It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Would Refuse To Join ObamaCare The $64,000 question finally asked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
politics serve corporations interests, and democracy is the smoke
and mirror effect of the current way of things: fascism.

Look in the dictionary what happens when corp + gov get together.

Oh yeah, in the next 4 years you can change 'the players'.

Im so sick of this; why people dont at least be free in their minds?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by PieKeeper

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
I thought it was a health care plan for low income earners that can't afford private health insurance? How could Obama refuse it when he's not even eligible?

Exactly.

Everyone is so quick to jump the shark and go "Hey, Obama doesn't want it, must mean it's rubbish." No. I'm sure the Obama family has health care that they are already satisfied with. The new health care system being proposed is for a public option, mostly for those who don't have/can't afford health care.

Doesn't matter. it is THE public option that he's proposing. Even if he can afford private insurance (at the government's expense), the question remains... Would you, Mr. President, as a statement of your conviction that the public option will be good for Americans, opt in to the public option?

It DOES matter when people are using this as evidence that every American will be forced onto the public plan.

That's the problem with this debate. People are running with this whole notion that Universal Heath Insurance will wipe out & replace private insurers. I haven't read anything that shows that to be the case.

Do you think that these private insurers will just roll over & abandon the market? If anything, competing with a low cost or free plan may force them to get their act together. I didn't hear anyone complaining about them taking bailout money while we were all rallying against the auto manufacturers, saying 'let the market sort them out'.

This reminds me of a thread from a week or so ago where someone posted a video of Obama and said "Watch as this reporter gets him to ADMIT that it won't be the Government that forces people off their current plan, it will be the employers!". The person linking to the video even said what time to skip to in the video to see it happen. So I watched the video in it's entirety 3 times, and realized that Obama indeed said that employers may be forced to limit their employees options. Only thing was, he said that's what would happen if we DIDN'T pass health care reform.

I called the poster out on it, and he accused me of not watching the video. Let me reiterate this for you. The video showed the opposite of what the poster had captioned it as. The OPPOSITE. Seriously, some of these people will argue that up is down if it reinforces their viewpoint.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

If you are a Federal employee, you may participate in a health insurance plan. You will, of course, pay for it. The Government covers 1/3 of the premium and you pay the rest. Usually, a Blue Cross/Shield plan is what is affordable. Standard option-Family requires deductibles per person [$200] and total family [$600]. It also requires co-pays [about $20 for a doctor visit] and has virtually no dental or eye care coverage. There is catastrophic coverage but even that has co-pays. You can check rates in your area but a good guess would be $400 to $500 a month or so.
Since you are not a Federal employee, you would have to pay the extra premium.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I've searched all over the internet for a reliable source. everything found that is under this title has the exact same rhetoric. I want to see a video, actual ABC source of the interview, or an apology for posting unreliable information.

www.rense.com...

www.blogtalkradio.com...

www.waketheflockup.com...

www.survivalistboards.com...

?????????????

I've been a watcher of ATS for a year now, and I am SICK and TIRED of people just posting stupid things on here. I finally joined for one reason and one reason only... and that is to eliminate the weak posts because if we are going to figure out what is really going on, we have to eradicate the BS from ATS once and for all...

THIS IS BS.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just in case anyone wants to do a reality check (so sorry for imposing it on anyone who loves to avoid it)…the President of the United States is Commander in Chief of the Nation’s Military…

Serious ailments are treated at either the Bethesda Naval Hospital or Walter Reed Army Medical Center depending on the condition. There is a small clinic inside the White House for emergencies and routine checkups of a simple diagnostic nature, with a Doctor either on staff or close by on call 24 hours a day. He is after all Commander in Chief of the United States Military and Chief Executive Officer of the United States Corporation.

Safeguarding his health in a well secured environment is a matter of National Security deemed to always be in the Nation’s best interest.

No this health care plan is not available to you!

This health care plan will never be made available to you unless you become President of the United States.

Now if you really think from a personal standpoint, a National Security Standpoint he is going to opt out of that program of privilege and some would call necessity because of his position of supreme authority…

Well…OK???

I am against the Government getting into Health Care or trying to legislate it too, but come one people. At least try to understand the current system before you create a national epidemic of smashed jaws from your knees jerking so much!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't know what Prez Obama intends to do with his personal healthcare coverage if this is passed....and I really don't care. His job is to do what is good for the masses, not what is good for him personally. The reality is that you cannot have top notch quality coverage for everyone because there are too many slackers down there in the States. Without a smarter and more resourceful populace, you're not going to get quality coverage if it's paid by the GOV. Of course, the politicians can't come out and say this, but it's not difficult to read in between the lines.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Does anyone have any resources about the so-called "Obamacare?" because I am, admittedly, pretty ignorant on this issue.

Also, I'm a 24 year old student with no healthcare right now. Is "Obamacare" really so bad that I'd rather be insurance-less???

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I am amazed at the number of people that get on these boards about the proposed bill(s) and actually dont know what they contain....any of it.

To the people that say we wont have to pay for it........just where in the world do you think they are going to get the funding? You think its going to fall from the sky?

Second, to all of you who think that youll be able to "opt" out if you dont want it......and that youll always be able to keep your private insurance....ahh gut check for ya

The system allows you to keep your current provider....AS LONG AS NOTHING CHANGES......that means ANYTHING, if your premium goes up, if you ADD anything to it, if you TAKE anything from it......you HAVE to switch over to the government provided system.......thats IN THE BILL ....READ IT!

Dont just take what the MSM and Obama spoon feed you.......the man is a LIAR, hes just a politician......he hasnt done ANYTHING he said he would what the hell makes you think this proposed bill(s) is any different?

Also, a lil economics 1 o 1 , im not sure if you are aware of this, but anytime a government has taken over a particular area of business, most all private sectors of said industry get wiped out.....you cant compete with the government.......and they want to make their money too, you think they wont put you out? Wrong....

What happens when wal-mart moves in to a podunk town? Mom and pops go out of business , they cant compete........

Use some common sense people and stop buying all the b.s.
Do some research, read up on this stuff and PLEASE use your heads.

Edit: Just had to add, I dont know about you America, but i dont need the government to be my daddy, I can take care of myself.

Its time we as a nation grow a freaking pair and start taking care of our damn selves, quit being a nation of damn whiners and entitlement whores, and be something our grandparents could be proud of....

[edit on 15-8-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by nixie_nox

If proof of this statement isn't provided soon this thread needs to be yanked.

Obama supporters HATE when people get truthful info on the big guy.

I am still waiting for proof. Bueller? bueller?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sourcesonly
I've searched all over the internet for a reliable source. everything found that is under this title has the exact same rhetoric. I want to see a video, actual ABC source of the interview, or an apology for posting unreliable information.

www.rense.com...

www.blogtalkradio.com...

www.waketheflockup.com...

www.survivalistboards.com...

?????????????

I've been a watcher of ATS for a year now, and I am SICK and TIRED of people just posting stupid things on here. I finally joined for one reason and one reason only... and that is to eliminate the weak posts because if we are going to figure out what is really going on, we have to eradicate the BS from ATS once and for all...

THIS IS BS.

You joined because you want solid sources... Go check out the UFO's and 9/11 forums...

When did you join? Why did you join?

Those are my questions and thanks for the links... Check the above forums and get back to us.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Uggghh.. SOOO much disinfo and brain washing..
I have health insurance, I will continue to keep my health insurance. So stop saying people will be forced to take the government insurance because this is a LIE! ..If you say this you are either a liar or you are mis informed ...

People WITH OUT Health insurance will get better insurance then what is available to them now. THAT IS IT! .. Obama won't take it, I won't take it , but a single Mother of 3 with a special needs child who cannot afford it, will actually get something decent. These lies have to stop .. so people can have a informed discussion of what are the actual issues with the bill. This Death Panel crap and all the rest of the BS, probably overshadow anything that may be a valid point and can be changed.

See This bill IS getting passed. No doubt about it. So why don't you stop the BS and find the actual issues, or is anyone concerned with actual issues and not just slinging mud.

Read Skeptic Overlords thread on what is really going on in Washington.

The Right wants to take down the president, by any means necessary and they are using you to do it. Because you actually do not do the research and just eat up their lies. Dammed the American people or not. You should all be ashamed.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
"debacle".. Thats the word that should be describing this nation today.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

The system allows you to keep your current provider....AS LONG AS NOTHING CHANGES......that means ANYTHING, if your premium goes up, if you ADD anything to it, if you TAKE anything from it......you HAVE to switch over to the government provided system.......thats IN THE BILL ....READ IT!
[edit on 15-8-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

I have read it... show me in the bill where that is,, Again me thinks you are reading into something incorrectly.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

You can view it here:

thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.3200:

It's referred to as HR 3200.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

Read my above post, dont you get tired of just eating whatever news the media spoon feeds you?

Are you not aware of the provision in said bill?

Obama's talk about his health care plan creating more competition is bunk. It will virtually make private health insurance illegal. If you are self employed you will not be able to get private health insurance. You will be required to get on the public option.

in HR 3200 under section 102

"Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day of Y1."

Also...

"Subject to paragraph (3) and except as required by law, the issuer does not change any of its terms or conditions, including benefits and cost-sharing, from those in effect as of the day before the first day of Y1."

private insurance companies will have built in price controls on existing customers and they won't be able to have new insurers after Y1 of the health care plan.

How do you suppose private insurance companies compete with the government run health care plan? They don't. This bill is designed to kill the private insurance industry and force people onto the government plan.

If you get your healthcare through your employer....

"The Commissioner shall establish a grace period whereby, for plan years beginning after the end of the 5-year period beginning with Y1, an employment-based health plan in operation as of the day before the first day of Y1 must meet the same requirements as apply to a qualified health benefits plan under section 101, including the essential benefit package requirement under section 121."

So, if your employer offers health insurance, he has five years to make his plan identical to the public option! Really? This is our CHOICE? whats the point?

Read the language, look at the proposals.....DENY ignorance, I dont want to hear anymore of the B.S about being able to keep private pay and everything being sunshine and rainbow skittles.

Its all RIGHT THERE IN THE BILL, you cant deny the language.

Stop being spoon fed your information from the administration and take the time to do your own research!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

I have read it... show me in the bill where that is,, Again me thinks you are reading into something incorrectly.

Read Section 102, subsection (A).

He's preventing new enrollments in existing privte plans. Guess what your option is?

Public plan.

"SEC. 102. PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT COVERAGE.

(a) Grandfathered Health Insurance Coverage Defined. --Subject to the succeeding provisions of this section, for the purpose of establishing acceptable coverage under this division, the term "granfathered health insurance coverage" means individual health insurance coverage that is offered and in force and effect before the first day of Y1 if the following conditions are met:

(1) Limitation on new enrollment. --

(A) In General. --Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day of Y1.

thomas.loc.gov...:1:./temp/~c111aEPkic:e22987:

Oops... MBTM beat me to it!

[edit on 15-8-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Every single American deserves the exact same health package that the Senators and Congressmen have. No more. No less.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Its ok JSO sometimes people have to read things over and over again to "get it"

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Surprising? Not at all!

Crappy health care for you and I ...

Excellent health care for the rich and powerful.

For the middle class that say "Oh I will just keep my coverage" .. Well when everyone else jumps on the Government plans, your plans will fold up and all you'll have left is Obamacare for all. The rich will still have their private coverage though.

Then when we go back a few years later complaining how horrible the health care system is nowadays the lawmakers will be very confused.. they will think health care is just fine, their coverage is excellent!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

For low income earners? Read the bill - it's not!

Shortly, we will ALL be low income earners, any way.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join