It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Children to be trialled with Flu Vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Children aged between six months and 12 years will be given the vaccine as part of the trial and any reaction or medical problem that occurs will be recorded. Youngsters will also be given a blood test before and after. Data from Exeter youngsters would be compiled along with results from Bristol, Oxford, Southampton and South West London to help Government health experts make a final decision on whether to vaccinate youngsters. Experts will be looking out for signs of fever, a reaction in the skin around the injection site and any other illness that children might suffer. Professor Finn said the decision to vaccinate children would be based on the harm that the injection could cause compared to the perceived risk of youngsters contracting swine flu.

Thisisexeter.co.uk

So here it begins. if you tolerate this, YOUR children will be next!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is a disgrace
There are no legal comebacks if there are side effects

LINK TO NEW BBC ARTICLE

And according to this article - the most vulnerable in society are to be injected first

check out the quote

"The government has yet to decide whether everyone should be given it."

This goes against all previous articles insisting that we would have individual choice whether to get the vaccine or not

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Can't anyone read. Let me paraphrase;

CHILDREN in Exeter could be among the first to be inoculated...If the Government gives the go-ahead...parents will be able to put their children forward to be part of the trial

So, tolerate what? No one is being forced to do anything, and if a child gets the vaccine, then it's down to their parents if anything happens as it was ultimately their choice in allowing their child to be a guinea pig.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Quackers - as I stated earlier in the latest BBC article

"The Government is yet to decide if EVERYONE should be given it"

and the thought of children being put forward by misled and unaware parents to be guinea pigs is frightening and WRONG

The laws were put in place conveniently in January 09 - see link below (prior to the swine flu outbreak) (they must have been mind readers) to ensure that when a decision is made - the force of the law is against you if you want to reject the injection.....imo the decision has already been made and it is just a matter of time
The most vulnerable and those are a burden on the state will be first - as set out in the BBC news article in my earlier link

LINK TO STATUTE

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well here's the thing, if the government decides it would be a smart idea to run a compulsory vaccination program, and the majority of the public have no desire to be vaccinated, there is nothing the government can do. In fact it would be a catastrophic political decision fueled by they type of scorn that followed the expenses row, only far worse. You cannot force 60 million people to take a vaccination they don't want, not with all the armies on earth. As far as I'm aware the vast majority of the UK public are seeing right through this swine flu crap, and have no compulsion to be vaccinated against what amounts to a bad case of flu.

The statute you linked to is relevant to England only, not Scotland or Wales, and I'm still failing to see where in that statute or the Health and Social Care Act 2008, it mentions forcible vaccination.

“national vaccination programme” means a scheme which aims to vaccinate all individuals in England who meet specified criteria to protect them against a particular infection or infections, with a view to preventing the occurrence of that infection or those infections;

I can see where with a dash of imagination it might be construed as such, but that is a far cry from actually saying it. It is basically what they are currently doing now, with the tv and radio ads targeted towards "at risk" groups such as the elderly, but no one is forced to do anything, it is voluntary.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I agree 100% with your sentiments regarding it being the biggest politcal mistake ever -
but as clearly stated by the BBC they are still deciding whether everyone is to have the vaccine - and that statute gives the Secretary of State full responsibility to ensure it happens, by whatever means...........as for Scotland & wales I am not sure whether a similar statute exists - but we will wait and see what happens - I find the whole situation worrying - definately one to keep an eye on.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Would Anyone Care to SignThis Petition to stop the swine flu vaccination in the UK

LINK TO PETITION

new topics

top topics

join