It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Berg: US PsyOp sacrifice?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Berg Was US Prisoner in Iraq: How did Al Qaeda get him?

Berg was a prisoner of the U.S. military in Iraq. West Chester contractor missing in Iraq (May 08, 2004, Associated Press) Nick Berg was on his way out of Iraq. He had been released from the prison where he had been held for 13 days by Iraqi police for reasons he said he did not know. Nick Berg, 26, owns a business called Prometheus Methods Tower Service Inc. He first went to Iraq on Dec. 21. He stayed until Feb. 1, making contact with a company that indicated there would likely be work for him later. But he returned on March 14 and there was no work, so he began traveling. He usually called home once a day and e-mailed several times; Michael Berg is his business manager, and they needed to stay in touch... When FBI agents arrived at the Berg's West Chester home on March 31, they were relieved to know their son was alive, but in jail. The agents questioned them about various details that only they and their son would know about. Jerri Williams, spokeswoman for the Philadelphia FBI office, said the agency was "asked to interview the parents regarding Mr. Berg's purpose in Iraq." On April 5, the Bergs filed suit in federal court in Philadelphia, contending that their son was being held illegally by the U.S. military in Iraq. The next day, April 6, Nick Berg was released. Nick Berg said he would come home through Jordan, Turkey or Kuwait... The Bergs have hounded the State Department, the FBI and the International Committee of the Red Cross, seeking information. Michael Berg said the State Department sent an official to Nick Berg's hotel, where an employee told the official they had not heard of him.

Associated Press

What would be the reasons behind this sort of gruesome Psy/Op?

Well, just that: it's visceral, gruesome and easily capable of shifting focus from the systemic abuse charges & facts coming forward on American oppcupation forces.

It will be a rallying point on what we call in the US "Working the referees'. That means this: Republican mouthpieces have already decried the release of photos as being bad for our efforts abroad. Of course, they really mean that it's bad for a re-election year push to see that the White House with Rumsfield as it's spearhead declared in early 2002 that "Enemy Combatants are not protected by Geneva Convention standards". THAT THERE is the carte blanche mentality that lead to these formalized abuses.
Some in the media will take the cover story that they're scaling back their coverage because they don't want to "inspire" any more cause & effect.

From Berg's US issue orange prison jump suit to the grandstand statements by certain GOP Senators as yesterdays hearings, this reaks of a Psy/Op exercise.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
A very interesting angle BT.

The timing was very convenient.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
There is one aspect of their story that doesn't make sense.

Guardian

A US civilian hostage who was beheaded in Iraq had been warned to leave the country but refused to, US officials said today.

That goes against what he told his parents.

They spoke on March 24, and Nick Berg told his parents he was coming home on March 30.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Interesting question. I don't think he was targeted by anyone except Al Qaida, and the reason he was targeted was that he was alone.

The FBI was (according to the interviews I heard) more concerned that Berg was some sort of Al Qaida sympathizer than anything else. There have been a number of these freelance companies (and missionaries) over there, and in their eagerness to help they often make big targets of themselves.

(sigh) (insert mini-rant about Bush and his stupid need for glory. After all, it's not HIS kids who ended up there ... unlike my kids and my family members.)

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well,all I'll say is this .Until yesterday the Al-Qaeda guy was only Allegedly in Iraq then he turns up and personally cuts a guys head off on camera with perfect media timing for Bush.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
B.T. I was thinking that the tragic murder of Nick Berg and
the murder of Daniel Pearl had some parallels. Both kidnapped,
used as bargaining chips, both had a Jewish surname and
were murdered in front of a cam-corder.
www.usatoday.com...

Before i get flamed, I am an athiest.
Sanc'.
Sorry. Forgot link. I'm kinda' sad about this whole
FRIGGIN' debarcle

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by sanctum]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
And so a conspiracy theory is born.

Two lines of enquiry.

First, does anyone know anything about the website that the video appeared on?

Secondly,How did he act before he died ?

I elected not to view it.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
First, does anyone know anything about the website that the video appeared on?

Secondly,How did he act before he died ?

I'm going to look into it when I get the chance, something doesn't feel right about all this. The timing as always is impeccable.

As for how he acts, he's strangely calm before they do it. Too calm in fact. Either they drugged him to make him calm before it happened, he was in a state of shock from fear or he had no idea what was coming.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This story (American Jew Beheaded) stinks....did those killers...their weapons...their demeanor...look like arabs to you ??
What better timing of something horrible...who stood to gain from this madness...the Arabs ??? sure..right..!!
Who were the last people to see this man ?? How did he go from US Military custody to El Quaeda...in 48 hours or less ?? Who believes that El Quaeda is in Iraq??... (only if we put them there!)
All this madness in the name of USA freedom, makes me sick
lefty dave

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The last message to his parents was that he was going into hiding in Baghdad.Now,if we follow this theory through he might have been asked to play a part therefore he would portray himself in the way he'd want to be seen,calm and brave.He wouldn't know any different until it started to hurt.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think the "prison torture" excuse was just that... an excuse. I believe they had intended to kill him anyway, and this was just a more dramatic way of doing it. Mentioning the abuses at the prison was just their way of "justifying" the murder, hoping that the Iraquis and the Muslims wouldn't see them as common murderers but as getting revenge in a culturally acceptable way for offenses against their society.

These kinds of killings in the more fundamentalist groups are not unusual... but they are mostly done against members of their own religion (and mostly over issues of sex and marriage, if memory serves.)

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How come Nick Berg was arrested in the first place by Iraqi Police?
Was he charged by the U.S. authorities?
S.

EDIT: I have not seen either tape. I don't want
to.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by sanctum]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If the RNC truly used this man as a sacrifice, I hope they all rot in hell for eternity.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Breaking News on Sky.

Nick Berg was never under US custody.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's going to work his way for about 2 seconds before the people in this country get infuriated and trample him in the election this coming november. People already know he lies every time he opens his mouth and that he is trying to start WWIII.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Nick last checked in April 9th, saying he was trying to find a safe way home following two weeks of FBI interrogation, after an arrest in Mosul.

CBS

Parents of a US contractor executed by Islamic militants in Iraq are blaming Bush for his death, saying that US authorities had contributed to the tragedy by unlawfully detaining their son for nearly two weeks before his disappearance.

Financial Times

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Breaking News on Sky.

Nick Berg was never under US custody.

As his family and friends in this Philadelphia suburb began mourning Mr. Berg's death, they also struggled to sort out the complicated and still murky circumstances of his beheading. Mr. Berg was detained in March by the Iraqi police in the northern city of Mosul, American officials and his parents said. While he was in police custody, he was questioned by F.B.I. agents who were trying to determine what he was doing in Iraq and whether he was a United States citizen.
At the same time, his parents, frustrated by their inability to find out about their son's whereabouts, filed a lawsuit in federal court in Philadelphia on April 5 asserting that he was being held by the American military in violation of his civil rights. A day later, he was released. He disappeared soon after that. American officials said that Mr. Berg was never detained by American forces in Iraq. They said he had been detained in part because the Iraqi police thought he was using stolen or fabricated identification.

NY Times

Logic is pretzelized a bit here: They, themselves, CONTRADICTED the 'American official' within the article. Moreover, Berg's family filed a LAWSUIT in federal court, for Nick Berg's illegal detainment. Also, the US government is the occupying 'authority' in Iraq. Ergo, they are in charge of the 'Iraqi' police.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
As for how he acts, he's strangely calm before they do it. Too calm in fact. Either they drugged him to make him calm before it happened, he was in a state of shock from fear or he had no idea what was coming.

Did you notice, that several times, his shoulders went high, then dropped low, as if he was taking deep breaths? If you watch, I counted at least 2 maybe 3 times he did that (the video was lagging)
And I am no photo expert, and though I am not subscribing to the theory that he was sacrificed as a PSY-OP move (IE to encite such rage that people demand something be done ) if you look at his undated photo and the video still photo of him in a chair, he either lost some weight and his shoulders shrunk, or something is up .
He was a powerlifter and in the photo with a blue shirt that is undated you can see that his shoulders are wider than in the orange jumpsuit.
Again, it could be angle of body, camer etc, it just looks different.

Whatever happened, this is what worries me;
As the Japanese Minister said when they attacked Pearl, "I am afraid we have only succeded in waking a sleeping giant"

Things are going to get strange and ugly.
People will start to really get pissed when they see this as it propagates more and more

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
something is just not right here.

He was in custody, how can anyone say he wasn't considering the lawsuit filed by his parents, then his quick release.

I am willing to bet he was kidnapped becuase he was American and killed because he had a Jewish sounding name and they felt justified by the prison abuse.

Now the big question, who killed him. Was it really Al Queda, Iraqi insurgents or god forbid someone working for the US.

I am not sure we will ever know the truth, only that now millions have seen the video and trust me once you do, you will not forget it.

One last item, there is an apparent 11 hour lag (reported in another thread) in the time on the tape from when he was pushed to the floor and when he was killed. What happened in that time? It may in fact be very informative but we may never know./

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
It's going to work his way for about 2 seconds before the people in this country get infuriated and trample him in the election this coming november. People already know he lies every time he opens his mouth and that he is trying to start WWIII.

Or....they can rapidly bring to justice "whoever" did this. If you want to talk PsyOp, what keeps them from finding 5 guys, an d say "Here they are" (probably dead) and say "See we get things done"
That would give Bush a boost IMO

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join