just a good showing of our jets are better than your jets etc. Not to mention Red Flag: Las Vegas and Alaska.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
(And first intro to get this many flags)

I noticed, and I don't understand why other new members don't receive the same recognition...

Anyway, welcome to ATS

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

What do you and your buddies think, about how you may be deployed - for helping with the Swine Virus - spin?

If the U.S. govt. deploys troops here, for that excuse/reasoning of "helping people or quarantines" due to the swine virus, does that put a different type attitude in the heads of the soliders, compared to just a martial law event?

In other words - would troops be more willing to go against the people - because they are not following the quaratines - compared to if just martial law would happen? To me, those two contrast/scenerios can bring up two totally different thoughts in one solider, in what he is willing to do. In one, he may not be willing to shoot someone (martial law), but in another he may be willing to shoot someone (due to escaping quaratines, etc).

Okay, first one. I'm gonna try and do as little speculation as I can, and stay as close to my own sphere as possible, so here goes.

For the scenario you describe, a Marine unit called the Chemical Biological Incident Response Force might come into play. This is a force-in group composed of NBC techs and infantry Marines whose mission in a "homeland security" situation would be to establish quarantine zones, coordinate/establish a medical/decon infrastructure, and basically patrol the quarantine zone looking for anyone who's alive so they can bring them in for decon and treatment, and to ensure nothing breaks quarantine. They ALREADY HAVE legal authority to act in an operational capacity within the United States. I've never heard anything that specifically relates to the rules of engagement in a situation like that, but I imagine Marines' ROEs in a situation like that would be a bit different than they usually are. I also know that the military considers quarantines SERIOUS BUSINESS.

I'm sure most people that care about something like this are already familiar with the Insurrection Act, and the nice, new, shiny coat of paint it got in '06, so I'll just say that its enaction would WIDELY expand the availability of personnel deployable; I believe the first thing in a lot of troops' minds in such a situation would be something as basic as avoiding disciplinary action by higher-ups by being party to a quarantine break.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Griever0311

Welcome to ATS home of the we need to know the truth. Truth sounds easy enough to demand but the price of truth can be costly.

Enjoy

Rhain

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
good post and welcome!

SnF for you cause you used my fave word....cluster___!!

edit- i mean just a flag...i went back to star and realized i couldnt.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by miss_sky]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by octaviameister

I think somebody kinda fielded this already. All the stuff you see about that are publicly acknowledged joint training exercises that are conducted with regularity on military bases all over the United States. I actually missed one of these during my first enlistment (I was doing SEPS/TAPS) where our platoon was training Dutch Marines for convoy ops. Crappy gear, but decent guys.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Oh, I don't doubt it, dude. That was always the big joke: Iraq's gonna be a friggin' duty station.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hello...Welcome to the jungle of what is and isn't...

Look around have some fun and post where you are interested in the subject. Trust me there are so many you will hit your post count in no time!
xoxo stacie
P,S
love the title!
If only we all had wealth and taste

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
welcome.

and thank you for your service.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If you wanna stay here long enough to find out, I suggest you don't use bad words, mods will be hunting you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join