It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan’s worst flooding in 50 years.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Typhoon-hit villagers flee as lake bursts banks
Hundreds remain missing in wake of Taiwan’s worst flooding in 50 years.

Poor Asia surly is going thru havoc this summer.
Major Quakes,Floods and Rain.

How much more must Asia go thru this late summer?, time will show for sure.

Source : Msnbc
LIUKUEI, Taiwan - Hundreds of villagers fled their homes minutes before a flood-created lake burst Thursday, as the Taiwanese military deployed thousands more troops to rescue and deliver supplies to survivors from remote villages devastated during last weekend's typhoon.

But many villagers complained that the government was too slow to mobilize the rescue and cleanup effort, saying more victims could have been saved if they had moved sooner and faster.

The government said its operations have been hampered because many areas of the country were cut off when roads and bridges collapsed, though Interior Minister Liao Liao-yi said troops on foot had reached several villages Wednesday.

Some 14,000 villagers have been rescued — including 600 on Thursday — since Typhoon Morakot dumped more than 80 inches of rain this past weekend, the island's disaster relief center said. The storm unleashed the worst floods the island has seen in 50 years.

Mudslides
Another 2,000 villagers — who escaped those floods and were sheltering either in open fields or on higher ground — were still waiting to be ferried to shelters, it said. Several hundred more — no one is sure how many — remain unaccounted for and are feared lost in the mudslides.

The official death toll in Taiwan stands at 108, with 61 listed as missing. The storm also killed 22 people in the Philippines and eight in China.
Video Here

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Thank you, ChemBreather, for adding this thread to ATS. As a matter of fact, I live in the south of Taiwan.

It is an utter disaster in our county and the neighboring counties. However, we are lucky to live in the city of Kaohsiung, which is much less affected. We just had small floods in our house.

With our shameless and brainless central government here, the President first of all blames the Central Weather Bureau for not forecasting the route of the typhoon fast enough.

Then he blames the local governments for not moving fast enough, even though they sent in rescue efforts days before Ma even considered sending the army troops to the affected areas.

Why don't the local governments use a similar excuse as the president - blame it on the Weather Bureau!

He also blames the people themselves for not realising that living in such high risk places is very dangerous during typhoon weather. They should have escaped earlier and found refuge somewhere. That's what we call sympathy to the people, NOT!

He also refused aid from the foreign countries, except for China, the country he wants Taiwan to unite with so much.

People here are constantly calling for help that they have not been getting from the government until yesterday (the typhoon passed over the weekend). The soldiers spent days waiting impatiently for commands.

Sounds like a depopulation agenda right? Well, he certain acts like a perfect puppet under the US and China (he has more than one puppet string).

Finally (when hundreds of people have most probably already died), the stupid President calls for a state of emergency and for help from the outside. Of course this also required pressure from the foreign media that is criticising him for his slowness in responding to the typhoon.

All this idiot cares about is his stupid face and his filthy money, and his stinking love for China. He doesn't even care about thousands of people suffering from the typhoon. He didn't even show sympathy to them. Just don't do anything until it's too late. Someone's got the depopulation blues.

The victims asked him why they never see him after his bodyguards held back some victims who were trying to approach the president. He just replied "You can see me now"! What an idiot. He's the same idiot who said that he's been using computers since he was in college (1968-1972)

You just need to watch him on TV and you realise how he is suddenly putting on a better show for the victims, after being criticised by the victims and the media for being careless and showing no empathy.

Now the foreign press (AFP) is criticising him, so he has decided to call a state of emergency and call for aid from the outside just to save face again. It's always about saving face.

Taiwan should be mentioned more on ATS, because President Ma's government is the definition of one conspiracy after another.

You know that his secretary went to jail for embezzling money? And we are supposed to believe that the president was not involved...

If you don't believe in conspiracies, such as that the Obama Administration are actually not supporting the people, then you should come here, and you'll believe it all right away! We are like a model for the NWO here!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyAl

Hey, glad to hear you are okey.

So you think it is depopulation at work ?
They seem to have weather Modifaction technologies, so it wouldnt surprise me.

And that they wait and or withholds 'orders' to the aid/military also seems like they are just 'waiting' for as much daeths as possible ..

If you have acces to Pictures, you should add them !

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I don't know why I can never insert the images right here. It always gives the links to the images. How do I really insert an image for you to see directly?

Well, at least I got a few of them to show, but why not all of them?

Take a look at the following images. I really like the one in the man's house:

[edit on 13-8-2009 by MightyAl]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If you like, you can also check out my two other threads with more details:

Taiwan's Depopulation Agenda

Taiwan President Is Target of Anger After Typhoon

Since no one on ATS really cares about Taiwan, those threads will die out very quickly. I just thought I had to post them anyway, because I care so much about it...

Most people don't even know where Taiwan is or that it exists, although it is receiving more publicity lately (probably as part of the US agenda).

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I dont think people at Ats care much about any thing, I see it on my threads, the ones that should be adressed gets no flags, and just fades within minutes into the bundle of other threads...

Some horrific pictures there..

i read that Depop thread, since Taiwan Pres. are pushing an takeover by China agenda, they probably dont want too many Taiwanees there..

I dont know whats up with pictures, you must upload them first, I think that is a waste of time and space, but, not my call..

[edit on 13/8/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyAl
If you like, you can also check out my two other threads with more details:

Taiwan's Depopulation Agenda

Taiwan President Is Target of Anger After Typhoon

Since no one on ATS really cares about Taiwan, those threads will die out very quickly. I just thought I had to post them anyway, because I care so much about it...

Most people don't even know where Taiwan is or that it exists, although it is receiving more publicity lately (probably as part of the US agenda).

My father was stationed in Tei Pei from 1966-1970, when I was in first grade through fourth. I loved living there. The villagers were the kindest people I've ever met in my life. And the island itself is beautiful, lush and extremely interesting.

I'm glad I found this thread and the links to your posts. I'm going to read them right after posting this. Thank you.

And thank you ChemBreather for your wonderful posts.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Yeah, I write threads about important issues that are really going on in the world, not theories and aliens, but no one seems to be so interested, and somehow when others post threads about the same topic, they get more stars and replies than I do...it may be the time difference...no one's really on ATS when I post...

Anyway, Mr. Ma doesn't care about the Taiwanese. He already said last year that China and Taiwan are not two countries.

Sorry that I couldn't add any of my own images, since I'd rather remain in safety than go out there into the countryside and take pics...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Anyway, Mr. Ma doesn't care about the Taiwanese. He already said last year that China and Taiwan are not two countries.

Slip of the toung here ??

Sorry that I couldn't add any of my own images, since I'd rather remain in safety than go out there into the countryside and take pics...

No daredevil I see.
Probably best not to take any chances..

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Hey, thanks for checking my posts! It's great to hear that you also lived here. What was it like back then? Those were the martial law years...did you pick up Chinese while you were here?

The people are wonderful here, especially in Kaohsiung and the villages. It's too bad that the beautiful country side down here is all damaged by the floods. The roads are gone, the bridges and all.

We used to drive on the country roads with beautiful flowers, mountains, tropical trees, and even beautiful homes. They're all gone now...

Where do you live now?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yeah it's like the slip of the tongue when Rumsfeld talked about when they took down that airplane in PA...
Or when Silverstein said they "pulled" Building 7...

I think I'd rather live to be old than being a daredevil and disappearing in a gorge somewhere...

Where do you live? Is that your real pic in your avatar?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I live in Oslo, Norway , and it is the Sarah Conner Chronicles Picture in my avatar..

We have had five consecutive nights with Lightning storms here..Just insane...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Oslo, wow, never been there. Have you got any pics of the lightning?

I was actually born in Holland, and moved to Germany when I was six, After eleven years I moved to the US, and six years later to the UK for my master's. Now I've lived in Taiwan for three years.

So now you can guess how old I am, unless it's already in my profile and I forgot

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

By the way, what's the whole deal with HAARP and EISCAT in Norway? Seems quite big there...so much lightning can only be done by them...what does it look like?

Do you think there's any chance the typhoon was man made or at least manipulated? Why would they do that? Depopulation under our jolly fellah Ma? He's clueless...guess the US is doing it, or Russia?
But they don't have much of a reason. We're already a small country with only 23 million people...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hey, your maybe 35, but, no pictures as they are hard to take pictures of during the day, at night is impossible without equipment..

I see the clouds are 'gathering' for more fun to night though !!!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

By the way, what's the whole deal with HAARP and EISCAT in Norway? Seems quite big there...so much lightning can only be done by them...what does it look like?

Do you think there's any chance the typhoon was man made or at least manipulated? Why would they do that? Depopulation under our jolly fellah Ma? He's clueless...guess the US is doing it, or Russia?
But they don't have much of a reason. We're already a small country with only 23 million people...

Well, I think we have three HAARP's here in Norway, under NATO command, and what they are for, I can only guess..
What looks like ? The lighning have different colors, the last night it was yellow with some wierd red specks or some thing ...

I read it takes pictures in space, which I cant verify, I also heard it is for Weather modifications and I have heard it is for heating up the ground waters in areas they wants to have an EarthQuake, and the last thing I have heard, it is for making a hole in the Van Allan Belt so humans can get out in space.... Pheww...

[edit on 13/8/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

35 sounds good to me, but actually I'm 29

Hopefully the lightning won't start obliterating everyone and everything like in War of the Worlds

Maybe they should come here and create a cloud over the Presidential Home a la ID-4!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Hehe, maybe they havent thought of that yet..
one huge beam of light smack down in the midle of the blue sky.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Sounds like normal lightning to me. I thought the water was heated up for hurricanes? I also believe that the Van Allan Belt was blown up by a couple of nuclear bombs back in the day when no one thought anything of nuclear explosions...

So Bill Gates now suggested that they cool down the sea to reduce the chance for hurricanes...so maybe even the weather will be controlled by Microsoft! haha

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Sounds like normal lightning to me. I thought the water was heated up for hurricanes? I also believe that the Van Allan Belt was blown up by a couple of nuclear bombs back in the day when no one thought anything of nuclear explosions...

So Bill Gates now suggested that they cool down the sea to reduce the chance for hurricanes...so maybe even the weather will be controlled by Microsoft! haha

Any thing is possible, I havent seen any 100% proof of any thing other that they are there....

Microsoft brings you the weather, have your say, Vote now: Rain, sun or snow..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join