It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Mexican Air Force Pilot Has UFO Encounter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A Mexican air force pilot conducting a routine drug-trafficking patrol saw what he claims were UFOs. Maj. Magdaleno Castanon, the pilot of the plane, said the objects where first discovered on a radar signature, and then after he switched to an infrared camera he saw what he described as 11 lights with intelligence.

CBS News
Mexican Air Force pilots filmed 11 unidentified flying objects in the skies over southern Campeche state, a Defense Department spokesman confirmed Tuesday.
A videotape made widely available to the news media on Tuesday shows the bright objects, some sharp points of light and others like large headlights, moving rapidly in what appears to be a late-evening sky.

An exchange between the radar operator and the captain of the surveillance aircraft, as recorded on the tape in Spanish:

Radar operator: "There they go, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, no, there are eight. There we are going to see them, they go to an unusual speed. One, two, three, four, five , six, seven, eight in the screen."

Captain: "Are they at the same altitude?"

Radar operator: "Affirmative"

After the confirmation by a Mexican Defense spokesperson, this UFO sighting is probably the first to have the official backing of a goverment's military unit. Hopefully this event will inspire other governments who have seen similar events to come forward and descibe them for the public.

Additional Information
Video of Sighting From Sandiego Channel (viaSniperEye)

Related ATS Discussions:
Mexican Airforce to release UFO footage

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by dbates]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i saw the footage of this on the Spanish News station, good thing i recorded it on tape

The objects were invisible to the human eye, but the cameras picked them up, not only was there a fleet like in the picture you've shown, but also later on there was 2 large ones moving in perfect synchronization.

Also there are points where both groups of objects move behind some clouds proving that they were at least 3 dimensional objects.

The Pilot who filmed them was almost crying in the interview.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Unseen to the naked eye? That seems to be very common in the paranormal field. What is going on here?!

I didn't get a chance to the view the footage, so post a link to the clip if any of you find it!

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Unseen by the naked eye, yet, CAUGHT ON FILM due to infrared and radar technology

www.thesandiegochannel.com...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yes, I just saw the ATS thread about this sighting.

Infrared obviously has its benefits for paranormal investigators. It's used for ghosthunting, and I've seen some amazing footage.

WOOHOO to the Mexican pilot that came out with this footage! I'm amazed.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i'd just like to know just how high up those buggers were! if the pilot were doing drug trafficking searches, then my guess would be we would be low... this is really interesting.

and yeah, hopefully other governments will give public information of UFOs. have not countries in europe already done so though? and brazil as well?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What a fleet of 10 Piper Commanches? The UFO's were probably commercial jets.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
What a fleet of 10 Piper Commanches? The UFO's were probably commercial jets.

comercial jets flying so close to one another, in some sort of a formation? i don't think so. also, explain how if they were comercial, or even military, aircraft that they were unseen to the visible light cameras or even the eye.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
comercial jets flying so close to one another, in some sort of a formation? i don't think so. also, explain how if they were comercial, or even military, aircraft that they were unseen to the visible light cameras or even the eye.

One other interesting fact is that only 3 object showed up on radar. The total number were only visible on the infrared camers. If these were commercial airliners, how did they hide from radar?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Interestingly this has been shown on national news,

I know, its a diversion set up to turn the attention away from the war

Personally I think its some new technology being tested, maybe unmanned drones, or stealth craft?

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
i'd just like to know just how high up those buggers were! if the pilot were doing drug trafficking searches, then my guess would be we would be low... this is really interesting
From what I've read, they were travelling around 11,000 feet up.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
wow even fox is covering this story.
big news for all ufo buffs....maybe just maybe the truth might come out in our lifetimes...(fingers crossed)

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I am stunned that it is actually a feature story on Fox News. I just flipped over when I saw WW's post. On their "Studio B" show, they are interviewing a man who is well-spoken and did not in any way come off as a "UFO nut." I wish I had caught his name. The footage is really pretty interesting; it is certainly NOT Venus!

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I just saw it on CNN myself. It was nice to hear the story not ridiculed and they mentioned the Mexican Minister of Defense as being involved.

I wonder if the "Signal" mentioned on ATS the other day has anything to do with this.....?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Spectre,

I just saw Studio B also. Yea, the guy they had on seemed pretty legit and serious. It was also very interesting that he said to the American people to prepare themselves for Disclosure.That it's coming....Soon!

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I just saw it on CNN too, and they seem to have taken it very seriously, although I think they should give this story a hell of a lot more time than a 1 minute reoport which is what I saw. At the very least this indicates that the U.S is flying some new top secret aircraft because there is simply no other country that could be operating such craft at this time. And if they are not from us, then this should be the biggest story of the day, because it offers the first good quality and verified UFO video.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Mexico has an airforce???

OMG...

Sorry guys... I really needed that laugh with all of the depressing news about.

Thanks!

Gazz

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Oh yeah... That was on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night... That was pretty funny. I love that this has happened... I hope they tell us what these things were, whether they were US Aircraft or Alien Aircraft or whatever.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm surprised noone else has referenced this article .Theory or explanation. Take your pick.Interesting nonetheless.

www.newsmax.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join