It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

According to reports, it was boarded by up to 10 armed men purporting to be anti-drugs police on July 24. Some 12 hours later, the intruders apparently left the ship on a high-speed inflatable boat and allowed the vessel to continue on its passage but with its communications equipment damaged

This explains why they couldn't communicate.

In the same article, 4 days later they made contact with coast guard which is conflicting.

The Arctic Sea made routine radio contact with Dover Coastguard as it was about to enter the Strait of Dover from the North Sea at 1.52pm on July 28. Days later Interpol informed the British Coastguard that the ship had been hijacked days before in the Baltic Sea.

If they left 12 hours after boarding on July 24th and damaged communications, then the ship would not have been able to contact the Denver Coast Guard on July 28th

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
hi there folks

to the OP,

i live in Portugal and the first reports came out of Portugal,
they said it had dissapeared of the coast of Portugal near to Sagres....
then they said the Bay of Biscay (France)......
now they are saying it was in the English channel.

very strange, thanks for the thread

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

You're asking the wrong person. If you want to prevent the crew from communicating, take their flags, break the lights, break the backup, take their cell phones, etc.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
here's the latest i found

features.csmonitor.com...

sounds nefarious to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Also, don't all Russian ships have a tracking beacon???

Not only the ships normal GPS tracking and electronics, but also redundant ELT's for emergency location in the event of an emergency. Also, each life raft would have its own ELT, and possibly even the life vests. In addition, the Cargo probably has transmitters!

It is very hard to "lose" a ship and cargo of this size. It is very large, tt doesn't move fast, it doesn't turn quickly, it must stay in channels or deep water, and they know its last coordinates and its speed and maneuverability. We have satellites, spy planes, and rescue planes and helicopters.

No way it is just "lost" or even stolen! It is either underwater, or under surveillance at this very moment!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Could have been repaired before it broke down again.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
here's the latest i found

features.csmonitor.com...

sounds nefarious to me.

same source

Speculation in the Russian media has turned to alternative explanations: Nuclear-weapons smuggling? An intermafia dispute with the ship’s crew as pawns? Old-fashioned insurance fraud? All have been posited.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Great reply with great information.

I never thought about life-rafts and lifejackets having GPS/tracking beacons.

This just seems a bit too strange to just have happened.

Is it possible, yes.

is it probable, no.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The men were on the ship for 12 hours, they did a job on it.
No doubt. Whatever went down...and they made sure there was no way to track the ship.

Unless of course...some agency knows where the ship is and they are not telling.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Your theory is a very interesting one and I really hope you're wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Except life rafts and safety vest beacons do not turn on until they go in the water. The beacons do not transmit until they are needed. There has to be some sort of GPS beacon on the ship itself- unless that was intentionally destroyed. But the ship could still be easily located- it's 300 feet long, and submarines could likely detect/ track it from a great distance by its audible signature. There are unconfirmed reports that the ship is already docked in the Spanish port of San Sebastian.

Whatever was on that ship has been offloaded by now. By whom is anyone's guess. Hopefully, it was the "good guys" that got it.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by moonwilson]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If the cargo on that ship was secret and dangerous, security would have been number one priority

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

Ah if there is security of some kind, that can get attention, so it goes both ways.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonwilson
Whatever was on that ship has been offloaded by now. By whom is anyone's guess. Hopefully, it was the "good guys" that got it.

Yeah?
Good guys aye?
From who's perspective?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What the heck is up with Russia and it's ships getting hi-jacked? Last time is was a cargo full of tanks.

Anyway, what's most puzzling to me is that after being boarded and the hi-jackers smashing their radio equipment they failed to make port. Why would they continue on their voyage without proper communication equipment?

And if the cargo is only worth 1.6 million ... why all the fuss of scrambling Russian subs?

American ships go down all the time (worth more than 1.6 million), but I can't remember the last time we sent Subs to the rescue - backed-up, of course, by space-based technology.

One thing's for sure ... something's afoot.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

Unless someone didn't want to attract a lot of attention.

When drug dealers smuggle millions of dollars across the border here in American, they rarely send more than the carrier himself for fear of bringing too much attention to the cargo.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

From my perspective, the "good guys" would be whomever would not like to see dangerous materials in the hands of those who would actually use them.

It's scary when you think of what could be done with "untraceable" nuclear materials. Just about anyone could use them, for whatever they wanted, and try to blame anyone they wanted for it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
could be the amber room on that ship.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'd rather not go to war with Russia....It won't be as easy as we think unless we can use out "advanced" tech which then our gov would have to disclose to us and we would know they have been withholding secret information all along...

I mean the mainstream would know this then..

That and I really don't want to see Pavel Datsyk go back to Russia......He is Great for us...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I don't know much at all, but doesn't anybody remember.. when the whole Iranian Nuclear testing and building of the power plants was sort of MSM at one time,

Tensions were high between Russia and USA, then Russia turns around and offers to make, and ship parts worth millions for the building cycle of the nuclear power plants etc.. to Iran..

I have looked but can't find the source, it was a while ago..

But maybe this jingles a nerve for somebody?

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join