It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon Wants Authority to Post Almost 400,000 Military Personnel in U.S

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

We are unable to find the "congressional fact sheet", but if you check this post there are links to broad statement of intent from the NorthCom Commanding General, the post tells you how to find them. they are For Official Use Only, so I will not post them. I recommend accessing them through a proxy server like Proxify.com. Also please read the article link in the opening post very carefully

[edit on 14-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
If the scenario plays out as we are prone to fear it will. What will the media and the clergy be doing?

Telling us about how we must render unto Ceasar that which is his, and showing us pictures of heroic troops herding people into 'special locations' where their safety can be assured?

Great question. Well unlike the clergy during the Revolution, these guys are already focusing attention anywhere but. Dont look for them to set off to many alarm bells. The government has been buying many off with "faith based" money and the effect has spread. In addition they dont what to bring to much attention to themselves becouse they believe so doing will bring jeopardy to the tax exempt status. And they dont hang together well against the government but set idle while they hear the sound of sheep down the road being torn apart.

Plus quite frankly they are out of touch on the issues and for the very large part are not sophisticated enough to provide any real direction on constitutional issues. If a revolution every breaks out in this country many churches will be full of people clinging to the pews, listening to sermons about the second coming, in fear while others outside will be fighting to secure their rights. With few exceptions, most dont even stir until the government threatens the big green christian money machine. As well, we shouldn't expect the major tv ministries to do anything to endanger their precious FCC licenses.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

The other point I raised was that the REX 84 Camps has been implimented for 20+ years and have never been used. I've heard little from anyone regarding this subject. If 400,000 troops were deployed to "Help" people, these are the camps they'd most likely be "helping" them to.

Thank you bringing this to everyone's attention. I agree, we have been under martial law at a minimum since sept 14, 2001.

It's not going to be any kind of black/white, good guy vs bad guy situation either. They will use mercs like Blackwater and dress them up as National Guard, Police, Army, etc and use them as a 5th column.

Reports will come in of National guard firing on Army, Militia shooting at police - you see where I'm going? They will maximize confusion so no-one will know who the real bad guys are.

America won't be all that hard to take down because we have the most centralized systems of distribution and communication of any nation. We do not have the necessary resources in any particular area to sustain it without importing fuel, food, medicine etc, from other areas.

They can and ;probably will take us down section by section and leave each one to starve that they have taken over.

When they are ready to move communications and power will go down and key resistance figures will disappear.
Just my projections on the subject.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

hot,

bae lost out on the contract and it went to another manufacture which is sort weird in itself. because it was like a 3 million dollar contract and it went to a small obscure manufature that had never handle a contract that large. so they had to farmed out some of the work to various jobbers. which is where i work at which is how i found out.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
reply to post by Maxmars

One thing to bear in mind, is any armed conflict with the American people would FAIL as fast as it started. How many of the armed forces would fire on the civiilian population and if the population used their own arms, what would happen. It would be no contest.

They are making the soldiers sign oaths to shoot American citizens if need be, and a gun is one thing but if you go up against a Tank you had better be Bin Laden, or as smart.
In asking some soldiers if would shoot citizen, OH! Hell Yea!

Yes if they are fired on they will fire back. No one should count on anything else.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Thanks for the links, HotRod! I'm just afraid that any minute they will say, "It's time to go to the family camps".

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wildchris

Good to know, Wild. It really sucked to lose that business, it was in very small town that has basically lost everything they had in the past several years.

Same town, coincidentally where the loony tune went on a shooting rampage this spring.

news link

Bitter irony.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by googolplex
ALL of this stuff about States and governors won't mean anything when FEMA steps in and turns on REX84.
The Constitution will be totally out the window as will any State control over anything, orders will all come down from Federal Government thru FEMA.
I read to whole shmeal they can take your food, water, property, as they wish.
Then they have the FEMA camps, and I saw the FEAM coffins they will accommodate at least 3 or 4 and won't have to worry pallbearers, except for one named forklift.

Now Hear This... America has been canceled, due to lack of interest.
Have a nice day!

The British are coming! The British are coming!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

This is something that has crossed my mind numerous times. We observe the various incidents, pending legislations, pronouncements and then discuss how to combat the possible scenarios. I think that these threats have always been around. Some have come to pass and have perhaps degraded our lives but the vast majority have sputtered or faded. (Perhaps only shelved for re-release at a more favorable time.) It also seems there are more suspect happenings now than in the recent past. Is that so or is it that we now have more access to information?

I'm not downplaying the gravity and probability of current events. What crosses my mind is this. How much of this psychological bombardment is just that? My thought is that it is there not for what we perceive as the intent but to keep us occupied, distracted and divided in purpose. Do I think there are ducks that are indeed ducks? Yes. But I also think there is much being done to distract and divide our attention and resources. How many fronts are seemingly under attack? It seems endless and so how can we decipher which are critical?

The Bush and Obama administrations have thought nothing of throwing billions and now trillions into the crapper. To revamp some former military installations and move some troops for example seems small potatoes in the spending scheme. If nothing comes of any of these "plots" they have still succeeded in dividing people and resources. That alone is evil enough.

What do you think? Correct me on this.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator

Just consider that if these troops are authorized, and the World Health Organization declares a level 6 pandemic in the US, they would take over the US Government and use the troops to force vaccinations upon everyone.

That would be a good time to give everyone an injected micro chip as well. After all they have to keep track of the "vaccinated".

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Yes I understand divide and conquer. A tactic that works very well, especially when you are outnumberd. I also understand the politcal strategys used.

You are referring to "management by crisis" correct me if I am wrong.

All the bailouts under President George Bush and President Barack Obama have been implemented under the guise of preventing national or worldwide collapse. Crisis has historically been the justification for governments to seize more power and control over individual liberties. We have seen the government use a crisis to promote economic, political and social upheavals in order to impose their agenda. We have already seen the federal government take a controlling share in many financial institutions.

Are we as citizens being hammered day in day out with continual crisis for a reason? Should we accept it as status quo?
Or is it a subversive movement taking full advantage of decades of manipulation on the part of the powers that be to achieve a desired goal?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So we can realize that "they" always have an agenda...
Or we can live in the dark, pretending to believe that the government is to be trusted, they would never do anything to intenionally harm people.

If as it is that "they" always have an agenda, we can safely assume that to them the end justifies the means.

With that said, citizens get lost in numbers, figures, costs.

At that point we become pawns as "they" see it.

Of course we do not have to allow ourselves to be used as such.

But to resist a stategic move on the part of an opponent is our duty, As we resist, we are not trapped in the crisis, as they wish us to be so easily manipulated.

Of course I am not advocating any thing aside from awareness, and a call to action on the part of defending sovereign states rights.

At this point...at least. The governors of the United States can see that this is a power play...and to voice my opinion...I do not think it is innocent on the part of the Federal Government.

The states were set up with sovereign rights with the intention of protection from the Federal Arm of the government. We must not surrender those rights. The Founding Fathers understood this sytem of check and balance, forseeing the ability of the Federal Arm to overreach state authority. That is why each state is sovereign.

The founding fathers argued that the states needed a central authority to defend themselves against a common enemy, they did not make the argument that the states should give up their sovereignty to achieve that

[edit on 14-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Friday August 14th, 2009, This write up in AllGov.com

Governors from both parties have expressed opposition to the Department of Defense becoming involved in responses to domestic disasters. The Pentagon wants the Secretary of Defense to have the authority to command National Guard and U.S. military units that are dispatched to help with natural or man-made disasters, including acts of terrorism. This change would conflict with current law that gives governors the authority to command any Guard or military units operating in their states to assist with disasters or attacks.

Vermont Governor Jim Douglas (R), chairman of the National Governors Association, and Governor Joe Manchin (D) of West Virginia, NGA’s vice chairman, told the Pentagon in a letter, “We are concerned that the legislative proposal you discuss in your letter would invite confusion on critical command and control issues, complicate interagency planning, establish stove-piped response efforts, and interfere with governors’ constitutional responsibilities to ensure the safety and security of their citizens.”

Douglas and Manchin reminded Defense Department officials of the lessons learned from Sept. 11 and Hurricane Katrina about the need for having “clear chains of command to avoid duplication of effort and to ensure the most effective use of response resources.”

www.allgov.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I think that you are overestimating not only the number of Americans that are armed, but also the number of citizens that are armed and PREPARED to USE THEM. There are many people capable and willing to shoot a deer, but when faced with a fellow American, in uniform nonetheless, that's a whole different story.

Keep in mind, guns won't be taken away from us. (meaning Obama isn't going to bother with the upheaval from trying to take away the 2nd amendment) But have you tried to buy ammunition lately?

Guns without ammo are nothing more than expensive sticks.

Edit to add: There are also many "pockets" within the US that historically are better armed than others (think Texas). The government knows where these pockets are and will certainly meet them with more soldiers than other areas not as heavily armed. 400,000 troops DOES NOT mean they will be evenly spread. In some areas, I think you will only need a handful with a megaphone saying: "Line up." And everyone will.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Notice who wrote that?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasLuxMea

Notice who wrote that?

Are you referring to the last post I made?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Hi my friend,

Theyre gearing up for more than the flu, unless they have a depopulation plan in affect.I doubt that; although the worlds population is making a jump from 6 billion to 7 billion. From what I know the Earth (food) is not sustanable for that number.

What elso do your foresee with the martial law issue. I see banks closing, grocery stores surrounded with tanks, as well as gas staions and mass panicm unlawful search and seizure.

I'd Recommend people to view the survival threads and stock up on essentials!

Here is something that may be helpful?

H.R. 675: Building Obama's Civilian National Security Force

It looks chaotic on the main stream news, as well. Hundreds of private militias and town Hall meetings almost getting violent. I expect SHTF before 2010.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
Star, and flag.

Funny they've been doing this for some time. Just on a small test scale.

The thing I'd see as being very deviant is We in the USA don't have 400k soldiers to spare.

So, to myself, this looks like the implementation of UN troops. I'm totally serious for a long time I've learned the phonetics for hello, yes, no in a couple other languages.

People really need to wake up; our government has been hyjacked, and we are looking at what amounts to a rogue piracy.

Agreed! And why do you think they want to use foreign UN troops....I'll tell you, do you think Fran from Germany really gives a rat's a s s about putting a bullet through Joe American Schmoe? Hell no he doesn't.

It sure conveniently drops the moral factor when you think about it.

conversely , it will be also easier to fire back.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The 911 black op is unravelling and thus desperate measures must be taken by the perpetrators.

The U S is 270 million spoiled, privileged people and a high percentage of them will resist being turned into docile peasants.

Even 2 million Chinese troops will not be enough.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I believe that they are gearing up for something big. Recently, I have had my doubts thats its along the lines of the swine flu...
Could it be that Goverments, not only ours, know full well that our economy has hit a brick wall, and the Feds have been proping it up since last October, by faking the numbers, and printing money, but now there is no stopping the inevitable? Could it be that the troops are being placed within the states, because of a coming total collapse?? Can you imagine what would take place in the streets of big cities, and across our USA if suddenly the banks, stores, everything was closed????
It would be total destruction, people would riot etc...
I'm starting to think this is why, and its weeks away...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Alarmist propaganda...already was a thread on this a month ago on ATS.

Lots of spin, confusion and BS here.

FYI - For those talking about how they are going to use UN troops...please show me where.

I think people are confused about Northcom...it is the UNITED STATES NORTHERN COMMAND ... www.northcom.mil...

Gen. Gene Renuart ...just becuase he has a "european" sounding name does not mean he is!

Gen. Gene Renuart, UNITED STATES AF Commander UNITED STATES Northern Command

www.northcom.mil...
As authorized by President George W. Bush April 17, 2002, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced the establishment of U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) to consolidate under a single unified command those existing homeland defense and civil support missions that were previously executed by other military organizations.

USNORTHCOM provided support in response to the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster in Feb. 2002

During Oct. 2003, USNORTHCOM supported NIFC (the National Interagency Firefighting Center in Boise, Idaho) to lessen or eliminate the effects of 11 wildland fires that burned more than 230,000 acres in Southern California and depleted the state’s firefighting resources.

WHY weren't you all screaming about Posse Comitas when most of our National Guard was deployed overseas and Katrina hit???

Northcom assisted in that and I don't remember it looking like the movie "Red Dawn"....

In Sept. 2005, as directed by the secretary of defense and in accordance with the National Response Plan, USNORTHCOM supported the Dept. of Homeland Security and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other federal agencies in disaster relief efforts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. More than 21,400 active-duty servicemembers and 45,700 Army and Air National Guard members supported the effort in the U.S. Gulf Coast.

Geez people....
You can speculate.....but the BS about UN troops? and the begining of internment camps?....from Nothcom???

Why not research first rather than just regurgitate a partisan fluff propaganda piece.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join