It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Violent Revolution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I am creating this thread to propose action, instead of discussing ideals. We need a Revolution/Revolt in the United States. Non-violent, and with due process, we need to vote out our Government officials and abolish the corrupt Federal Reserve. But one question always comes up. How do we do it? I am reaching out to all ATS Members, is there a way we can do this legally? A Petition? Town Hall meetings? How is this done without violence?

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."

-Thomas Jefferson

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

Good idea.

You are seeing it happen now.

When this does not work, it escalates to protests and riots.

Then it is a fight to the death, and we hope the good guys win.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Star, and flag for a great idea. This is an important topic, and the idea needs to grow. Here is how we start this process www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Thanks LemonFresh.

I'm not educated in the possibilities of voting out a government and the like, but I think we can do it. We need a start. Let's look into this and find out how we take back our country.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Thanks, I will look into that thread. We can't let this happen anymore. What's next? The time is now, and we can do this without violence.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sancho,

Great idea. Just saying "no" isn't enough though. It's a great idea to put the thought into people's minds, but it doesn't solve our problems. How do we say "no" to our government, by voting them out of office and abolishing the Fed? HOW IS IT DONE? DOES ANYONE KNOW?

It stuns me that this isn't common knowledge. We, as citizens, should know how to make a drastic change in our government, since it's supposed to be 'government, by the people, for the people.'

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think we should find someone that could create a new virtual place so that it was made public for everyone that wanted to give their opinion. I personally believe there is no use in voting. We need to recreate the system, its all messed up. We need a place in where everybody could think about how to recreate the system. Thats all we need. Once we know what we want, we will just do it and no one would be able to stop it because we are the majority.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Vote.

It's about the most non-violent action you can take.

Vote these people out. Let them know. If you use guns, the only thing they will see is a barrel. Vote, and they may have to look at themselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

First thing you should do to start your revolution is to talk to people about it. Talk to complete strangers about it and everyone you know. Let them know how you feel and ask them how they will feel. That will spread the idea to other groups of people who will talk about it with others. Soon enough thousands of people could be talking about your one idea after a while after it has spread around.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Hey, thanks it wasn't my original idea, but that of a wise man. I'd appreciate any help at keeping it going. It is a start to a non violent revolution!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

One of our founding fathers described exactly how to usurp a government. But it takes a majority of the public. Basically, you create a second congress and the people follow the new congress rules, not the old congress. It takes a majority to pull something off like that though. I honestly think the solution is start local, county, state. Don't worry about the feds to any great extent but do stand up and say what needs to be said. Work on your local government first.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I see this as being a front page thread. If you really want a non-violent revolution, do what ghandi did. Make them expect a violent protest, so they get armies and riot police set up. Civic disobedience.

Choose a time in the near future, how about, two months from now as an example. As people agree to a protest, tell them the only thing is, it has to be in your home town for each person, and they each have to tell 10 other people that they need to start something in there home town, they have to each tell 10 other people, and it has to be non violent, and civic disobedience. Also, make sure to tell them the date, or week it is on.

If there is riot police blocking your way, don't shove into them, get everyone just to walk with you, and walk through them. LEt them hit you. If the media sends that through the news, people will be angry that they hurt people.

IF it needs to be violent though, let it be violent, only if violence is worth the end result.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Agreed a massive amount of people all peacefully resisting is a beautiful thing. One idiot though in the mix and screw it all up.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by Phlynx

Agreed a massive amount of people all peacefully resisting is a beautiful thing. One idiot though in the mix and screw it all up.

Have you ever seen V for Vendetta? The police doing something stupid is even more likely.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
we are all hoping for a peaceful solution... I beg yall - till my hair hurts -- dont do anything violent.
wait till the expose themselves - they are brash and confident they will win... but we dont know all of them yet... we are deep but I still feel there is a deeper presence we are not aware of yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So now it seems it to me we need:

1) Create a second congress by gathering people, informing people, and spreading the word.

2) Do this in a non-violent "by the book" way....its the only way it will work.

3) We're on our way, stepping forward in the right direction.

LETS DO IT

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If you abolish, or "vote out" current government officials, what are your plans for replacing said govenment officials? Our country would be thrown into immediate chaos and civil war.

When you want change, you have to begin with what you currently have, and build and improve on it. We would be pulling the rug out from under our own selves, and I'm afraid we wouldn't land on our feet.

Maybe start with changing a particular segment...step by step, rather than talking about such a vast sweeping change which is almost guaranteed to fail, or make matters worse.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I will compile a list when I get the chance, but I have SEVERAL people that would be immediately thrust into power if a revolution were to occur. One of them being Jesse Ventura. There are plenty of qualified people who aren't in government. We can pluck honest people who care about our world out of all of the different industries and businesses in America, to form the "New Government"

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Ventura? Okay. Each to his own. Don't think I will be signing up this go-round.

I really would like to see us try to make this current administration work. SO's thread has scared me half to death, and I literally grieve over what our country has become. And I do like your idea of a "non-violent" revolution.

But we have to know we have something better to put in it's place. Revolution for the sake of revolution, or not having clear cut viable answers beforehand can only lead to further divisions. It seems to me it's outsiders controlling the very administration, and preventing them from doing the work they want to do, is much of the problem. SO's thread indicates the lobbyists are running the country, for example.

That would be a "segment" to tackle first. To end that kind of "buying" of the government. I would join a non-violent revolution to achieve that. To abolutely make lobbying a prosecutable offense.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It happens by simply ignoring authority, thus not giving anyone authority. Blatantly. Take it to the courts when you fail to pay and stall it as long as you can even then. Spread the message and put it into peoples' minds that this government is no longer representing us, that we must distance ourselves from it and undermine its influence, bring power back to local communities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join