It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Berg: US PsyOp sacrifice?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Right, how you going to figure out who the dudes under the hoods are? Like catching bin laden eh? You can't catch a ghost.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grommer
I would also like to point out how the walls and the floor are the same color of those of that prison the Abuhoweveryouspellit. strange coincidence eh?

These are ex Baathist prisons. Dictator's seem to have an
obsession with colours. Prob' for intimidation of the ppl.
The flag, uniforms and any interior of a building that
seems 'overly patriotic'. "I don't like the look of this"
S.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
After reading this entire thread, I was surpirsed that no one mentioned the articles that are also out mentioning that Mr. Berg was advised to leave Iraq?
Beheaded American civilian had been advised to leave Iraq, U.S. officials say.
U.S.: Berg had been advised to leave Iraq

Surprised no one mentioned that Mr. Berg was advised to leave Iraq? There's not much to comment on. The 'official' didn't give any specifics. Advised by whom and for what purpose? Was this before or after he was detained for 13 days?

From one of your links:

A U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Berg was in Iraq "of his own accord" and had been advised to leave Iraq but refused. The official refused to elaborate but promised more information later Wednesday.

Wow, what a detailed description of the event.
They gave us a lot to work with on this one. I'll be waiting for specific information...as it was promised.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I think Miss. Coulter said it best:
(adlib) If the Democrats, anti-war, and anti-bush people are not on Al-Qaeda payrolls, they are getting ripped off.

After reading this entire thread, I was surpirsed that no one mentioned the articles that are also out mentioning that Mr. Berg was advised to leave Iraq?
Beheaded American civilian had been advised to leave Iraq, U.S. officials say.
U.S.: Berg had been advised to leave Iraq

I see no 'foul play' to this, nothing but a tragic occurance that is now being downplayed. I didn't see none of the many within this thread 'downplaying' those pictures and images coming out of Abu Ghriab nor the 'timing' of them being released by the media, despite the reports that indicated that those pictures had been around for almost a year or so! huh?

Sad, very sad.....

seekerof

SO SAD indeed that the SECOND reply to this post mentions (and links to) the article you refer to.. So either you DID NOT read this entire thread and are telling an 'untruth' when you claim that, or somehow you missed the SECOND REPLY TO THIS POST.
Either way that just reaffirms my belief that you should be stripped of your 'reporter' status.

UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE

LMAO, i just had to let you all know that i got a slap on the wrist and a 20 point fine from seekerof for this post.

His reason? Excess quoting!

THAT just reaffirms my belief that he should be stripped of his MOD status as well as his REPORTER status.

Cant refute me, so he fines me.
Wont be long before im am banned for being a truth teller.
Im loving it!

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by aware]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Bangin, here's the latest i can find...
news.com.au...

That's it ???? Wierd, considering all.
Sanc'.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The "orange jumpsuit" is not necesarilly proof that it was somehow an American psy-op. Gall's is the biggest maker of law enforcement gear and they sell to a world wide audience, including every repressive regime you ever heard of. The suit could even be 'Saddam-era.' Orange is the standard.

If this was done by Al-Qaeda, or other militant islamist org, then why do this NOW?

Because, if you are leading an insurgency, like the PLO, Viet Cong or the IRA, your task is to drive your public away from the political center. You want to polarize them and make them fear the enemy.

The easiest way to accomplish this is to fill your enemy with rage. In the US/Vietnam conflict, the VC always tried to bait the Americans into burning neutral villages. Success for VC meant that there were no neutral villages left. literally.

This is working in Karbala and Najaf. First, you always attack from 'neutral' neighborhoods. Next, the coalition shoots back and wound/kills neutral civilians. Then, the neutral survivors flock to your team.

So now is the moment for Extremists to intensify emotions on ALL sides.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have to agree with the good Dr. Just who would benefit more from this alledged psy-op? Al Queda could benefit by exploiting the weak stomach of Americans. The administration could benefit by galvanizing sentiment of revenge. Which group has the pcyche of it's opponent correctly decifered? I submit it is Al Queda who has the upper-hand.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The US government on the substantive portion of media control does not allow releases of information unless it serves a purpose. The clouded minds of most people is so centered on America, that any international brouhaha is functionally and practically ignored.

Already at an earlier time, Rumsfeld has stated a policy to incite the "terrorists," or "freedom fighters," or the "resistance," according to what side the CIA has placed you. You are so conditioned by "black and white," notions of morality followed by an anger stimulus response basis; you will probably even go along with it even though you intellectually know better.

This entire episode by design is so obviously "psyops," as to be absurd. The existing powers which care nothing about humanity, except presumably some immediate subjectively fraudulent concerns, are provoking terrorism. Unless more people wake up, we are going to have more phony terrorist false flag operations, Homeland Insecurity will go to "red," and where is the Constitution? Exceptions of course are in any form biased toward a government by itself absent debates forming the actual will of the people.

Get ready for more, and by the way stuff like this goes on in the United States for jaywalking these days, so the only collective punishment that is in any way agreeable is to retire all CIA personnel to various villas in Spain or France, so they don't do the same thing as civilian "contractors," and monitor everything they do. Naturally the monitors will be tested for psychopathic tendencies.

It is time to weed out the psychopaths from government, I mean do you really want Hannibal Lecter (a psyops personality fed to Hollywood) running operations like this and worse while praying to his Pentagrams?

The ultimate object of control is never going to be the government sponsored terrorists; it is you they want to diminish, to control, and to enslave. So called terrorism is means to be the harbinger of more government, higher taxes, and general enhancement from an oligarchy. What you see is mostly conflicting views from different sides of an oligarchy, the end result is simply more debt.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
The US government on the substantive portion of media control, does not allow releases of information unless it serves a purpose. The clouded minds of most people is so centered on America, that any international bruhaha is functionally and practically ignored.

Agreed. But if you noticed, the US Govt did not release this story. It was an Arab website.
It's also of interest to note that Berg's family were notified of his death on Monday. His body was actually found on Saturday.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The US Sanctioned sacrificial lamb/rally point angle is so plausible it's scary.

Makes me scared to think what the Cheney/Rove administration will try next if this doesn't work in the polls.

Blow up the Sears Tower?

I've been thinking alot about the secret deals with terrorists of candidate Reagen (by which I mean Bush) and rogue Generals back in the Carter election.

Rummy and Cheney were right in the mix then too. Why would anyone think they've changed?

There's a cabal of evil surrounding Bush that I'm scared even (or especially) he is unaware of...people bash Bush because they're supposed to...by Rove's design.

It's purposeful misdirection to "misunderestimate" Bush.

All bets are off. Anything's possible.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
something is just not right here.

He was in custody, how can anyone say he wasn't considering the lawsuit filed by his parents, then his quick release.

I am willing to bet he was kidnapped becuase he was American and killed because he had a Jewish sounding name and they felt justified by the prison abuse.

Now the big question, who killed him. Was it really Al Queda, Iraqi insurgents or god forbid someone working for the US.

I am not sure we will ever know the truth, only that now millions have seen the video and trust me once you do, you will not forget it.

One last item, there is an apparent 11 hour lag (reported in another thread) in the time on the tape from when he was pushed to the floor and when he was killed. What happened in that time? It may in fact be very informative but we may never know.

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by nativeokie]

DUDE, IMO that is a big find.

Also I distinctly remember hearing lots of screams BEFORE he was being decapitated, and even heard a scream of what could have been the voice of Nick Berg screaming, yet when his head was being cut off, he was silent. There were also more screams than there are people being shown on the tape.

Makes one wonder if there was a crew behind the camera going "cut cut cut!! We are going to need more blood, it needs to be more realistic, and Nick, I need for you to scream louder than that, and when we cut off your head, be absolutely silent. Ok! now.... ACTION!"

The above wasn't meant for kicks, or humour, just pure speculation of what ran through my mind as I was writing this reply. I didn't mean t offend if I did offend anyone.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
IMHO, This does not help Bush in the polls, this only glorified the fact that they say they were doing this was because of the Prison Abuse, not trying to do it to take there minds off the abuse. I feel its an exucse not unlike the Rodney Kings Riots to act as they do and use they injustice of others as thier reason.

Now about him being there longer, well he didnt work for any company but his own and was on an adventure. Then when trying to come back to the USA, they had to make sure this guy was an Sympathiser. Whos faults that. Ours, because since 9/11 we have to check eveyone coming from a middle eastren country into america.

Dont look to far into this. The awnser is simple and under your nose., This kid was alone, and in the wrong place at the wrong time. Lets take all this energy to say a prayer (insert God here) for his family who has to watch this 24/7 on the stinking Bad News Jerks we call the news

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Mossad and CIA cant trick me. What a bunch of sloppy,wreckless arrogant psychopaths.....

The orange jumpsuits they wear at Camp X Ray gave it all away, give me a break.

Kinda had some masonic overtones to it. Sorry freemasons out there,,,your involved in the occult sorry to say.

\Oc*cult"\, a. [L. occultus, p. p. of occulere to cover up, hide; ob (see Ob-) + a root prob.akin to E. hell: cf. F. occulte.] Hidden from the eye or the understanding; inviable; secret; concealed; unknown.

secret society
n.
An organization, such as a lodge, that requires its members to conceal certain activities, such as its rites of initiation, from outsiders.
secret society

n : a society that conceals its activities from nonmembers

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Unless they're buck naked; and then it's whatever is available.

Awesome, yest disgusting, find that Grommer hooked me up with.:

Free Republic ( the site that all of our Right Wing friends at ATS call home, get Ann Coulter shemale pics from or came from ) has an Enemies of the State list of companies that don't goose step with the movement.....gues whose company was on it!

The FreeRepublic.com web site and forum has a reputation for right-wing views, fanatical Republicanism and relentless pro-war activism.

On 7th March, 2004, just three weeks before the first anniversary of the invasion of Iraq, an 'enemies' list of anti-war groups and individuals was posted on the Free Republic forum.

It began: "Here you are, FReepers. Here is the enemy."
The list had been copied from publicly available endorsements of a call to action for an imminent anniversary antiwar protest on 20th March, 2004. The protest was being organized under the banner of the A.N.S.W.E.R Coalition (Act Now to Stop War & End Racism).

Among those listed as having endorsed the call to action was this entry: "Michael S. Berg, Teacher, Prometheus Methods Tower Service, Inc."

The web traffic to the Free Republic forum --and it's forum membership-- include significant numbers of serving and former US military.

Many members take their activism VERY seriously

Some delight in causing mischief for those they think are identified as "enemies."

Within minutes of getting their hands on the antiwar names, one was boasting of having contacted the military about active service personnel who were on the list:

"I forwarded the list to the ISC (the command you listed), the district officer... the district legal office and the investigative services office."

The response:

"The poor moron is not going to know what hit him. Is this being mean-spirited? NO! Someone against our military does not belong in the military!"

Another was already investigating a member of the Coast Guard on the list:

"I took a look at his yahoo and he has a site which is not real fond of the war on drugs OR the war on terrorism.... That particular coastie needs some serious trouble to come his way...."

" I spoke on the phone to a senior chief yesterday in Virginia.... [who] could not believe what the guy was doing. He was both astounded and angry. I think [he] is in for some big, big trouble."

If that list could end up on an Internet forum, then it could just as readily end up with the FBI, and eventually in the hands of those in Iraq who are keen to track or harass antiwar activists entering the country.

At the time the list was posted, Nick Berg had just come back from an Iraq trip lasting from late December to Feb. 1. He had reported no problems whatsoever with Iraqi police during that visit.

Yet, within two weeks of the list being posted, Nick Berg --back in Iraq on his final fatal trip-- was reportedly detained in Mosul at an Iraqi police checkpoint. The official explanation is that authorities thought his identification might have been forged and were checking his authenticity.

The rest is here

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
BT,

Glad you posted the dirt on FR.

*edit: oops same link**

And they call themselves Americans?

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by kukla]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If the US needed to behead one of it's own citizens as a propaganda ploy, do you think that they would use a real person?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
okay the clothing issue again.

the U.S doesn't issue silk orange jumpsuits

Berg is wearing an orange kurta (traditional arab and indian clothing)

think about this: if Berg has been missing since April 9th, don't you think he might have changed clothes at least once?

then the Al-Qaeda claim that this was done as revenge for the Iraqi prisoner abuse....well...since we put their guys in orange jumpsuits, they in return give our guy an orange kurta to make a statement.

sometimes I think we give this government and those who be too much credit for almost anything that happens.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
sometimes I think we give this government and those who be too much credit for almost anything that happens.

That's the problem Worldwatcher - they don't.

Some conspiracy theorists endow the US government and military with almost mystical powers. Yet hypocritically, they also accuse them of being totally amateurish in carrying anything out.

Berg being killed by covert ops is a lazy theory.
He didn't need to be killed by the US. If they needed the publicity and propaganda they could get it a hundred other ways and do it far more effectively.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout TimeIt began: "Here you are, FReepers. Here is the enemy."
The list had been copied from publicly available endorsements of a call to action for an imminent anniversary antiwar protest on 20th March, 2004. The protest was being organized under the banner of the A.N.S.W.E.R Coalition (Act Now to Stop War & End Racism).

Among those listed as having endorsed the call to action was this entry: "Michael S. Berg, Teacher, Prometheus Methods Tower Service, Inc."

Damn. Thanks for posting that.
Really interesting.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Am I slow?

BT are you saying that Nick Berg's father was listed as an enemy of the state on a right wing website even before all this happened ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join