It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Who, benefits, how and why? That's the bottom line. It always is.
And you would be correct. Obama refers to it as the "Health Insurance Exchange". It will be your "marketplace for health care options", according to him.
Here is my conclusion thus far. Rising costs of Health Care costs are cutting deep into the INS CO's bottom lines. The spiriling cost + cost of premiums is reducing the amount of profit... So the INS CO's say fine, let's cut these programs loose. Specific "premium" policies will exist for those that can afford it, but government sponsored programs for the rest.. The INS CO will be subsidized and supposedly cost will level out.. The rest of the various ins products won't be effected, and they bring the most profit... cutting out the most expensive part.
Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Just in case anyone wants to do a reality check (so sorry for imposing it on anyone who loves to avoid it)…the President of the United States is Commander in Chief of the Nation’s Military…
Serious ailments are treated at either the Bethesda Naval Hospital or Walter Reed Army Medical Center depending on the condition. There is a small clinic inside the White House for emergencies and routine checkups of a simple diagnostic nature, with a Doctor either on staff or close by on call 24 hours a day. He is after all Commander in Chief of the United States Military and Chief Executive Officer of the United States Corporation.
Safeguarding his health in a well secured environment is a matter of National Security deemed to always be in the Nation’s best interest.
No this health care plan is not available to you!
This health care plan will never be made available to you unless you become President of the United States.
Now if you really think from a personal standpoint, a National Security Standpoint he is going to opt out of that program of privilege and some would call necessity because of his position of supreme authority…
I am against the Government getting into Health Care or trying to legislate it too, but come one people. At least try to understand the current system before you create a national epidemic of smashed jaws from your knees jerking so much!
Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Are ya'll who are going off on Obama kidding me??
The plan in plain english reads as :
Originally posted by seabisquit
reply to post by PieKeeper
There are sections of the bill that state if you opt out of the plan you would need to pay the govt $2500.00 per anum so that alone would force many into the plan whilst destroying the small insurance companies. AIG is most likely going to be written into this for the benefit of the elitists.
This is bad for the middle class, doctors, employment, everyone but the globalists and 20 million bums who are too lazy to work, as well as 30 million illegal aliens (many of which would be included in the first 20 million).
The elitists are destroying our country and the general populace with every new bill they pass. This one could be the fatal blow that we may never recover from.
[edit on 16-8-2009 by seabisquit]
As if that isnt bad enough those of us who do get it are caught between the mob-rule of the morons who dont and the guns and prisons of the oligarchs.
Makes me sick.
Though I will admit it is ironic, that we are arguing about choice, and they did make a choice. To screw their employees ugggh.
There should be something in the bill to prevent this type of thing. Perhaps fines for passing the dollar down to cover the fine. That's just disgusting. Because I am afraid one thing you can count on is greed.
"Most people think that corporate income taxes are paid by wealthy, anonymous companies," said Scott Hodge, President of the Tax Foundation. "But as economists have been teaching for years, people bear the burden of corporate taxes, not companies."
Research from the Congressional Budget Office shows that in a global economy where capital is highly mobile but workers can't easily move abroad, workers end up bearing the brunt of corporate taxes. In 2007, Economist William Randolph found that 70 percent of corporate tax burdens fall on employees through lower wages and productivity, while the remaining 30 percent fall on company shareholders. A recent Tax Foundation study shows the federal corporate income tax alone collected $370 billion in 2007. That's an average household burden of $3,190 per year - more than the average household spends on restaurant food, gasoline or home electricity in a year. Source