It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman : Obama Could Use Pandemic To Declare Martial Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

www.infowars.com

Georgia Congressman Paul Broun warned attendees of a town hall event Tuesday that the Obama administration was planning to use a pandemic or a natural disaster to implement martial law in the United States.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have feared that this whole staged H1N1 outbrake has one purpose in mind. To install more of a 'Police State' through the means of martial law under the guise of the 'safety of the populace' when the vaccination programe will be mandated.Congressman Paul Brown warned town hall attendees that ,this 'pandemic' is exactly what the Obama Admin. woud use to implement martial law. I know Infowars is not the best reliable news service. I ran into another news service with the same story. www.breitbart.com...

www.infowars.com

[edit on 13-8-2009 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Who cares??? How are 500k people going to control 400 million? If the citizens want to, they can completely over run the LEO's in a matter of a few seconds...

Heck all of California can't even control their gang problem called MS13 so how are they going to control 400 million irate people? Half the LEO's are irate too!

It's kind of like when Caesar didn't want the servants to wear white arms bands because they would figure out they vastly out numbered their masters and would then rule the world....

It's just fear mongering and stirring the pot...

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

I have feared that this whole staged H1N1 outbrake has one purpose in mind. To install more of a 'Police State' through the means of martial law under the guise of the 'safety of the populace' when the vaccination programe will be mandated.Congressman Paul Brown warned town hall attendees that ,this 'pandemic' is exactly what the Obama Admin. woud use to implement martial law. I know Infowars is not the best reliabe news service. I ran into another news service with the same story. www.breitbart.com...

www.infowars.com

[edit on 13-8-2009 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm really worried about this too. I mean really, WORRIED!

I sure hope the American people won't put up with it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Who cares??? How are 500k people going to control 400 million?

Out of those 400 Million people only 5% may revolt
and they'll end up in some fusion center jail of some sort

Your speaking as if everyone is a revolutionist

Don't you think that a very large majority of these people will think and believe that a police state is for their own good?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If we observe the adage that no political event or statement is ever done without a plan, why would the congressman state this?

Of course the pandemic could be used to declare an 'emergency' and of course the establishment will 'use' it to their advantage ("no emergency should go unexploited" a prominent cabinet member said).

This is a sample of political manipulation. The question is why? Why do the ideologues want us frightened? Do they think we will be blinded by the fear? Perhaps they do.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GrndLkNatv

If they are able to to Martial Law, It will not be LEO's or US Troops who are patroling the cities and enforcing said Martial Law, But UN or Nato Troops.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
No he is right. They have no possibility to control the situation, as they never have to begin with.

The problem that stands in their way is called Logistics.

They do not have the resources or manpower to achieve this capability. It is a sad but true reality.

Fear monger all you want, but you are chasing a ghost I am afraid. They would have to enlist an army of robots to achieve full spectrum dominance.

So the question is, when will they have the robots?

Robots would close the gap on this logistical nightmare.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Perhaps but... why would he?

A declaration of national martial law would, first of all, crash an already shaky national economy and probably set off a domino effect around the world in other markets.

Secondly, with a population of 300 million, it makes no real sense to dedicate the money and resources to enforcing such draconian decrees because once you have restricted the movement of people and commerce, businesses will begin to fail, people will lose jobs and then you have a real problem on your hands.

The power of America is in her economy and what makes the economy work, even in bad times, is the ability of the labor force to get to work and the ability of the consumer to reach the market. Short of any portion of that, it all crashes.

Lastly, it doesn't take a decree of martial law to inoculate a nation. For decades, small pox and polio vaccinations were mandatory and nobody freaked and nobody sent out the soldiers to set up razor wire barricades.

I do sometimes think we allow our paranoia to get the best of us.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GrndLkNatv

I think you are forgetting that more than 60% of the population support the President. Makes perfect sense that more than 60% will also follow his orders.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

logistical nightmare?
How many crowd control technologies have they created?
Remember that tank that throws microwave heat on a large crowd?

Also why wouldn't they want an economic crash?

1) Hungry people are easier to control
2) During a massive economic crash the only business still hiring is the army

There you go!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by redoubt

logistical nightmare?
How many crowd control technologies have they created?
Remember that tank that throws microwave heat on a large crowd?

Also why wouldn't they want an economic crash?

1) Hungry people are easier to control
2) During a massive economic crash the only business still hiring is the army

There you go!

Perhaps but... why do it? There is neither a long or short term benefit and for sure, the global corporate structures that depend on the free flow of commerce and the free access of the consumer, would never stand for it.

And really now, how much more control does the government need? we are already so many sheep to herd. We follow our political leaders, carrying signs and shouting slogans. We give Walmart (and China) a Christmas present every year.

There is simply no need.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

You said :
I think you are forgetting that more than 60% of the population support the President.

Well ... not exactly -

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 29% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-seven percent (37%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -8 ...

Overall, 47% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. That’s the lowest level of total approval yet recorded. The President’s ratings first fell below 50% just a few weeks ago on July 25. Fifty-two percent (52%) now disapprove.

Source : Rasmussen Reports

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
this is funny.

before when no congressmen were saying this, we were speculating on it.

now that one has. everyone is like PFFT YEAH LIKE THAT WOULD HAPPEN.

which is it?

lets try and come up with possible gains they would make for doing this.

total world control? population reduction? just test to see what would happen out of boredom/data collection?

i mean why though... why is all this happening?

if a congressman is saying this, then what the hell is going on?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

yeah and 37% of 300 million that strongly disagree is a lot of angry people btw....

i bet its the armed portion too

[edit on 8/13/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Who cares??? How are 500k people going to control 400 million?

Out of those 400 Million people only 5% may revolt
and they'll end up in some fusion center jail of some sort

Your speaking as if everyone is a revolutionist

Don't you think that a very large majority of these people will think and believe that a police state is for their own good?

Maybe you're not doing your math right. But even if ONLY 5% were to actually join the revolt, well, that's still one hell of an army. 200k strong. I wouldn't discount them at all. And if you think having 200k people disappear into camps won't spark some type of attention or response from the masses, well, I don't know what else would.

I do agree though that not everyone would revolt. Many, even a majority, would still want big brother to hold their hands, tell them when and where to work, give them their food rations, and stick them with the 'needed' vaccines. Then drool over the 'idiot' tube all day and night and soak in the BS propoganda and deflection that is on the airwaves all of the time.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I think you are 'under' looking some very important points that MA was making. 1) A hungry group of people are very easy to control. Especially when you are the one that can feed their starving kids.

But the more important reason for pulling something like this off would be the complete and total restructuring of a nation. Because martial law at this point would essentially finish this country. The economy would disintegrate completely and the monetary system would collapse.

Essentially it will be a pile of clay to be molded into the type of nation that they (the ones that won't be worrying about feeding themselves and their families, getting medical care, making money, and so on) really want.

To create you must destroy. That's a fact that many people like to overlook.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
5% of 300million is actually 15million.

So an army of 15million. That is way bigger than China's including their reserves.

Just something to consider. Further proving the logistics issue is impossible to cope with.

They just could not handle the situation, so do not expect it to occur until they have robots, seriously.

Also, to those saying Obama has support of 60% of the nation you are incorrect as those polls are bias and not scientific.

Only 31 % of the total US population voted in the last election for Obama or McCain. 16% voted for Obama and 15% for McCain. That means that 69% did not care or were too disgusted to bother.

And to think we call it a legit election when only 31 % of the people actually vote. Hah. The "Silent" majority still sleeps.

Food for thought.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My gut tells me this Congressman is pretty close to hitting pay dirt.

Just reading through a few dozen recent posts reaffirms something bad this way comes.

I have a bad feeling about all this.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Will Americans follow vaccination orders ?? I constantly keep seeing H1N1 hype both on the national and local mainstrem media. "The virus is muttating", "by fall this virus will be twice as deadly as today", Yet a recent article in The UK Telegraph was saying that H1N1 is on the decline. This whole thing stinks of another false flag operation including our healthcare system which is in danger of Government control and oversite. www.wnd.com...

new topics

top topics

join